• Far From Over is injured and off the Kentucky Derby trail, according to owner, James Covello.Posted 16 hours ago
  • Materiality turns away the challenge of Upstart to win the Florida Derby.Posted 3 days ago
  • International Star reels in Stanford late to win the Louisiana Derby.Posted 3 days ago
  • I'm A Chatterbox sweeps the 3yo filly stakes at Fair Grounds with today's win in the Oaks.Posted 3 days ago
  • Pants On Fire guts out a win in the Sir Shackleton.Posted 3 days ago
  • War Correspondent rolls late to win the Appleton.Posted 3 days ago
  • Prince Bishop wins the world's richest race; California Chrome 2nd.Posted 3 days ago
  • Dolniya dominates the boys in the Dubai Sheema ClassicPosted 3 days ago
  • Solow defeats The Grey Gatsby in the $6,000,000 Dubai TurfPosted 3 days ago

He's Had Enough or Know More to Cashcall Futurity

Doug O'Neill (Richard's Kid, 5th, Classic; Handsome Mike, 9th, Classic; He's Had Enough, 2nd, Juvenile; Know More, 13th Juvenile Turf; Cogito, 7th, Turf; Boxeur des Rues, 13th, Sprint) – “They all came back great,” said trainer Doug O'Neill Sunday morning.

“I thought Richard's Kid ran a good race,” said O'Neill after talking with Mark Verge, co-owner of the 7yo horse and CEO of Santa Anita, in a visiting golf cart. “He had to make up a ton of ground on a dirt track against those kind of horses. He'll live to fight another day. Like fine wine, he's getting better with age.”

O'Neill said he had not yet spoken with Paul Reddam, owner of his other five starters, before making any further plans. “I need to huddle up and take a deep breath,” he said of future decisions.

“He's Had Enough ran a dynamite second and Know More had a rough post and a rough trip,” said O'Neill of his 2yo colts. “I still have to talk Paul, but I'm guessing that one will be pointed to the CashCall Futurity (a $750,000 race that Reddam sponsors at Betfair Hollywood Park on Dec. 15.)”

Older Comments about He's Had Enough or Know More to Cashcall Futurity...

We get it Paddy, you hate Baffert. Explain to me why he is the best trainer the world has?
Why not run both? Baffert will have 5
I really do believe that Know More could come back. Putting a horse that has been training on dirt immeadiately onto the turf is not a smart move. I think HHE will go to the CashCall Futurity, and then I can see them putting Know More in the Robert B. Lewis or San Felipe stakes (that is, if they decide to keep the two colts separated).
^Probably. I really need a new keyboard.
I do like GC as well, he is proably my favorite of O'neils horses this year.
What about Goldencents? He's looked good too.
I think HHE is the better horse. Know more has been tried on every surface at this point, and has not done amazingly well on any of them.
He did show the same comeback skill of I'll Have Another, maybe my prediction about Know More was misguided? I dont know but it appears Know More was in the wrong spot.
He's Had Enough was fabulous in the Juv, if but a few lengths longer----
He's Had Enough will probably go but I think Know More should get a shot to redeem himself. Wasnt a good spot for him. I guess we'll see.
He's Had Enough please! I would love to see both go but not many want that.