• In his first start since the Remsen, Gift Box rolls over a strong allowance field at Belmont.Posted 1 day ago
  • Nyquist has spiked a fever, delaying his trip to Belmont, via DRF's Dave Grening.Posted 4 days ago
  • Second Summer holds off Hard Aces to win the Grade 2 Californian.Posted 5 days ago
  • Exaggerator turns the tables and is victorious in the Preakness (G1).Posted 6 days ago
  • Takeover Target flies home late to win from last in the Grade 2 Dixie.Posted 6 days ago
  • American Freedom fights back for Sir Barton victory.Posted 6 days ago
  • Mizz Money holds on to take the Gallorette (G3) by a nose.Posted 6 days ago
  • Justin Squared was too fast to catch in the Chick Lang.Posted 6 days ago
  • Lady Shipman does not disappoint with a victory in The Very One.Posted 6 days ago
  • Marengo Road gets ahead to take the James W. Murphy.Posted 6 days ago

He's Had Enough or Know More to Cashcall Futurity

Doug O'Neill (Richard's Kid, 5th, Classic; Handsome Mike, 9th, Classic; He's Had Enough, 2nd, Juvenile; Know More, 13th Juvenile Turf; Cogito, 7th, Turf; Boxeur des Rues, 13th, Sprint) – “They all came back great,” said trainer Doug O'Neill Sunday morning.

“I thought Richard's Kid ran a good race,” said O'Neill after talking with Mark Verge, co-owner of the 7yo horse and CEO of Santa Anita, in a visiting golf cart. “He had to make up a ton of ground on a dirt track against those kind of horses. He'll live to fight another day. Like fine wine, he's getting better with age.”

O'Neill said he had not yet spoken with Paul Reddam, owner of his other five starters, before making any further plans. “I need to huddle up and take a deep breath,” he said of future decisions.

“He's Had Enough ran a dynamite second and Know More had a rough post and a rough trip,” said O'Neill of his 2yo colts. “I still have to talk Paul, but I'm guessing that one will be pointed to the CashCall Futurity (a $750,000 race that Reddam sponsors at Betfair Hollywood Park on Dec. 15.)”

Older Comments about He's Had Enough or Know More to Cashcall Futurity...

We get it Paddy, you hate Baffert. Explain to me why he is the best trainer the world has?
Why not run both? Baffert will have 5
I really do believe that Know More could come back. Putting a horse that has been training on dirt immeadiately onto the turf is not a smart move. I think HHE will go to the CashCall Futurity, and then I can see them putting Know More in the Robert B. Lewis or San Felipe stakes (that is, if they decide to keep the two colts separated).
^Probably. I really need a new keyboard.
I do like GC as well, he is proably my favorite of O'neils horses this year.
What about Goldencents? He's looked good too.
I think HHE is the better horse. Know more has been tried on every surface at this point, and has not done amazingly well on any of them.
He did show the same comeback skill of I'll Have Another, maybe my prediction about Know More was misguided? I dont know but it appears Know More was in the wrong spot.
He's Had Enough was fabulous in the Juv, if but a few lengths longer----
He's Had Enough will probably go but I think Know More should get a shot to redeem himself. Wasnt a good spot for him. I guess we'll see.
He's Had Enough please! I would love to see both go but not many want that.