• Gold Rush Dancer (14-1) pulls the upset in Del Mar's Real Good Deal Stakes.Posted 20 hours ago
  • Haveyougoneaway (7-2) wears down Paulassilverlining to win the Honorable Miss at Saratoga.Posted 23 hours ago
  • Exaggerator is going in the Haskell, according to Steve Edelson of the Asbury Park Press.Posted 1 day ago
  • The Gurkha wins a Sussex thriller over Galileo Gold and Ribchester.Posted 1 day ago
  • Amis Gizmo romps home in the Prince of Wales at Fort Erie.Posted 1 day ago
  • Long On Value (7-2) cuts back and rolls in the Lucky Coin Stakes.Posted 3 days ago
  • Songbird repels the challenge of Carina Mia, and romps home in the CCA Oaks.Posted 3 days ago
  • Up With the Birds swings to victory in Woodbine's Nijinsky Stakes.Posted 4 days ago
  • Tin Type Gal rides the rail to victory in Monmouth's Boiling Springs.Posted 4 days ago
  • California Chrome edges Dortmund in a San Diego Handicap showdown.Posted 4 days ago

Hansen Will Finally Run With Blue Tail Saturday

Hansen wins the Gotham Stakes

West Virginia racing commission and Mountaineer stewards have approved the request for Hansen to race with his tailtip dyed blue in Saturday's $750,000 West Virginia Derby. The Louisville Courier-Journal's Jennie Rees broke the story Monday afternoon.

The tale of juvenile champion Hansen’s tail continues with a new twist: The nearly-white 3-year-old colt is expected to actually run in Saturday’s $750,000 West Virginia Derby with the tip of his ethereal-looking tail dyed blue.

Kendall Hansen, the Northern Kentucky pain doctor who is majority owner and breeder of last year’s unbeaten Breeders’ Cup Juvenile winner, said Monday that the Mountaineer Park stewards and West Virginia racing commission have given approval for Hansen the horse to run with the colorized tail.

Older Comments about Hansen Will Finally Run With Blue Tail Saturday...

Excuse me, Shack won two as a three year old: an allowance in Feb and the Preakness
Good luck.
It pains me to see a Shackleford fan being so intolerant of Hansen because Shack only won one race last year and so many people were saying he was no good, most gave up on him. Dale Romans patiently waited until he matured. We are hoping for a similar result with Hansen, that he will get better as he gets older.
He is garbage. ...and I dont care. lol
@Shackisback, if you think Hansen is garbage, why do you even care?
IDIOT!
I am sure Maker is not a fan of this
I'm not a huge fan of it mainly because of the stunt he pulled at Keeneland. But oh well-when I'm an eccentric millionaire with a racehorse I'll make different decisions
whats wrong with this? and who cares?
I think it is fun, can't people have fun? If you owned and trained horses for years watching every race, you would think that you would like to have fun
I really think it's a silly stunt. Why gild the lily?
I believe this will attract viewer and media to this sport , all good.
I believe I saw Hansen run second to Dullahan at Keeneland - just saying regarding above article stated "unbeaten"
It only happens cuz its it WV
C'mon Dr. Hansen, you missed on the color, Red, go with red - then you could get Heinz, who's corporate office is just up the road in Pittsburgh to pay an advertising fee. Maybe a Heinz logo on the jockey's helmet.
Tacky.
While I think it's a fun idea, at the same time I am a little put off that they finally gave in to Hansen the person after what he pulled several races back.
This will be something new for race fans to see!