• Texas Chrome (2-1) bravely squeezed through on the rail for an Oklahoma Derby win.Posted 4 days ago
  • Unbridled Mo (4-1) rides the rail to victory in the Remington Park Oaks.Posted 4 days ago
  • Accelerate (1-1) rallies to win the Los Alamitos Derby (G2).Posted 5 days ago
  • Connect (10-1) upsets the Pennsylvania Derby.Posted 5 days ago
  • Songbird (1-5) gets win number 11 in the Cotillion (G1) at Parx Racing.Posted 5 days ago
  • Noholdingback Bear (3-1) wins the Gallant Bob (G3) at Parx Racing.Posted 5 days ago
  • 2015 Turf Champion Big Blue Kitten has been retired from racing, via the Chad Brown barn.Posted 8 days ago
  • No catching Sarah Sis (10-1) in the Presque Isle Downs Masters.Posted 10 days ago
  • Victory to Victory  7-1) pulls clear in the Grade 1 Natalma Stakes.Posted 11 days ago
  • Good Samaritan (3-1) rolls to a Breeders' Cup birth with a Summer Stakes win.Posted 11 days ago

Gulfstream Park: Solis Nearing Return

Jockey Alex Solis

Jockey Alex Solis, a finalist in this year’s Hall of Fame voting, is nearing a return to action at Gulfstream Park after being sidelined for five months while recuperating from surgery on his left shoulder. Trainer Wesley Ward named Solis to ride Rip Roarin Ritchie in Wednesday’s eighth race, but the veteran jockey is unsure if he can get the OK to ride in time.

"I have to get clearance from my doctor. My physical therapist said that I’m ready,” said Solis during a visit to Gulfstream. “I called him Friday, but couldn’t get him. I’m going to call him (Monday). I hope to ride this week.”

Solis, who has ridden 4938 winners, injured his shoulder at Saratoga last summer.

“I hit the side of the gate and got a little tear in there,” said Solis, “I noticed it for a few months, and then the doctor said I needed to have an operation. It was nothing major. It was just something that needed to be done. It’s one of those surgeries that takes time to heal.”

Solis, whose mounts have earned more than $230 million, is more than ready to get back in action.

“Five months was a nightmare,” he said with a smile. “I feel good. I’m fresh.”

Older Comments about Gulfstream Park: Solis Nearing Return...

awesome that Alex is returning !!!!! go get 'em Alex know it's been a while for ya