• Exaggerator is going in the Haskell, according to Steve Edelson of the Asbury Park Press.Posted 13 minutes ago
  • The Gurkha wins a Sussex thriller over Galileo Gold and Ribchester.Posted 3 hours ago
  • Amis Gizmo romps home in the Prince of Wales at Fort Erie.Posted 17 hours ago
  • Long On Value (7-2) cuts back and rolls in the Lucky Coin Stakes.Posted 1 day ago
  • Songbird repels the challenge of Carina Mia, and romps home in the CCA Oaks.Posted 2 days ago
  • Up With the Birds swings to victory in Woodbine's Nijinsky Stakes.Posted 2 days ago
  • Tin Type Gal rides the rail to victory in Monmouth's Boiling Springs.Posted 2 days ago
  • California Chrome edges Dortmund in a San Diego Handicap showdown.Posted 3 days ago
  • Mokat (7-1) turns the San Clemente into a one-filly show.Posted 3 days ago
  • Dacita just gets up in the Grade 1 Diana in a four-horse photo.Posted 3 days ago

Gulfstream Park: Solis Nearing Return

Jockey Alex Solis

Jockey Alex Solis, a finalist in this year’s Hall of Fame voting, is nearing a return to action at Gulfstream Park after being sidelined for five months while recuperating from surgery on his left shoulder. Trainer Wesley Ward named Solis to ride Rip Roarin Ritchie in Wednesday’s eighth race, but the veteran jockey is unsure if he can get the OK to ride in time.

"I have to get clearance from my doctor. My physical therapist said that I’m ready,” said Solis during a visit to Gulfstream. “I called him Friday, but couldn’t get him. I’m going to call him (Monday). I hope to ride this week.”

Solis, who has ridden 4938 winners, injured his shoulder at Saratoga last summer.

“I hit the side of the gate and got a little tear in there,” said Solis, “I noticed it for a few months, and then the doctor said I needed to have an operation. It was nothing major. It was just something that needed to be done. It’s one of those surgeries that takes time to heal.”

Solis, whose mounts have earned more than $230 million, is more than ready to get back in action.

“Five months was a nightmare,” he said with a smile. “I feel good. I’m fresh.”

Older Comments about Gulfstream Park: Solis Nearing Return...

awesome that Alex is returning !!!!! go get 'em Alex know it's been a while for ya