• Nyquist has spiked a fever, delaying his trip to Belmont, via DRF's Dave Grening.Posted 1 day ago
  • Second Summer holds off Hard Aces to win the Grade 2 Californian.Posted 1 day ago
  • Exaggerator turns the tables and is victorious in the Preakness (G1).Posted 2 days ago
  • Takeover Target flies home late to win from last in the Grade 2 Dixie.Posted 2 days ago
  • American Freedom fights back for Sir Barton victory.Posted 2 days ago
  • Mizz Money holds on to take the Gallorette (G3) by a nose.Posted 2 days ago
  • Justin Squared was too fast to catch in the Chick Lang.Posted 2 days ago
  • Lady Shipman does not disappoint with a victory in The Very One.Posted 2 days ago
  • Marengo Road gets ahead to take the James W. Murphy.Posted 2 days ago
  • Awtaad upsets Galileo Gold to win the Irish 2000 Guineas.Posted 2 days ago

Gulfstream Park: Solis Nearing Return

Jockey Alex Solis

Jockey Alex Solis, a finalist in this year’s Hall of Fame voting, is nearing a return to action at Gulfstream Park after being sidelined for five months while recuperating from surgery on his left shoulder. Trainer Wesley Ward named Solis to ride Rip Roarin Ritchie in Wednesday’s eighth race, but the veteran jockey is unsure if he can get the OK to ride in time.

"I have to get clearance from my doctor. My physical therapist said that I’m ready,” said Solis during a visit to Gulfstream. “I called him Friday, but couldn’t get him. I’m going to call him (Monday). I hope to ride this week.”

Solis, who has ridden 4938 winners, injured his shoulder at Saratoga last summer.

“I hit the side of the gate and got a little tear in there,” said Solis, “I noticed it for a few months, and then the doctor said I needed to have an operation. It was nothing major. It was just something that needed to be done. It’s one of those surgeries that takes time to heal.”

Solis, whose mounts have earned more than $230 million, is more than ready to get back in action.

“Five months was a nightmare,” he said with a smile. “I feel good. I’m fresh.”

Older Comments about Gulfstream Park: Solis Nearing Return...

awesome that Alex is returning !!!!! go get 'em Alex know it's been a while for ya