• Capla Temptress (5-1) rolls home in the Natalma, while making her North American debut.Posted 3 days ago
  • Untamed Domain (3-1) kicks it in late to win the Summer Stakes at Woodbine.Posted 3 days ago
  • World Approval (2-1) shows he is much the best in the Grade 1 Woodbine Mile.Posted 4 days ago
  • Patrona Margarita (23-1) draws clear in the Grade 2 Pocahontas.Posted 4 days ago
  • Uni (6-5) runs down La Coronel in the Grade 2 Sands Point.Posted 4 days ago
  • Johnny Bear (9-1) noses out Hawkbill in the Grade 1 Northern Dancer Turf.Posted 4 days ago
  • Chublicious (10-1) upsets the Grade 3 Frank J. De Francis Memorial Dash.Posted 4 days ago
  • The Tabulator (4-1) holds on in the Grade 3 Iroquois despite drifting out.Posted 4 days ago
  • Quidura (2-5) proves best in Grade 2 Canadian.Posted 4 days ago
  • Winx rolls late in the Colgate Optic White Stakes for her 20th straight victory!Posted 5 days ago

Gulfstream Park: Solis Nearing Return

Jockey Alex Solis

Jockey Alex Solis, a finalist in this year’s Hall of Fame voting, is nearing a return to action at Gulfstream Park after being sidelined for five months while recuperating from surgery on his left shoulder. Trainer Wesley Ward named Solis to ride Rip Roarin Ritchie in Wednesday’s eighth race, but the veteran jockey is unsure if he can get the OK to ride in time.

"I have to get clearance from my doctor. My physical therapist said that I’m ready,” said Solis during a visit to Gulfstream. “I called him Friday, but couldn’t get him. I’m going to call him (Monday). I hope to ride this week.”

Solis, who has ridden 4938 winners, injured his shoulder at Saratoga last summer.

“I hit the side of the gate and got a little tear in there,” said Solis, “I noticed it for a few months, and then the doctor said I needed to have an operation. It was nothing major. It was just something that needed to be done. It’s one of those surgeries that takes time to heal.”

Solis, whose mounts have earned more than $230 million, is more than ready to get back in action.

“Five months was a nightmare,” he said with a smile. “I feel good. I’m fresh.”

Older Comments about Gulfstream Park: Solis Nearing Return...

awesome that Alex is returning !!!!! go get 'em Alex know it's been a while for ya