• ZATT's Star of the Week, is ... Winx!Posted 4 days ago
  • Elektrum (5-2) gets up in the final jump to win the Grade 3 Dowager at Keeneland.Posted 4 days ago
  • Roca Rojo (4-1) storms home to romp in Belmont's Athenia.Posted 4 days ago
  • Lightstream (2-1) rolls late to pass Malibu Stacy for the Raven Run win.Posted 5 days ago
  • Royal Posse (5-2) likes the off going and upsets Governor Malibu in the Empire Classic.Posted 5 days ago
  • Bar of Gold (4-5) wins the Empire Distaff by a country mile.Posted 5 days ago
  • Pat On The Back (20-1) puts them to sleep in a sloppy Sleepy Hollow.Posted 5 days ago
  • 2001 Kentucky Derby winner, Monarchos has passed away at the age of 18.Posted 5 days ago
  • Winx absolutely dominant in winning a second Cox Plate.Posted 6 days ago
  • Quidura (7-2) scores another graded stakes win at Keeneland for Graham Motion.Posted 6 days ago
Breeders Cup 2015

Gulfstream Park: Solis Nearing Return

Jockey Alex Solis

Jockey Alex Solis, a finalist in this year’s Hall of Fame voting, is nearing a return to action at Gulfstream Park after being sidelined for five months while recuperating from surgery on his left shoulder. Trainer Wesley Ward named Solis to ride Rip Roarin Ritchie in Wednesday’s eighth race, but the veteran jockey is unsure if he can get the OK to ride in time.

"I have to get clearance from my doctor. My physical therapist said that I’m ready,” said Solis during a visit to Gulfstream. “I called him Friday, but couldn’t get him. I’m going to call him (Monday). I hope to ride this week.”

Solis, who has ridden 4938 winners, injured his shoulder at Saratoga last summer.

“I hit the side of the gate and got a little tear in there,” said Solis, “I noticed it for a few months, and then the doctor said I needed to have an operation. It was nothing major. It was just something that needed to be done. It’s one of those surgeries that takes time to heal.”

Solis, whose mounts have earned more than $230 million, is more than ready to get back in action.

“Five months was a nightmare,” he said with a smile. “I feel good. I’m fresh.”

Older Comments about Gulfstream Park: Solis Nearing Return...

awesome that Alex is returning !!!!! go get 'em Alex know it's been a while for ya