• Disco Partner (5-2) rolls last to first to win the Elusive Quality on the Belmont lawn.Posted 23 hours ago
  • Battalion Runner and Malagacy will NOT run in the Kentucky Derby, per Todd Pletcher.Posted 1 day ago
  • Thunder Snow confirmed for the Kentucky Derby by Godolphin.Posted 1 day ago
  • Quiet Business (16-1) powers home to win the Bewitch at Keeneland.Posted 1 day ago
  • Celtic Chaos (7-1) gets up on the wire to win the Affirmed Success.Posted 1 day ago
  • Girvin, the Kentucky Derby points leader, has a quarter crack, via Byron King.Posted 3 days ago
  • Party Boat (7-2) takes the Memories of Silver on the Aqueduct turf.Posted 7 days ago
  • Dolphus (6-5), Rachel Alexandra's half-brother, wins AQU allowance; Shagaf lastPosted 7 days ago
  • Multiplier (4-1) kicks it in late to get past Hedge Fund in the Illinois Derby.Posted 7 days ago
  • Collected (3-5) rolls home much the best in the Californian.Posted 7 days ago
Breeders Cup 2015
Kentucky Derby 2017

Gulfstream Park Handicap Quotes

Gulfstream Park
Photo: MEC

Marty Wolfson (You and I Forever, 1st & Motovato, 2nd) – “I liked both horses going into the race. His last race was a throw out (You and I Forever). He wants to make one run like he did today. He wasn’t even going to run. A deal has been made (by Estate of Edmund Gann) to sell the horse to interests in India as a stud prospect. I begged them last night to let me run him. Motovato ran a big race too and might even have won if he was outside. He loves the outside. They are both amazing horses to still be running. Both have had multiple surgeries. At least I get to keep Motovato.”

Javier Castellano (jockey, You and I Forever, 1st) – “We had a plan going into the race. There was a lot of speed in there and I wanted to be mid-pack and wait for the horses to come back to me and just let my horse finish, and it worked out exactly that way. They went pretty quick, and I was able to sit just off the speed. I went a little wide, but I wanted to be in the clear and didn’t want him getting a lot of dirt kicked back on him. And when I put him in the clear, he just took off.”

John Velazquez (jockey, This One’s for Phil, 8th) – “The distance was probably a little bit too much for him. I thought I had set things up perfectly, but by the quarter-pole I was out of horse.”