• Even Thunder (5-2) holds on to win the King's Swan.Posted 15 hours ago
  • Effinex, earner of more than $3.3 million, has been retired to stud in New York.Posted 3 days ago
  • Back on dirt, Midnight Storm (8-5) rolls home in the Native Diver.Posted 5 days ago
  • Kitasan Black, the favorite, scores victory in the Japan Cup.Posted 5 days ago
  • Farrell (10-1) easily wires the field in the Grade 2 Golden Rod.Posted 6 days ago
  • Connect (3-2) nips Divining Rod in an excellent Cigar Mile stretch duel.Posted 6 days ago
  • Mo Town (4-1) much the best in the Grade 2 Remsen at Aqueduct.Posted 6 days ago
  • Miss Sky Warrior (5-1) holds off Jamyson 'n Ginger in the Demoiselle.Posted 6 days ago
  • Verve's Tale (20-1) powers by Lewis Bay late to win the Comely.Posted 6 days ago
  • Texas Ryano (2-1) much the best in the Hollywood Turf Cup.Posted 7 days ago

Gulfstream Park Handicap Quotes

Gulfstream Park
Photo: MEC

Marty Wolfson (You and I Forever, 1st & Motovato, 2nd) – “I liked both horses going into the race. His last race was a throw out (You and I Forever). He wants to make one run like he did today. He wasn’t even going to run. A deal has been made (by Estate of Edmund Gann) to sell the horse to interests in India as a stud prospect. I begged them last night to let me run him. Motovato ran a big race too and might even have won if he was outside. He loves the outside. They are both amazing horses to still be running. Both have had multiple surgeries. At least I get to keep Motovato.”

Javier Castellano (jockey, You and I Forever, 1st) – “We had a plan going into the race. There was a lot of speed in there and I wanted to be mid-pack and wait for the horses to come back to me and just let my horse finish, and it worked out exactly that way. They went pretty quick, and I was able to sit just off the speed. I went a little wide, but I wanted to be in the clear and didn’t want him getting a lot of dirt kicked back on him. And when I put him in the clear, he just took off.”

John Velazquez (jockey, This One’s for Phil, 8th) – “The distance was probably a little bit too much for him. I thought I had set things up perfectly, but by the quarter-pole I was out of horse.”