• ZATT's Star of the Week, is ... Winx!Posted 4 days ago
  • Elektrum (5-2) gets up in the final jump to win the Grade 3 Dowager at Keeneland.Posted 5 days ago
  • Roca Rojo (4-1) storms home to romp in Belmont's Athenia.Posted 5 days ago
  • Lightstream (2-1) rolls late to pass Malibu Stacy for the Raven Run win.Posted 6 days ago
  • Royal Posse (5-2) likes the off going and upsets Governor Malibu in the Empire Classic.Posted 6 days ago
  • Bar of Gold (4-5) wins the Empire Distaff by a country mile.Posted 6 days ago
  • Pat On The Back (20-1) puts them to sleep in a sloppy Sleepy Hollow.Posted 6 days ago
  • 2001 Kentucky Derby winner, Monarchos has passed away at the age of 18.Posted 6 days ago
  • Winx absolutely dominant in winning a second Cox Plate.Posted 6 days ago
  • Quidura (7-2) scores another graded stakes win at Keeneland for Graham Motion.Posted 7 days ago
Breeders Cup 2015

Gulfstream Park Handicap Quotes

Gulfstream Park
Photo: MEC

Marty Wolfson (You and I Forever, 1st & Motovato, 2nd) – “I liked both horses going into the race. His last race was a throw out (You and I Forever). He wants to make one run like he did today. He wasn’t even going to run. A deal has been made (by Estate of Edmund Gann) to sell the horse to interests in India as a stud prospect. I begged them last night to let me run him. Motovato ran a big race too and might even have won if he was outside. He loves the outside. They are both amazing horses to still be running. Both have had multiple surgeries. At least I get to keep Motovato.”

Javier Castellano (jockey, You and I Forever, 1st) – “We had a plan going into the race. There was a lot of speed in there and I wanted to be mid-pack and wait for the horses to come back to me and just let my horse finish, and it worked out exactly that way. They went pretty quick, and I was able to sit just off the speed. I went a little wide, but I wanted to be in the clear and didn’t want him getting a lot of dirt kicked back on him. And when I put him in the clear, he just took off.”

John Velazquez (jockey, This One’s for Phil, 8th) – “The distance was probably a little bit too much for him. I thought I had set things up perfectly, but by the quarter-pole I was out of horse.”