• ZATT's Star of the Week, is ... Winx!Posted 4 days ago
  • Elektrum (5-2) gets up in the final jump to win the Grade 3 Dowager at Keeneland.Posted 4 days ago
  • Roca Rojo (4-1) storms home to romp in Belmont's Athenia.Posted 4 days ago
  • Lightstream (2-1) rolls late to pass Malibu Stacy for the Raven Run win.Posted 5 days ago
  • Royal Posse (5-2) likes the off going and upsets Governor Malibu in the Empire Classic.Posted 5 days ago
  • Bar of Gold (4-5) wins the Empire Distaff by a country mile.Posted 5 days ago
  • Pat On The Back (20-1) puts them to sleep in a sloppy Sleepy Hollow.Posted 5 days ago
  • 2001 Kentucky Derby winner, Monarchos has passed away at the age of 18.Posted 5 days ago
  • Winx absolutely dominant in winning a second Cox Plate.Posted 5 days ago
  • Quidura (7-2) scores another graded stakes win at Keeneland for Graham Motion.Posted 6 days ago
Breeders Cup 2015

Grand Prix Boss Wins Asahi Hai Futurity

Grand Prix Boss survived an inquiry to preserve his mid upset victory in the $1.6 million Asahi Hai Futurity Stakes (Jpn-I) at Japan's Nakayama Racecourse Dec. 19.

With Buena Vista's disqualification in last month's Japan Cup (Jpn-I) still fresh, Italian jockey Mirco Demuro gave a sigh of relief when racing stewards decided not to wipe out Grand Prix Boss's three-quarter-of-a-length victory in the test of 16 2-year-old colts.

Coming into the final bend, Demuro, who had held Grand Prix Boss on the rail midfield, went wide and into the path of heavily favored Sadamu Patek, who was forced to pull up sharply and would finish fourth.

“I was very happy to win a G1 race, but at the same time I was worried because they are very strict here," Demuro said. "I made a bit of a bad move.”

The decision provided trainer Yoshito Yahagi, 49, with his first grade I triumph.