• Competitive Edge returns in style at Gulfstream Park, leaving Mr. Jordan in his wake.Posted 1 hour ago
  • Shared Belief will run next in the Charles Town Classic, according to Jim Rome.Posted 16 hours ago
  • California Chrome draws the #9 post in the $10 million Dubai World Cup.Posted 2 days ago
  • Firing Line romps home in the Sunland Derby by a pole!Posted 4 days ago
  • Maybellene is put in the Sunland Park Oaks, as Callback is disqualified.Posted 4 days ago
  • El Kabeir works 5F in 59.97 at Belmont Park in preparation for the Wood Memorial on April 4Posted 4 days ago
  • Ashleyluvssugar surprises in the San Luis Rey at Santa AnitaPosted 5 days ago
  • Dubai Sky upsets Turfway Park's Spiral Stakes Posted 5 days ago
  • Don't Leave Me takes the Bourbonette Oaks (G3) at Turfway ParkPosted 5 days ago
  • By The Moon rolls in the Caeser's Wish.Posted 5 days ago

Grand Prix Boss Wins Asahi Hai Futurity

Grand Prix Boss survived an inquiry to preserve his mid upset victory in the $1.6 million Asahi Hai Futurity Stakes (Jpn-I) at Japan's Nakayama Racecourse Dec. 19.

With Buena Vista's disqualification in last month's Japan Cup (Jpn-I) still fresh, Italian jockey Mirco Demuro gave a sigh of relief when racing stewards decided not to wipe out Grand Prix Boss's three-quarter-of-a-length victory in the test of 16 2-year-old colts.

Coming into the final bend, Demuro, who had held Grand Prix Boss on the rail midfield, went wide and into the path of heavily favored Sadamu Patek, who was forced to pull up sharply and would finish fourth.

“I was very happy to win a G1 race, but at the same time I was worried because they are very strict here," Demuro said. "I made a bit of a bad move.”

The decision provided trainer Yoshito Yahagi, 49, with his first grade I triumph.