• Minding rolls home an easy winner of the Group 1 Pretty Polly Stakes at The Curragh.Posted 4 days ago
  • Melatonin powers home a strong winner of the Gold Cup at Santa Anita.Posted 4 days ago
  • Lord Nelson lunges late to nip Subtle Indian in the Triple Bend.Posted 4 days ago
  • By the Moon proves best in the Grade 3 Bed O' Roses at Belmont Park.Posted 5 days ago
  • Mo Tom finds a trouble free trip, and rolls home an easy Ohio Derby winner.Posted 5 days ago
  • Isabella Sings strolls to victory in Monmouth's Eatontown.Posted 5 days ago
  • Sarah Sis makes all the running as the Chicago Handicap favorite.Posted 5 days ago
  • Harzand holds off Idaho in the Irish Derby to become a dual Derby winnerPosted 5 days ago
  • Far From Over wins his return today at Belmont after more than 16 months away.Posted 6 days ago
  • Champion Untapable has been retired from racing, according to owner, Ron Winchell.Posted 10 days ago

Grand Prix Boss Wins Asahi Hai Futurity

Grand Prix Boss survived an inquiry to preserve his mid upset victory in the $1.6 million Asahi Hai Futurity Stakes (Jpn-I) at Japan's Nakayama Racecourse Dec. 19.

With Buena Vista's disqualification in last month's Japan Cup (Jpn-I) still fresh, Italian jockey Mirco Demuro gave a sigh of relief when racing stewards decided not to wipe out Grand Prix Boss's three-quarter-of-a-length victory in the test of 16 2-year-old colts.

Coming into the final bend, Demuro, who had held Grand Prix Boss on the rail midfield, went wide and into the path of heavily favored Sadamu Patek, who was forced to pull up sharply and would finish fourth.

“I was very happy to win a G1 race, but at the same time I was worried because they are very strict here," Demuro said. "I made a bit of a bad move.”

The decision provided trainer Yoshito Yahagi, 49, with his first grade I triumph.