• Abel Tasman (12-1) gets up in time to beat American Gal in the Grade 1 Starlet.Posted 11 hours ago
  • Mastery (1-5) shrugs off his competition in the Grade 1 Los Alamitos CashCall Futurity.Posted 12 hours ago
  • Party Boat (5-2) gets her head down to win the Wait a While.Posted 14 hours ago
  • Fact Finding (8-5) draws clear of the Smooth Air field and keeps a perfect record.Posted 14 hours ago
  • Lovable Lady (12-1) blasts away in the Willa On the Move Stakes.Posted 14 hours ago
  • Paulassilverlining (1-9) makes easy work of the Garland of Roses field.Posted 15 hours ago
  • Sonic Mule (3-1) keeps the wins for Todd Pletcher rolling in the Buffalo Man.Posted 15 hours ago
  • Tapwrit (3-2) holds off stablemate Master Plan to win the Pulpit.Posted 15 hours ago
  • Lirica (5-2) finds a clear path to take the Hut Hut Stakes.Posted 17 hours ago
  • Bode's Dream (5-2) returns victorious in the House Party to remain undefeated.Posted 18 hours ago

Grand Prix Boss Wins Asahi Hai Futurity

Grand Prix Boss survived an inquiry to preserve his mid upset victory in the $1.6 million Asahi Hai Futurity Stakes (Jpn-I) at Japan's Nakayama Racecourse Dec. 19.

With Buena Vista's disqualification in last month's Japan Cup (Jpn-I) still fresh, Italian jockey Mirco Demuro gave a sigh of relief when racing stewards decided not to wipe out Grand Prix Boss's three-quarter-of-a-length victory in the test of 16 2-year-old colts.

Coming into the final bend, Demuro, who had held Grand Prix Boss on the rail midfield, went wide and into the path of heavily favored Sadamu Patek, who was forced to pull up sharply and would finish fourth.

“I was very happy to win a G1 race, but at the same time I was worried because they are very strict here," Demuro said. "I made a bit of a bad move.”

The decision provided trainer Yoshito Yahagi, 49, with his first grade I triumph.