• Unique Bella is off the Kentucky Oaks trail with a sore shin, per Steve Anderson.Posted 22 hours ago
  • Hence (10-1) rallies to win the Sunland Park Derby going away.Posted 2 days ago
  • Ghalia (2-1) edges a game Kell Paso in the Sunland Park Oaks.Posted 2 days ago
  • Itsinthepost (6-1) drives home the win in the Grade 2 San Luis Rey.Posted 3 days ago
  • Fear the Cowboy (7-2) comes running late to capture the Grade 3 Skip Away.Posted 3 days ago
  • Fast and Accurate (24-1) bursts through to upset the Grade 3 Spiral.Posted 3 days ago
  • Purely a Dream (12-1) pulls ahead in the stretch to take the Grade 3 Bourbonette Oaks.Posted 3 days ago
  • Arrogate, despite a dreadful break, wins the Dubai World Cup easily.Posted 3 days ago
  • Jack Hobbs is much the best in the Sheema Classic.Posted 3 days ago
  • Vivlos flies late to get up for the win in the $6 million Dubai Turf.Posted 4 days ago

Graded Stakes Committee Downgrades 3 Races

The American Graded Stakes Committee released a statement Aug. 5 that the previously grade II Lake George Stakes was automatically downgraded to grade III status because the originally scheduled turf event July 31 at Saratoga was moved to the main track. Read More

Older Comments about Graded Stakes Committee Downgrades 3 Races...

I feel there are many stakes that have lost their luster of the past. It is perfectly fine to point out the strong as well as the weak fields. They do it for all the major Euro races all the time. Should be no different here. If it is a sub-standard field, then it is.
You mean the ones concerning the quality of the fields?
my y got cut off in way.
Florida f, I commend you for sticking to the subject in the thread opener. I was looking for a wa to b. about the ucky Woodward comments I've been reading for the past two-three years.
Dry teeth, ugh pit of stomach feeling over comments on grades of races , particularly the Woodward. I will not be satisfied until I see a 3/4 page dissertation on historically significant grade 1 stakes and all of their fields' grade 1 worthiness for all of the runnings of those races as deemed respectable by the unofficial graded stakes committee, and by that I mean the ones that witnessed Exterminator running.
  • Floridaf · If I were an owner/trainer, knowing that would completely deter me from running my horse if a race were taken off its scheduled surface. There's almost no point in running if you're not going to be credited with the win at the level the race was advertised as. · 1667 days ago