• Far From Over wins his return today at Belmont after more than 16 months away.Posted 19 hours ago
  • Champion Untapable has been retired from racing, according to owner, Ron Winchell.Posted 5 days ago
  • Cheekaboo wins a blanket finish in the Honeymoon at 23-1.Posted 5 days ago
  • Donegal Moon scores after Unified comes up empty in the Pegasus Stakes.Posted 5 days ago
  • Ancient Secret just gets up to win the Wild Applause Stakes at Belmont Park.Posted 5 days ago
  • Bradester (9-1) upsets the Stephen Foster (G1) in gate to wire fashionPosted 6 days ago
  • Pleuven (Fr), with a stalking move, wins the Wise Dan (G2) at 7-1Posted 6 days ago
  • Paid Up Subscriber (6-1) rallies and draws off to win the Fleur de Lis Handicap (G2)Posted 6 days ago
  • Songbird (1-9) stays unbeaten in the Summertime Oaks (G2) at Santa Anita.Posted 6 days ago
  • Gun Runner (1-9) goes gate to wire to easily take the Matt Winn (G3).Posted 6 days ago

Graded Stakes Committee Downgrades 3 Races

The American Graded Stakes Committee released a statement Aug. 5 that the previously grade II Lake George Stakes was automatically downgraded to grade III status because the originally scheduled turf event July 31 at Saratoga was moved to the main track. Read More

Older Comments about Graded Stakes Committee Downgrades 3 Races...

I feel there are many stakes that have lost their luster of the past. It is perfectly fine to point out the strong as well as the weak fields. They do it for all the major Euro races all the time. Should be no different here. If it is a sub-standard field, then it is.
You mean the ones concerning the quality of the fields?
my y got cut off in way.
Florida f, I commend you for sticking to the subject in the thread opener. I was looking for a wa to b. about the ucky Woodward comments I've been reading for the past two-three years.
Dry teeth, ugh pit of stomach feeling over comments on grades of races , particularly the Woodward. I will not be satisfied until I see a 3/4 page dissertation on historically significant grade 1 stakes and all of their fields' grade 1 worthiness for all of the runnings of those races as deemed respectable by the unofficial graded stakes committee, and by that I mean the ones that witnessed Exterminator running.
  • Floridaf · If I were an owner/trainer, knowing that would completely deter me from running my horse if a race were taken off its scheduled surface. There's almost no point in running if you're not going to be credited with the win at the level the race was advertised as. · 1391 days ago