• Olorda takes them all the way in the Bewitch Stakes on closing day at Keeneland.Posted 19 minutes ago
  • Nyquist will get in his final Kentucky Derby workout Friday afternoon at Keeneland.Posted 3 days ago
  • Time and Motion wins the Memories of Silver for Jimmy Toner.Posted 4 days ago
  • Finest City sets new track record in Great Lady M.Posted 5 days ago
  • Stanford finds his way back to the winner's circle in the Charles Town Classic.Posted 5 days ago
  • Rose Brier sets new course record in the Henry S. Clark.Posted 5 days ago
  • Da Big Hoss lives up to his name with the Dixiana Elkhorn win.Posted 6 days ago
  • Raging Smoke leads all the way in the Sugar Maple.Posted 6 days ago
  • Highland Sky flies home to Woodhaven victory.Posted 6 days ago
  • Brooklynsway upsets I'm A Chatterbox in the Doubledogdare at 25-1.Posted 7 days ago

Graded Stakes Committee Downgrades 3 Races

The American Graded Stakes Committee released a statement Aug. 5 that the previously grade II Lake George Stakes was automatically downgraded to grade III status because the originally scheduled turf event July 31 at Saratoga was moved to the main track. Read More

Older Comments about Graded Stakes Committee Downgrades 3 Races...

I feel there are many stakes that have lost their luster of the past. It is perfectly fine to point out the strong as well as the weak fields. They do it for all the major Euro races all the time. Should be no different here. If it is a sub-standard field, then it is.
You mean the ones concerning the quality of the fields?
my y got cut off in way.
Florida f, I commend you for sticking to the subject in the thread opener. I was looking for a wa to b. about the ucky Woodward comments I've been reading for the past two-three years.
Dry teeth, ugh pit of stomach feeling over comments on grades of races , particularly the Woodward. I will not be satisfied until I see a 3/4 page dissertation on historically significant grade 1 stakes and all of their fields' grade 1 worthiness for all of the runnings of those races as deemed respectable by the unofficial graded stakes committee, and by that I mean the ones that witnessed Exterminator running.
  • Floridaf · If I were an owner/trainer, knowing that would completely deter me from running my horse if a race were taken off its scheduled surface. There's almost no point in running if you're not going to be credited with the win at the level the race was advertised as. · 1334 days ago