• Minding rolls home an easy winner of the Group 1 Pretty Polly Stakes at The Curragh.Posted 4 days ago
  • Melatonin powers home a strong winner of the Gold Cup at Santa Anita.Posted 4 days ago
  • Lord Nelson lunges late to nip Subtle Indian in the Triple Bend.Posted 4 days ago
  • By the Moon proves best in the Grade 3 Bed O' Roses at Belmont Park.Posted 4 days ago
  • Mo Tom finds a trouble free trip, and rolls home an easy Ohio Derby winner.Posted 4 days ago
  • Isabella Sings strolls to victory in Monmouth's Eatontown.Posted 4 days ago
  • Sarah Sis makes all the running as the Chicago Handicap favorite.Posted 4 days ago
  • Harzand holds off Idaho in the Irish Derby to become a dual Derby winnerPosted 5 days ago
  • Far From Over wins his return today at Belmont after more than 16 months away.Posted 5 days ago
  • Champion Untapable has been retired from racing, according to owner, Ron Winchell.Posted 10 days ago

Grade 1 Acorn Quotes

BETFAIR TVG ACORN QUOTES

Richard Baltas, assistant to winning trainer Eric Guillot of Champagne d’Oro (No. 12): “She runs better up front.  When she ran second in the Fair Grounds Oaks, coming out of the six-furlong maiden race, she wasn’t quite fit enough and she still dug in.  Today, everything was right.  I told Martin [Garcia, jockey] ‘if she breaks well, let her place herself.’  If she got loose on the lead, they might not go after her and they didn’t.  She got an easy pace and had something left.

“She is going to Saratoga. Eric is going to take 15-20 horses to Saratoga, and she will be one of them.”

Martin Garcia, winning jockey aboard Champagne d’Oro (No. 12): “Today, I let her break on her own. I let her have the lead and just keep her together and comfortable. I know she can run. Today, this dirt [course] helped her a lot. She loved the ground.”

Rick Dutrow, Jr., trainer of second-place finisher Amen Hallelujah (No. 6): “The horse ran big.”

Ramon Dominguez, rider aboard second-place finisher Amen Hallelujah (No. 6): “She was going fine through the first half-mile.  For a brief moment, we had nowhere to go.  Once we got out, we were pretty wide.  She was coming at the winner and I thought we had a chance to get her, but the winner kept digging in.”

Dan Hendricks, trainer of third-place finisher Tanda (No. 2): “She ran really well.  She got off sulky-slow, then sat back and relaxed well.  Mike [Smith, jockey] said he got pushed out, pushed out and had to make a super-wide move and it cost her the race."

Mike Smith, rider aboard third-place finisher Tanda (No. 2): “I had a horrible trip. I got away last, and the other horses were taking me out and taking me in. I was probably on the best horse.”

Older Comments about Grade 1 Acorn Quotes...

I think she was the best horse in that race. Dan Hendricks has done a wonderful job with her. Mike, I believe he did the best he could. I was very upset with the third pl finish, just for a moment, then iI thought she is now grd 1 placed and has run on all surfaces and been on the board! Congrats to all her connections. The "Queen" Zenyatta has made history!!!! what a mare 17 wins .