• Gold Rush Dancer (14-1) pulls the upset in Del Mar's Real Good Deal Stakes.Posted 10 hours ago
  • Haveyougoneaway (7-2) wears down Paulassilverlining to win the Honorable Miss at Saratoga.Posted 13 hours ago
  • Exaggerator is going in the Haskell, according to Steve Edelson of the Asbury Park Press.Posted 17 hours ago
  • The Gurkha wins a Sussex thriller over Galileo Gold and Ribchester.Posted 20 hours ago
  • Amis Gizmo romps home in the Prince of Wales at Fort Erie.Posted 1 day ago
  • Long On Value (7-2) cuts back and rolls in the Lucky Coin Stakes.Posted 2 days ago
  • Songbird repels the challenge of Carina Mia, and romps home in the CCA Oaks.Posted 3 days ago
  • Up With the Birds swings to victory in Woodbine's Nijinsky Stakes.Posted 3 days ago
  • Tin Type Gal rides the rail to victory in Monmouth's Boiling Springs.Posted 3 days ago
  • California Chrome edges Dortmund in a San Diego Handicap showdown.Posted 4 days ago

Grade 1 Acorn Quotes

BETFAIR TVG ACORN QUOTES

Richard Baltas, assistant to winning trainer Eric Guillot of Champagne d’Oro (No. 12): “She runs better up front.  When she ran second in the Fair Grounds Oaks, coming out of the six-furlong maiden race, she wasn’t quite fit enough and she still dug in.  Today, everything was right.  I told Martin [Garcia, jockey] ‘if she breaks well, let her place herself.’  If she got loose on the lead, they might not go after her and they didn’t.  She got an easy pace and had something left.

“She is going to Saratoga. Eric is going to take 15-20 horses to Saratoga, and she will be one of them.”

Martin Garcia, winning jockey aboard Champagne d’Oro (No. 12): “Today, I let her break on her own. I let her have the lead and just keep her together and comfortable. I know she can run. Today, this dirt [course] helped her a lot. She loved the ground.”

Rick Dutrow, Jr., trainer of second-place finisher Amen Hallelujah (No. 6): “The horse ran big.”

Ramon Dominguez, rider aboard second-place finisher Amen Hallelujah (No. 6): “She was going fine through the first half-mile.  For a brief moment, we had nowhere to go.  Once we got out, we were pretty wide.  She was coming at the winner and I thought we had a chance to get her, but the winner kept digging in.”

Dan Hendricks, trainer of third-place finisher Tanda (No. 2): “She ran really well.  She got off sulky-slow, then sat back and relaxed well.  Mike [Smith, jockey] said he got pushed out, pushed out and had to make a super-wide move and it cost her the race."

Mike Smith, rider aboard third-place finisher Tanda (No. 2): “I had a horrible trip. I got away last, and the other horses were taking me out and taking me in. I was probably on the best horse.”

Older Comments about Grade 1 Acorn Quotes...

I think she was the best horse in that race. Dan Hendricks has done a wonderful job with her. Mike, I believe he did the best he could. I was very upset with the third pl finish, just for a moment, then iI thought she is now grd 1 placed and has run on all surfaces and been on the board! Congrats to all her connections. The "Queen" Zenyatta has made history!!!! what a mare 17 wins .