• ZATT's Star of the Week, is ... Winx!Posted 2 days ago
  • Elektrum (5-2) gets up in the final jump to win the Grade 3 Dowager at Keeneland.Posted 2 days ago
  • Roca Rojo (4-1) storms home to romp in Belmont's Athenia.Posted 2 days ago
  • Lightstream (2-1) rolls late to pass Malibu Stacy for the Raven Run win.Posted 3 days ago
  • Royal Posse (5-2) likes the off going and upsets Governor Malibu in the Empire Classic.Posted 3 days ago
  • Bar of Gold (4-5) wins the Empire Distaff by a country mile.Posted 3 days ago
  • Pat On The Back (20-1) puts them to sleep in a sloppy Sleepy Hollow.Posted 3 days ago
  • 2001 Kentucky Derby winner, Monarchos has passed away at the age of 18.Posted 3 days ago
  • Winx absolutely dominant in winning a second Cox Plate.Posted 4 days ago
  • Quidura (7-2) scores another graded stakes win at Keeneland for Graham Motion.Posted 4 days ago
Breeders Cup 2015

Gracer Survives Duel in Marshua Stakes

Gracer wins 2014 Marshua Stakes
Photo: Jim McCue, Maryland Jockey Club
Odds-on favorite Gracer survived a spirited duel and came home the clear winner of the $100,000 Marshua Stakes for 3-year-old fillies, the second of four stakes at Laurel Park Saturday afternoon.

Owned by Three Chimney Racing Partnership & Team D and trained by Tony Dutrow, Gracer covered the six-furlong distance in 1:12.18 and won by three lengths. Longshot Jump Two, who was left at the gate at the start, rallied to take second while pacesetter Jonesin for Jerry drifted home after tiring from her duel with the winner and finished third.

“The race ran just as I expected,” Dutrow said. “The one (Jonesin For Jerry) came out running as we thought she would. I knew that we were the one to beat. She ran a strong race and I was happy to see her pull off strongly at the finish.”

Alex Cintron was aboard the winner, who had won the Blue Mountain Juvenile Fillies in her previous start and finished second in the Matron Stakes (G2) at Belmont Park in September.

“My horse was real relaxed,” Cintron said. “The other horse was more rank. I felt good right away when I was breaking because the other horse didn’t break too well and he had to use that horse a lot in the beginning. Tony was looking for a rider and he found me. He told me he was going to put me on some stakes horses. This is the first stakes I’ve ridden for him.”

The daughter of Exchange Rate paid $3.