• Texas Chrome (2-1) bravely squeezed through on the rail for an Oklahoma Derby win.Posted 4 days ago
  • Unbridled Mo (4-1) rides the rail to victory in the Remington Park Oaks.Posted 4 days ago
  • Accelerate (1-1) rallies to win the Los Alamitos Derby (G2).Posted 5 days ago
  • Connect (10-1) upsets the Pennsylvania Derby.Posted 5 days ago
  • Songbird (1-5) gets win number 11 in the Cotillion (G1) at Parx Racing.Posted 5 days ago
  • Noholdingback Bear (3-1) wins the Gallant Bob (G3) at Parx Racing.Posted 5 days ago
  • 2015 Turf Champion Big Blue Kitten has been retired from racing, via the Chad Brown barn.Posted 8 days ago
  • No catching Sarah Sis (10-1) in the Presque Isle Downs Masters.Posted 10 days ago
  • Victory to Victory  7-1) pulls clear in the Grade 1 Natalma Stakes.Posted 11 days ago
  • Good Samaritan (3-1) rolls to a Breeders' Cup birth with a Summer Stakes win.Posted 11 days ago

Gracer Survives Duel in Marshua Stakes

Gracer wins 2014 Marshua Stakes
Photo: Jim McCue, Maryland Jockey Club
Odds-on favorite Gracer survived a spirited duel and came home the clear winner of the $100,000 Marshua Stakes for 3-year-old fillies, the second of four stakes at Laurel Park Saturday afternoon.

Owned by Three Chimney Racing Partnership & Team D and trained by Tony Dutrow, Gracer covered the six-furlong distance in 1:12.18 and won by three lengths. Longshot Jump Two, who was left at the gate at the start, rallied to take second while pacesetter Jonesin for Jerry drifted home after tiring from her duel with the winner and finished third.

“The race ran just as I expected,” Dutrow said. “The one (Jonesin For Jerry) came out running as we thought she would. I knew that we were the one to beat. She ran a strong race and I was happy to see her pull off strongly at the finish.”

Alex Cintron was aboard the winner, who had won the Blue Mountain Juvenile Fillies in her previous start and finished second in the Matron Stakes (G2) at Belmont Park in September.

“My horse was real relaxed,” Cintron said. “The other horse was more rank. I felt good right away when I was breaking because the other horse didn’t break too well and he had to use that horse a lot in the beginning. Tony was looking for a rider and he found me. He told me he was going to put me on some stakes horses. This is the first stakes I’ve ridden for him.”

The daughter of Exchange Rate paid $3.