• ZATT's Star of the Week, is ... Winx!Posted 9 hours ago
  • Elektrum (5-2) gets up in the final jump to win the Grade 3 Dowager at Keeneland.Posted 12 hours ago
  • Roca Rojo (4-1) storms home to romp in Belmont's Athenia.Posted 12 hours ago
  • Lightstream (2-1) rolls late to pass Malibu Stacy for the Raven Run win.Posted 1 day ago
  • Royal Posse (5-2) likes the off going and upsets Governor Malibu in the Empire Classic.Posted 1 day ago
  • Bar of Gold (4-5) wins the Empire Distaff by a country mile.Posted 1 day ago
  • Pat On The Back (20-1) puts them to sleep in a sloppy Sleepy Hollow.Posted 1 day ago
  • 2001 Kentucky Derby winner, Monarchos has passed away at the age of 18.Posted 1 day ago
  • Winx absolutely dominant in winning a second Cox Plate.Posted 1 day ago
  • Quidura (7-2) scores another graded stakes win at Keeneland for Graham Motion.Posted 2 days ago
Breeders Cup 2015

Gomez Thinks Byrony Can Improve

Garrett Gomez got acquainted with Byrony for the first time when he rode the Irish-bred mare to a sharp second by a neck to A Jealous Woman in the Megahertz Stakes on Jan. 19.

The 42-year-old jockey, who won two races Friday giving him 24 for the meet and a winning average of 23 percent, likes his chances in Monday‘s Presidents’ Day feature, the Grade II Buena Vista Stakes at one mile on turf.

"She ran really well that day,” Gomez said of Byrony. “I wheeled her out and asked her to go out and get them. She ran a really good race. She couldn’t quite get to the last horse, but when I first turned for home I thought I was going to be able to run them down.

“Then when I uncovered her, she didn’t quite give me the kick that I thought she might. But I learned a little bit about her and hopefully we can get her to improve again.”

The field for the Buena Vista: Byrony, Garrett Gomez, 6-1; Mizdirection, Mike Smith, 1-1; Byrama, Victor Espinoza, 8-1; Long Face, Julien Leparoux, 20-1; Trois Aureole, Martin Garcia, 15-1; A Jealous Woman, Brice Blanc, 7-2; Charm the Maker, Joe Talamo, 15-1; and In the Stars, Gary Stevens, 4-1. First post time Monday is 12:30 p.m.

Fans attending Santa Anita on Presidents’ Day will receive free an attractive Santa Anita umbrella with paid admission while supplies last.