• Unified (2-1) makes a winning return in the Grade 3 Gulfstream Park Sprint.Posted 11 minutes ago
  • Enterprising (3-1) runs down Oscar Nominated in the Grade 3 Fair Grounds Handicap.Posted 19 minutes ago
  • Morticia (2-1) game all the way in the Melody of Colors.Posted 42 minutes ago
  • Farrell (7-2) pulls away to win the Grade 2 Rachel Alexandra.Posted 45 minutes ago
  • Yorkiepoo Princess (9-5) races through fog to win the Busher Stakes.Posted 1 hour ago
  • Honorable Duty (5-1) holds on to take the Grade 3 Mineshaft Handicap.Posted 1 hour ago
  • Believe in Bertie (3-5) sets new course record in Daisy Devine.Posted 1 hour ago
  • Hogy (5-2) earns his 16th career victory in the Colonel Power.Posted 2 hours ago
  • Even money favorite Derek's Smile goes gate to wire in the Texas Glitter.Posted 3 hours ago
  • Winx wins her 15th straight and her tenth Group 1 in the Chipping Norton.Posted 10 hours ago

Gomez Thinks Byrony Can Improve

Garrett Gomez got acquainted with Byrony for the first time when he rode the Irish-bred mare to a sharp second by a neck to A Jealous Woman in the Megahertz Stakes on Jan. 19.

The 42-year-old jockey, who won two races Friday giving him 24 for the meet and a winning average of 23 percent, likes his chances in Monday‘s Presidents’ Day feature, the Grade II Buena Vista Stakes at one mile on turf.

"She ran really well that day,” Gomez said of Byrony. “I wheeled her out and asked her to go out and get them. She ran a really good race. She couldn’t quite get to the last horse, but when I first turned for home I thought I was going to be able to run them down.

“Then when I uncovered her, she didn’t quite give me the kick that I thought she might. But I learned a little bit about her and hopefully we can get her to improve again.”

The field for the Buena Vista: Byrony, Garrett Gomez, 6-1; Mizdirection, Mike Smith, 1-1; Byrama, Victor Espinoza, 8-1; Long Face, Julien Leparoux, 20-1; Trois Aureole, Martin Garcia, 15-1; A Jealous Woman, Brice Blanc, 7-2; Charm the Maker, Joe Talamo, 15-1; and In the Stars, Gary Stevens, 4-1. First post time Monday is 12:30 p.m.

Fans attending Santa Anita on Presidents’ Day will receive free an attractive Santa Anita umbrella with paid admission while supplies last.