• There will be a Pick Six carryover of $167,021 when racing resumes Friday at Los Alamitos.Posted 1 day ago
  • There will be a Pick Six carryover of $42,460 when racing resumes Thursday at Los Alamitos.Posted 2 days ago
  •  Assateague goes wire to wire in the Dr. James Penny Memorial!Posted 3 days ago
  • Clearly Now breaks the 7f track record at Belmont - 1:19.96.Posted 6 days ago
  • There will be a Pick Six carryover of $28,880 when racing resumes July 4 at Los Al.Posted 7 days ago
  • 1-9 Frac Daddy upset by Sky Captain in the Dominion Day! Posted 10 days ago
  •  Size holds off Ria Antonia in the Iowa Oaks!Posted 13 days ago
  •  Declassify game in the Triple Bend!Posted 13 days ago
  •  Riposte proves best in the New York Handicap!Posted 13 days ago

Goldikova Delivers Colt by Galileo

Alain and Gerard Wertheimer's homebred champion Goldikova, the sole three-time Breeders' Cup winner, produced her first foal, a colt by leading sire Galileo, Sunday, Feb. 3, at Coolmore Stud in Ireland, according to Coolmore's Facebook page. The 8-year-old mare (AnabaaBorn Gold, by Blushing Groom) will be bred back to Galileo, who stands at Coolmore.

Goldikova's Breeders' Cup wins came in the Mile (gr. IT). She captured the 2008-10 runnings. She finished third, beaten a length, in the 2011 running when the race was sponsored by TVG.

Goldikova captured the 2008 running over Kip Deville. Her next two wins came when the race was sponsored by TVG. Goldikova won the 2009 running over Courageous Cat   and the following year's event over Gio Ponti. Goldikova was voted North America's champion grass mare in 2009-10.

Goldikova, who won 11 group I stakes overseas, was a two-time European champion as well as a four-time topweight in France and a three-time topweight in England. She was retired with a record of 17-6-3 from 27 starts and earnings of $7,176,551.

Older Comments about Goldikova Delivers Colt by Galileo...

sorry northport, I meant that comment for Marcello! Sorry again.
northport, Goldikova's nemesis, Zarkava, was owned by the Aga Khan
Goldikova was never owned by the Aga Khan, she was bred by Wertheimer et Frere and owned by them her entire life
My apologies, I thought Coolmore bought an interest in her from the Aga Khan. I could certainly see Freddie Head training this colt, but I certainly have no issue with Andre fabre either way.
She will most likely go into training with Freddie Head, Andre Fabre perhaps Carlos Laffon Parias
Marcello, Coolmore doesn't own Goldikova, she is still owned by Wertheimer et Frère, just boarded at Coolmore.
I know Kind is in Foal to Galileo again and is due to deliver soon. Full brother/Sister to Frankel.
zxswordxz - I doubt Coolmore will sell this foal. He will probably end up at Ballydoyle in 2014 to start his breaking and training. I am very excited, and hopeful that this little guy makes it to the track. Could be a great Miler, or middle distance horse.
Goldikova's younger sister by Galileo,Galikova, is due to be covered for the first time by Dansili. And their dam, Born Gold goes to Redoute's Choice.
I read somewhere the Frankel is booked solid for the next 3 years. If Goldi is going back to Galileo this year, I wonder if she has a date with Frankel in the next 2? Although that would be some pretty close inbreeding on Frankel's female side
I added a photo of Boy Wonder...he's a good looker! Rather compact!
I wonder what the sales tag will be on this colt if it goes on sale. Can't asked for better pedigree.
Galikova, Goldikova's 1/2 sibling, is by Galileo. Cross has proven successful!
I'm so excited to see him run!
Agree, very curious about him. And always like the full sibling thing, particularly when it's 2 like these.
She delivered at Coolmore Ireland as the plan is for her to be bred back to Galileo. Pictures to be posted by Coolmore soon!
LIKE! I've been searching for information on her. I knew she had to be close. Love her. The main reason I traveled to CD for the BC in '10:)
Very excited to see how this cross turns out :)