• Nyquist will get in his final Kentucky Derby workout Friday afternoon at Keeneland.Posted 3 days ago
  • Time and Motion wins the Memories of Silver for Jimmy Toner.Posted 4 days ago
  • Finest City sets new track record in Great Lady M.Posted 5 days ago
  • Stanford finds his way back to the winner's circle in the Charles Town Classic.Posted 5 days ago
  • Rose Brier sets new course record in the Henry S. Clark.Posted 5 days ago
  • Da Big Hoss lives up to his name with the Dixiana Elkhorn win.Posted 5 days ago
  • Raging Smoke leads all the way in the Sugar Maple.Posted 5 days ago
  • Highland Sky flies home to Woodhaven victory.Posted 5 days ago
  • Brooklynsway upsets I'm A Chatterbox in the Doubledogdare at 25-1.Posted 6 days ago
  • Cupid has been removed from consideration from the Kentucky Derby; Mo Tom is now in.Posted 11 days ago

Goldikova, Canford Cliffs to Meet at Royal Ascot

Goldikova top story.
THE clash everyone was hoping would kick off Royal Ascot on June 14 is set to become a reality after Goldikova’s trainer Freddie Head revealed to the Racing Post the wonder mare would take on Canford Cliffs in the Queen Anne Stakes.

The contest – the first of three Group 1s that guarantee the royal meeting starts with a bang – was last yearwon by Goldikova on her first visit to the course. But after the record-breaking six-year-old made a successful return in the Prix d’Ispahan eight days ago, Head refused to commit to another crack at Ascot, saying: “I won’t be drawn now”.

However, now the decision has been made to send theWertheimers’ 13-time Group 1 winner to the Queen Anne again, it gives Britain’s champion trainer Richard Hannon and jockey Richard Hughes another shot at the French superstar, who beat that duo’s Paco Boy by a neck in last year’s Queen Anne.

Head said on Sunday: “We are going to Ascot for the Queen Anne. She has come out of the d’Ispahan very well and will improve for that run.”

Older Comments about Goldikova, Canford Cliffs to Meet at Royal Ascot...

Would love, love, LOVE to go there in person to watch history be made. I'm really envious of those who will be there in person to watch. Any idea whether these races will be televised by HRTV or TVG? Because I am so willing to stay up all night or get up early to watch.
My cousin and her husband will almost certainly be there in person. Jealous...
Great race!! American trainers should learn from the euros. There race horses so RACE them.
Wow, I would love to go to Ascot someday. I went to York on my honeymoon.
Is there a Like button on here? :o)