• Far Right shoots up the rail again to score in the Southwest Stakes. Posted 5 days ago
  • Khozan demolishes a Gulfstream Park allowance field to remain perfect in two starts. Posted 6 days ago
  • No beating North Slope as he returns to dirt a winner in the Evening Attire. Posted 6 days ago
  •  International Star scrapes the paint to win the Risen Star.Posted 6 days ago
  • I'm A Chatterbox speaks loud and clear in the Rachel Alexandra. Posted 6 days ago
  • Itsaknockout wins the Fountain of Youth on the DQ of Upstart. Posted 6 days ago
  •  Chocolate Ride sneaks away in the Fair Grounds Handicap.Posted 6 days ago
  • Long On Value clearly Best in the Canadian Turf. Posted 6 days ago
  •  Street Babe surprise the Mineshaft field at Fair Grounds.Posted 6 days ago
  • Main Sequence storms home late to win the Mac Diarmida! Posted 6 days ago

Gio Ponti tries extend streak

Gio Ponti rolls in the 2009 Man O' War
Castleton Lyons’ Gio Ponti, the undisputed leader in the U.S. turf male division, will bid for a fifth consecutive Group 1 win on grass in the $600,000 Joe Hirsch Turf Classic Invitational Stakes (G1) on Saturday at Belmont Park. Read More

Older Comments about Gio Ponti tries extend streak...

Gio Ponti is awesome. The only way I see him losing Saturday, is if Presious Passion freaks on the lead and never stops... but it would have to be pretty firm turf for that to happen...
I really can't see this colt losing on grass, even at a 11/2. I'd just love to see what he could do on dirt or sythetics. The only other horse that would remotely have a chance to beat Gio Ponti on grass, in my opinion, might be Battle of Hastings. But even though he too is an excellent turf horse I'd say even his chances would be slim. I don't think either of them have ever been a 11/2, but I like Gio Ponti's chances to win at that distance better than BOH.