• Unique Bella is off the Kentucky Oaks trail with a sore shin, per Steve Anderson.Posted 2 days ago
  • Hence (10-1) rallies to win the Sunland Park Derby going away.Posted 4 days ago
  • Ghalia (2-1) edges a game Kell Paso in the Sunland Park Oaks.Posted 4 days ago
  • Itsinthepost (6-1) drives home the win in the Grade 2 San Luis Rey.Posted 5 days ago
  • Fear the Cowboy (7-2) comes running late to capture the Grade 3 Skip Away.Posted 5 days ago
  • Fast and Accurate (24-1) bursts through to upset the Grade 3 Spiral.Posted 5 days ago
  • Purely a Dream (12-1) pulls ahead in the stretch to take the Grade 3 Bourbonette Oaks.Posted 5 days ago
  • Arrogate, despite a dreadful break, wins the Dubai World Cup easily.Posted 5 days ago
  • Jack Hobbs is much the best in the Sheema Classic.Posted 5 days ago
  • Vivlos flies late to get up for the win in the $6 million Dubai Turf.Posted 5 days ago

Gio Ponti tries extend streak

Gio Ponti rolls in the 2009 Man O' War
Castleton Lyons’ Gio Ponti, the undisputed leader in the U.S. turf male division, will bid for a fifth consecutive Group 1 win on grass in the $600,000 Joe Hirsch Turf Classic Invitational Stakes (G1) on Saturday at Belmont Park. Read More

Older Comments about Gio Ponti tries extend streak...

Gio Ponti is awesome. The only way I see him losing Saturday, is if Presious Passion freaks on the lead and never stops... but it would have to be pretty firm turf for that to happen...
I really can't see this colt losing on grass, even at a 11/2. I'd just love to see what he could do on dirt or sythetics. The only other horse that would remotely have a chance to beat Gio Ponti on grass, in my opinion, might be Battle of Hastings. But even though he too is an excellent turf horse I'd say even his chances would be slim. I don't think either of them have ever been a 11/2, but I like Gio Ponti's chances to win at that distance better than BOH.