• ZATT's Star of the Week, is ... Winx!Posted 4 hours ago
  • Elektrum (5-2) gets up in the final jump to win the Grade 3 Dowager at Keeneland.Posted 7 hours ago
  • Roca Rojo (4-1) storms home to romp in Belmont's Athenia.Posted 7 hours ago
  • Lightstream (2-1) rolls late to pass Malibu Stacy for the Raven Run win.Posted 1 day ago
  • Royal Posse (5-2) likes the off going and upsets Governor Malibu in the Empire Classic.Posted 1 day ago
  • Bar of Gold (4-5) wins the Empire Distaff by a country mile.Posted 1 day ago
  • Pat On The Back (20-1) puts them to sleep in a sloppy Sleepy Hollow.Posted 1 day ago
  • 2001 Kentucky Derby winner, Monarchos has passed away at the age of 18.Posted 1 day ago
  • Winx absolutely dominant in winning a second Cox Plate.Posted 1 day ago
  • Quidura (7-2) scores another graded stakes win at Keeneland for Graham Motion.Posted 2 days ago
Breeders Cup 2015

Gio Ponti tries extend streak

Gio Ponti rolls in the 2009 Man O' War
Castleton Lyons’ Gio Ponti, the undisputed leader in the U.S. turf male division, will bid for a fifth consecutive Group 1 win on grass in the $600,000 Joe Hirsch Turf Classic Invitational Stakes (G1) on Saturday at Belmont Park. Read More

Older Comments about Gio Ponti tries extend streak...

Gio Ponti is awesome. The only way I see him losing Saturday, is if Presious Passion freaks on the lead and never stops... but it would have to be pretty firm turf for that to happen...
I really can't see this colt losing on grass, even at a 11/2. I'd just love to see what he could do on dirt or sythetics. The only other horse that would remotely have a chance to beat Gio Ponti on grass, in my opinion, might be Battle of Hastings. But even though he too is an excellent turf horse I'd say even his chances would be slim. I don't think either of them have ever been a 11/2, but I like Gio Ponti's chances to win at that distance better than BOH.