• Highland Reel wins another big one, this time in the Prince of Wales's at Royal Ascot.Posted 2 days ago
  • Highland Reel (2-1) powers to victory in the Prince of Wales's Stakes (G1) at Royal AscotPosted 2 days ago
  • Lady Aurelia (2-1) easily wins at Royal Ascot again in the King's Stand (G1).Posted 3 days ago
  • Timeline (1-10) cruises in Monmouth's Pegasus Stakes to remain perfect..Posted 5 days ago
  • Sweeping Paddy (7-2) pounces and scores in the Regret Stakes.Posted 6 days ago
  • Gun Runner (1-2) romps home much the best in the Grade 1 Stephen Foster.Posted 6 days ago
  • Forever Unbridled (1-1) way too much for her Fleur de Lis foes.Posted 6 days ago
  • Kasaqui (3-1) rolls down the lane to victory in the Wise Dan.Posted 6 days ago
  • Faypien (7-2) edges Mopotism in the Grade 2 Summertime Oaks.Posted 6 days ago
  • McCraken (1-5) rolls to a facile score in the Matt Winn.Posted 6 days ago
Breeders Cup 2015
Royal Ascot 2017

Gio Ponti tries extend streak

Gio Ponti rolls in the 2009 Man O' War
Castleton Lyons’ Gio Ponti, the undisputed leader in the U.S. turf male division, will bid for a fifth consecutive Group 1 win on grass in the $600,000 Joe Hirsch Turf Classic Invitational Stakes (G1) on Saturday at Belmont Park. Read More

Older Comments about Gio Ponti tries extend streak...

Gio Ponti is awesome. The only way I see him losing Saturday, is if Presious Passion freaks on the lead and never stops... but it would have to be pretty firm turf for that to happen...
I really can't see this colt losing on grass, even at a 11/2. I'd just love to see what he could do on dirt or sythetics. The only other horse that would remotely have a chance to beat Gio Ponti on grass, in my opinion, might be Battle of Hastings. But even though he too is an excellent turf horse I'd say even his chances would be slim. I don't think either of them have ever been a 11/2, but I like Gio Ponti's chances to win at that distance better than BOH.