• Sunbean raises his career record to 12-for-19 lifetime with a Delta Mile victory! Posted 5 hours ago
  • Ocho Ocho Ocho edges Mr. Z in the Delta Downs Jackpot! Posted 6 hours ago
  • Take Charge Brandi scores again, this time in the Delta Downs Princess!Posted 6 hours ago
  • Strike Charmer flew away with the Cardinal! Posted 7 hours ago
  • Yahilwa and Mike Smith get the job done in the Treasure Chest!Posted 7 hours ago
  • Honor Code returns a winner in an Aqueduct allowance! Posted 8 hours ago
  • Ben's Cat vs. Bern Identity in 2014 Fabulous Strike at Penn National.Posted 1 day ago
  • Cigar Mile hopeful Itsmyluckyday drilled a 5f bullet in 1:00.40 at GPW on Nov 20.Posted 1 day ago
  • No Problem a game winner of the Bob Hope! Posted 7 days ago
  • Sparkling Review closes powerfully to win the Mrs Revere! Posted 7 days ago

Gio Ponti tries extend streak

Gio Ponti rolls in the 2009 Man O' War
Castleton Lyons’ Gio Ponti, the undisputed leader in the U.S. turf male division, will bid for a fifth consecutive Group 1 win on grass in the $600,000 Joe Hirsch Turf Classic Invitational Stakes (G1) on Saturday at Belmont Park. Read More

Older Comments about Gio Ponti tries extend streak...

Gio Ponti is awesome. The only way I see him losing Saturday, is if Presious Passion freaks on the lead and never stops... but it would have to be pretty firm turf for that to happen...
I really can't see this colt losing on grass, even at a 11/2. I'd just love to see what he could do on dirt or sythetics. The only other horse that would remotely have a chance to beat Gio Ponti on grass, in my opinion, might be Battle of Hastings. But even though he too is an excellent turf horse I'd say even his chances would be slim. I don't think either of them have ever been a 11/2, but I like Gio Ponti's chances to win at that distance better than BOH.