• ZATT's Star of the Week, is ... Winx!Posted 6 hours ago
  • Elektrum (5-2) gets up in the final jump to win the Grade 3 Dowager at Keeneland.Posted 8 hours ago
  • Roca Rojo (4-1) storms home to romp in Belmont's Athenia.Posted 9 hours ago
  • Lightstream (2-1) rolls late to pass Malibu Stacy for the Raven Run win.Posted 1 day ago
  • Royal Posse (5-2) likes the off going and upsets Governor Malibu in the Empire Classic.Posted 1 day ago
  • Bar of Gold (4-5) wins the Empire Distaff by a country mile.Posted 1 day ago
  • Pat On The Back (20-1) puts them to sleep in a sloppy Sleepy Hollow.Posted 1 day ago
  • 2001 Kentucky Derby winner, Monarchos has passed away at the age of 18.Posted 1 day ago
  • Winx absolutely dominant in winning a second Cox Plate.Posted 1 day ago
  • Quidura (7-2) scores another graded stakes win at Keeneland for Graham Motion.Posted 2 days ago
Breeders Cup 2015

Gio Ponti aims for Classic

Though Gio Ponti fell short of winning his fifth consecutive Grade 1 turf race on Saturday, trainer Christophe Clement said he feels his horse has nothing left to prove on the grass. Thus, Clement and owner Shane Thomas Ryan will give Gio Ponti a new challenge by taking on some of the best horses in the world in the $5 million Breeders' Cup Classic on Nov. 7 over Santa Anita's Pro-Ride surface.

Older Comments about Gio Ponti aims for Classic...

The more I keep going over and over the field for the Classic, trying my best to handicap it, the more it keep's coming up in my head and on paper that Gio Ponti may have the best chance, of the American horses anyway, of any entered. I'm not sure that he can't hold his own on the pro-ride surface with Rip Van Winkle. Gio Ponti does in fact have a victory over the pro-ride. I'll likely use him somewhere on my ticket. It seems that the really good turf horses perform well on the synthetic surface, and there's no doubt in my mind that Gio Ponti is a really good turf horse.