• Capla Temptress (5-1) rolls home in the Natalma, while making her North American debut.Posted 5 days ago
  • Untamed Domain (3-1) kicks it in late to win the Summer Stakes at Woodbine.Posted 5 days ago
  • World Approval (2-1) shows he is much the best in the Grade 1 Woodbine Mile.Posted 6 days ago
  • Patrona Margarita (23-1) draws clear in the Grade 2 Pocahontas.Posted 6 days ago
  • Uni (6-5) runs down La Coronel in the Grade 2 Sands Point.Posted 6 days ago
  • Johnny Bear (9-1) noses out Hawkbill in the Grade 1 Northern Dancer Turf.Posted 6 days ago
  • Chublicious (10-1) upsets the Grade 3 Frank J. De Francis Memorial Dash.Posted 6 days ago
  • The Tabulator (4-1) holds on in the Grade 3 Iroquois despite drifting out.Posted 6 days ago
  • Quidura (2-5) proves best in Grade 2 Canadian.Posted 6 days ago
  • Winx rolls late in the Colgate Optic White Stakes for her 20th straight victory!Posted 7 days ago

Gio Ponti aims for Classic

Though Gio Ponti fell short of winning his fifth consecutive Grade 1 turf race on Saturday, trainer Christophe Clement said he feels his horse has nothing left to prove on the grass. Thus, Clement and owner Shane Thomas Ryan will give Gio Ponti a new challenge by taking on some of the best horses in the world in the $5 million Breeders' Cup Classic on Nov. 7 over Santa Anita's Pro-Ride surface.

Older Comments about Gio Ponti aims for Classic...

The more I keep going over and over the field for the Classic, trying my best to handicap it, the more it keep's coming up in my head and on paper that Gio Ponti may have the best chance, of the American horses anyway, of any entered. I'm not sure that he can't hold his own on the pro-ride surface with Rip Van Winkle. Gio Ponti does in fact have a victory over the pro-ride. I'll likely use him somewhere on my ticket. It seems that the really good turf horses perform well on the synthetic surface, and there's no doubt in my mind that Gio Ponti is a really good turf horse.