• Sunbean raises his career record to 12-for-19 lifetime with a Delta Mile victory! Posted 16 hours ago
  • Ocho Ocho Ocho edges Mr. Z in the Delta Downs Jackpot! Posted 17 hours ago
  • Take Charge Brandi scores again, this time in the Delta Downs Princess!Posted 18 hours ago
  • Strike Charmer flew away with the Cardinal! Posted 18 hours ago
  • Yahilwa and Mike Smith get the job done in the Treasure Chest!Posted 18 hours ago
  • Honor Code returns a winner in an Aqueduct allowance! Posted 20 hours ago
  • Ben's Cat vs. Bern Identity in 2014 Fabulous Strike at Penn National.Posted 1 day ago
  • Cigar Mile hopeful Itsmyluckyday drilled a 5f bullet in 1:00.40 at GPW on Nov 20.Posted 1 day ago
  • No Problem a game winner of the Bob Hope! Posted 7 days ago
  • Sparkling Review closes powerfully to win the Mrs Revere! Posted 7 days ago

Gio Ponti aims for Classic

Though Gio Ponti fell short of winning his fifth consecutive Grade 1 turf race on Saturday, trainer Christophe Clement said he feels his horse has nothing left to prove on the grass. Thus, Clement and owner Shane Thomas Ryan will give Gio Ponti a new challenge by taking on some of the best horses in the world in the $5 million Breeders' Cup Classic on Nov. 7 over Santa Anita's Pro-Ride surface.

Older Comments about Gio Ponti aims for Classic...

The more I keep going over and over the field for the Classic, trying my best to handicap it, the more it keep's coming up in my head and on paper that Gio Ponti may have the best chance, of the American horses anyway, of any entered. I'm not sure that he can't hold his own on the pro-ride surface with Rip Van Winkle. Gio Ponti does in fact have a victory over the pro-ride. I'll likely use him somewhere on my ticket. It seems that the really good turf horses perform well on the synthetic surface, and there's no doubt in my mind that Gio Ponti is a really good turf horse.