• Family Tree game down the lane in winning the Iowa Oaks.Posted 2 hours ago
  • Minding rolls home an easy winner of the Group 1 Pretty Polly Stakes at The Curragh.Posted 4 days ago
  • Melatonin powers home a strong winner of the Gold Cup at Santa Anita.Posted 5 days ago
  • Lord Nelson lunges late to nip Subtle Indian in the Triple Bend.Posted 5 days ago
  • By the Moon proves best in the Grade 3 Bed O' Roses at Belmont Park.Posted 5 days ago
  • Mo Tom finds a trouble free trip, and rolls home an easy Ohio Derby winner.Posted 5 days ago
  • Isabella Sings strolls to victory in Monmouth's Eatontown.Posted 5 days ago
  • Sarah Sis makes all the running as the Chicago Handicap favorite.Posted 5 days ago
  • Harzand holds off Idaho in the Irish Derby to become a dual Derby winnerPosted 5 days ago
  • Far From Over wins his return today at Belmont after more than 16 months away.Posted 6 days ago

Get Stormy Might Skip Manhattan

In spite of a sharp six-furlong turf work in 1:14.05 Sunday morning, trainer Tom Bush said he was leaning against running Sullimar Stable’s dual Grade 1 winner Get Stormy in the Grade 1, $400,000 Woodford Reserve Manhattan at 1 ¼ miles on the Belmont Stakes undercard.

The 5-year-old son of Stormy Atlantic was a front-running winner of the Grade 1, 1 1/8-mile Woodford Reserve Turf Classic on the Kentucky Derby undercard in his most recent start, which came on the heels of a victory in the Grade 1 Maker’s Mark Mile at Keeneland in April. With a career record of 10-2-2 from 22 starts, Get Stormy has never competed beyond 1 1/8 miles and Bush said he didn’t think the horse’s pedigree would stand up in longer routes.

“He went really, really well today, I just don’t think I should run him at a mile and quarter,” Bush said. “I’m leaning against it.  He’s training brilliantly, I just don’t know if I can take a chance. I have to think about it a little more.

Today he worked unbelievable, but I hate this idea where you get high on horses and you start asking them to do things that you’re not supposed to be asking them to do. That’s not a good way to train, just because you’re high on your horses.”