• Nyquist has spiked a fever, delaying his trip to Belmont, via DRF's Dave Grening.Posted 2 days ago
  • Second Summer holds off Hard Aces to win the Grade 2 Californian.Posted 2 days ago
  • Exaggerator turns the tables and is victorious in the Preakness (G1).Posted 3 days ago
  • Takeover Target flies home late to win from last in the Grade 2 Dixie.Posted 3 days ago
  • American Freedom fights back for Sir Barton victory.Posted 3 days ago
  • Mizz Money holds on to take the Gallorette (G3) by a nose.Posted 3 days ago
  • Justin Squared was too fast to catch in the Chick Lang.Posted 3 days ago
  • Lady Shipman does not disappoint with a victory in The Very One.Posted 3 days ago
  • Marengo Road gets ahead to take the James W. Murphy.Posted 3 days ago
  • Awtaad upsets Galileo Gold to win the Irish 2000 Guineas.Posted 4 days ago

Get Stormy Might Skip Manhattan

In spite of a sharp six-furlong turf work in 1:14.05 Sunday morning, trainer Tom Bush said he was leaning against running Sullimar Stable’s dual Grade 1 winner Get Stormy in the Grade 1, $400,000 Woodford Reserve Manhattan at 1 ¼ miles on the Belmont Stakes undercard.

The 5-year-old son of Stormy Atlantic was a front-running winner of the Grade 1, 1 1/8-mile Woodford Reserve Turf Classic on the Kentucky Derby undercard in his most recent start, which came on the heels of a victory in the Grade 1 Maker’s Mark Mile at Keeneland in April. With a career record of 10-2-2 from 22 starts, Get Stormy has never competed beyond 1 1/8 miles and Bush said he didn’t think the horse’s pedigree would stand up in longer routes.

“He went really, really well today, I just don’t think I should run him at a mile and quarter,” Bush said. “I’m leaning against it.  He’s training brilliantly, I just don’t know if I can take a chance. I have to think about it a little more.

Today he worked unbelievable, but I hate this idea where you get high on horses and you start asking them to do things that you’re not supposed to be asking them to do. That’s not a good way to train, just because you’re high on your horses.”