• The longest shot Zakaroff (45-1) rallies to upset the El Camino Real Derby (G3) at Golden Gate Fields.Posted 1 day ago
  • Stonestreet's Terra Promessa (1-2) blitzes the field in the Bayakoa (G3) at Oaklawn Park.Posted 1 day ago
  • Imperial Hint (5-2) takes the General George (G3) at Laurel. Posted 1 day ago
  • High Ridge Road (3-1) runs them down to take the Barbara Fritchie (G2) at Laurel.Posted 1 day ago
  • Curlin's Approval (4-5) dominates in the Royal Delta.Posted 1 day ago
  • Multiple graded stakes winner, Alsvid, has been retired from racing.Posted 4 days ago
  • In her 2017 debut, Winx was sensational again, raising her winning streak to 14.Posted 6 days ago
  • Iliad (2-1) much the best in the San Vicente Stakes.Posted 7 days ago
  • Chanel's Legacy (13-1) pulls off the upset in the Martha Washington Stakes.Posted 8 days ago
  • Bolo (6-1) surges late to win the Arcadia for a second straight year.Posted 8 days ago

Get Stormy Might Skip Manhattan

In spite of a sharp six-furlong turf work in 1:14.05 Sunday morning, trainer Tom Bush said he was leaning against running Sullimar Stable’s dual Grade 1 winner Get Stormy in the Grade 1, $400,000 Woodford Reserve Manhattan at 1 ¼ miles on the Belmont Stakes undercard.

The 5-year-old son of Stormy Atlantic was a front-running winner of the Grade 1, 1 1/8-mile Woodford Reserve Turf Classic on the Kentucky Derby undercard in his most recent start, which came on the heels of a victory in the Grade 1 Maker’s Mark Mile at Keeneland in April. With a career record of 10-2-2 from 22 starts, Get Stormy has never competed beyond 1 1/8 miles and Bush said he didn’t think the horse’s pedigree would stand up in longer routes.

“He went really, really well today, I just don’t think I should run him at a mile and quarter,” Bush said. “I’m leaning against it.  He’s training brilliantly, I just don’t know if I can take a chance. I have to think about it a little more.

Today he worked unbelievable, but I hate this idea where you get high on horses and you start asking them to do things that you’re not supposed to be asking them to do. That’s not a good way to train, just because you’re high on your horses.”