• Lady Shipman breezes home much the best in Belmont's License Fee.Posted 1 day ago
  • Ben's Cat sprints home late to win his 10yo seasonal debut in thrilling fashion.Posted 1 day ago
  • Minding shows her class, easily winning the 1000 Guineas.Posted 1 day ago
  • Uncle Lino digs in to win the inaugural California Chrome Stakes.Posted 2 days ago
  • A Lot holds off favored Green Mask by a whisker to win the Elusive Quality.Posted 2 days ago
  • Galileo Gold, under Frankie Dettori, rolls in the 2000 Guineas.Posted 2 days ago
  • Olorda takes them all the way in the Bewitch Stakes on closing day at Keeneland.Posted 3 days ago
  • Nyquist will get in his final Kentucky Derby workout Friday afternoon at Keeneland.Posted 6 days ago
  • Time and Motion wins the Memories of Silver for Jimmy Toner.Posted 8 days ago
  • Finest City sets new track record in Great Lady M.Posted 9 days ago

Get Stormy Might Skip Manhattan

In spite of a sharp six-furlong turf work in 1:14.05 Sunday morning, trainer Tom Bush said he was leaning against running Sullimar Stable’s dual Grade 1 winner Get Stormy in the Grade 1, $400,000 Woodford Reserve Manhattan at 1 ¼ miles on the Belmont Stakes undercard.

The 5-year-old son of Stormy Atlantic was a front-running winner of the Grade 1, 1 1/8-mile Woodford Reserve Turf Classic on the Kentucky Derby undercard in his most recent start, which came on the heels of a victory in the Grade 1 Maker’s Mark Mile at Keeneland in April. With a career record of 10-2-2 from 22 starts, Get Stormy has never competed beyond 1 1/8 miles and Bush said he didn’t think the horse’s pedigree would stand up in longer routes.

“He went really, really well today, I just don’t think I should run him at a mile and quarter,” Bush said. “I’m leaning against it.  He’s training brilliantly, I just don’t know if I can take a chance. I have to think about it a little more.

Today he worked unbelievable, but I hate this idea where you get high on horses and you start asking them to do things that you’re not supposed to be asking them to do. That’s not a good way to train, just because you’re high on your horses.”