• Olorda takes them all the way in the Bewitch Stakes on closing day at Keeneland.Posted 12 hours ago
  • Nyquist will get in his final Kentucky Derby workout Friday afternoon at Keeneland.Posted 3 days ago
  • Time and Motion wins the Memories of Silver for Jimmy Toner.Posted 5 days ago
  • Finest City sets new track record in Great Lady M.Posted 6 days ago
  • Stanford finds his way back to the winner's circle in the Charles Town Classic.Posted 6 days ago
  • Rose Brier sets new course record in the Henry S. Clark.Posted 6 days ago
  • Da Big Hoss lives up to his name with the Dixiana Elkhorn win.Posted 6 days ago
  • Raging Smoke leads all the way in the Sugar Maple.Posted 6 days ago
  • Highland Sky flies home to Woodhaven victory.Posted 6 days ago
  • Brooklynsway upsets I'm A Chatterbox in the Doubledogdare at 25-1.Posted 7 days ago

Gemologist Back in Pletcher's Barn

Todd Pletcher hopes to still have an impact on the 3-year-old division. Although he said neither Algorithms or El Padrino are likely to return to racing until the fall, he is thinking of the Travers for Grade 1 winner Gemologist.

Gemologist suffered his first career loss in the Kentucky Derby on May 5, and came out of the race with a foot injury that has kept him on the sidelines. He is back in Pletcher’s barn and is likely to get his first breeze back this week.

“He was at [owner] WinStar [Farm] for about 2 ½ weeks, three weeks after the Derby,’ Pletcher said. “He had a foot bruise. I don’t know if he stepped on something or what happened, but two days after the Derby he was pretty lame. He’s back in training; he just hasn’t breezed yet. We’ll look at the Travers and maybe the Jim Dandy or Haskell before it.”

Older Comments about Gemologist Back in Pletcher's Barn...

Nice, bring on union rags, bod, creative cause, dullahan and paynter, now we got a travers
Still reckon Gemologist has got loads of talent and should make an impact in the future, such a shame algorithms wasnt part of the triple crown,might have been the only other horse chasing bodemeister down the stretch
  • AfterHours · I have to agree with you, Algorithms was one of my top picks from the start (partially because I own his uncle) but man he was a monster. I think Gemologist could have run down Bode too, but we will never know. But Gem has been my number one since he broke his maiden and I'm beyond extatic to see him back in the game! Go Gem! · 1419 days ago