• Capla Temptress (5-1) rolls home in the Natalma, while making her North American debut.Posted 1 day ago
  • Untamed Domain (3-1) kicks it in late to win the Summer Stakes at Woodbine.Posted 1 day ago
  • World Approval (2-1) shows he is much the best in the Grade 1 Woodbine Mile.Posted 2 days ago
  • Patrona Margarita (23-1) draws clear in the Grade 2 Pocahontas.Posted 2 days ago
  • Uni (6-5) runs down La Coronel in the Grade 2 Sands Point.Posted 2 days ago
  • Johnny Bear (9-1) noses out Hawkbill in the Grade 1 Northern Dancer Turf.Posted 2 days ago
  • Chublicious (10-1) upsets the Grade 3 Frank J. De Francis Memorial Dash.Posted 2 days ago
  • The Tabulator (4-1) holds on in the Grade 3 Iroquois despite drifting out.Posted 2 days ago
  • Quidura (2-5) proves best in Grade 2 Canadian.Posted 2 days ago
  • Winx rolls late in the Colgate Optic White Stakes for her 20th straight victory!Posted 3 days ago

Gary Stevens makes Successful Return after Hip Replacement

Gary Stevens_3-11-17 SA_615x400
Photo: Zoe Metz

Hall of Fame jockey Gary Stevens made a successful return to the races March 11 after undergoing hip replacement surgery in December. In fact, Stevens made it into the winner's circle aboard Shehastheritestuff in Santa Anita Park's sixth race.

“I found out last week that I was going to ride this filly. Paddy (trainer, Gallagher) was pretty high on her and told me to just settle her as much as I could, keep her relaxed.

“I watched her last three races and she settled very nicely for me today. She has one hellacious kick.

“The first win back after an injury is always the toughest. ‘Let’s go racin’ folks!’”

Source: Santa Anita Park