• Highland Reel wins another big one, this time in the Prince of Wales's at Royal Ascot.Posted 1 day ago
  • Highland Reel (2-1) powers to victory in the Prince of Wales's Stakes (G1) at Royal AscotPosted 1 day ago
  • Lady Aurelia (2-1) easily wins at Royal Ascot again in the King's Stand (G1).Posted 2 days ago
  • Timeline (1-10) cruises in Monmouth's Pegasus Stakes to remain perfect..Posted 3 days ago
  • Sweeping Paddy (7-2) pounces and scores in the Regret Stakes.Posted 4 days ago
  • Gun Runner (1-2) romps home much the best in the Grade 1 Stephen Foster.Posted 4 days ago
  • Forever Unbridled (1-1) way too much for her Fleur de Lis foes.Posted 4 days ago
  • Kasaqui (3-1) rolls down the lane to victory in the Wise Dan.Posted 4 days ago
  • Faypien (7-2) edges Mopotism in the Grade 2 Summertime Oaks.Posted 4 days ago
  • McCraken (1-5) rolls to a facile score in the Matt Winn.Posted 4 days ago
Breeders Cup 2015
Royal Ascot 2017

Gary Stevens makes Successful Return after Hip Replacement

Gary Stevens_3-11-17 SA_615x400
Photo: Zoe Metz

Hall of Fame jockey Gary Stevens made a successful return to the races March 11 after undergoing hip replacement surgery in December. In fact, Stevens made it into the winner's circle aboard Shehastheritestuff in Santa Anita Park's sixth race.

“I found out last week that I was going to ride this filly. Paddy (trainer, Gallagher) was pretty high on her and told me to just settle her as much as I could, keep her relaxed.

“I watched her last three races and she settled very nicely for me today. She has one hellacious kick.

“The first win back after an injury is always the toughest. ‘Let’s go racin’ folks!’”

Source: Santa Anita Park