• There's no catching Moonlight Song in the John Morrissey over Saratoga's slop.Posted 7 hours ago
  • La Verdad wins another, dominating today's Honorable Miss at Saratoga.Posted 1 day ago
  • Solow wins the Qatar Sussex Stakes over a stubborn Arod.Posted 1 day ago
  • Breaking Lucky edges Shaman Ghost in the Prince of Wales.Posted 2 days ago
  • Shore Runner turns it on late to win the Lucky Coin.Posted 3 days ago
  • I'm A Chatterbox DQ'd giving Curalina the win in the Grade 1 CCA Oaks.Posted 4 days ago
  • In defense of her Royal North win of last year, Ageless sets a new course record at Woodbine.Posted 4 days ago
  • Catch A Flight gets up in the final stride to win the San Diego.Posted 5 days ago
  • Hard Not to Like gets up in the final jump to win the Grade 1 Diana.Posted 5 days ago
  • Big Book remains undefeated with a score in the Fleet Treat.Posted 5 days ago

Garrett Gomez on San Felipe winner Pioneerof The Nile

GARRETT GOMEZ, PIONEEROF THE NILE, WINNER:  “He was nice and settled going into the first turn and I was happy with my position, but they slowed it down and I didn’t want to have to take too much hold and go as slow as they were going. When we turned down the backside, I moved him out, hoping that maybe the others would pick it up, but they didn’t, so I just went on with it. When we got to the eighth pole, he went to waiting on the other horses. We didn’t have a target late, but you can see that when I do get into him, he lengthens his stride. He can handle any scenario, but if we had a legitimate pace to sit behind, he’s more effective.”