• The Great War is off the Derby trail following poor finish in the BattagliaPosted 3 days ago
  •  Royal Son scores in the John Battaglia Memorial.Posted 4 days ago
  • Stellar Wind an impressive winner of the Santa Ysabel. Posted 4 days ago
  • Far Right shoots up the rail again to score in the Southwest Stakes. Posted 10 days ago
  • Khozan demolishes a Gulfstream Park allowance field to remain perfect in two starts. Posted 10 days ago
  • No beating North Slope as he returns to dirt a winner in the Evening Attire. Posted 10 days ago
  •  International Star scrapes the paint to win the Risen Star.Posted 11 days ago
  • I'm A Chatterbox speaks loud and clear in the Rachel Alexandra. Posted 11 days ago
  • Itsaknockout wins the Fountain of Youth on the DQ of Upstart. Posted 11 days ago
  •  Chocolate Ride sneaks away in the Fair Grounds Handicap.Posted 11 days ago

Garrett Gomez on San Felipe winner Pioneerof The Nile

GARRETT GOMEZ, PIONEEROF THE NILE, WINNER:  “He was nice and settled going into the first turn and I was happy with my position, but they slowed it down and I didn’t want to have to take too much hold and go as slow as they were going. When we turned down the backside, I moved him out, hoping that maybe the others would pick it up, but they didn’t, so I just went on with it. When we got to the eighth pole, he went to waiting on the other horses. We didn’t have a target late, but you can see that when I do get into him, he lengthens his stride. He can handle any scenario, but if we had a legitimate pace to sit behind, he’s more effective.”