• Minding rolls home an easy winner of the Group 1 Pretty Polly Stakes at The Curragh.Posted 3 days ago
  • Melatonin powers home a strong winner of the Gold Cup at Santa Anita.Posted 4 days ago
  • Lord Nelson lunges late to nip Subtle Indian in the Triple Bend.Posted 4 days ago
  • By the Moon proves best in the Grade 3 Bed O' Roses at Belmont Park.Posted 4 days ago
  • Mo Tom finds a trouble free trip, and rolls home an easy Ohio Derby winner.Posted 4 days ago
  • Isabella Sings strolls to victory in Monmouth's Eatontown.Posted 4 days ago
  • Sarah Sis makes all the running as the Chicago Handicap favorite.Posted 4 days ago
  • Harzand holds off Idaho in the Irish Derby to become a dual Derby winnerPosted 4 days ago
  • Far From Over wins his return today at Belmont after more than 16 months away.Posted 5 days ago
  • Champion Untapable has been retired from racing, according to owner, Ron Winchell.Posted 10 days ago

Game On Dude Prepares for BC Classic

Game On Dude moved a step closer Wednesday to possibly dethroning Wise Dan as Horse of the Year should he win the Breeders’ Cup Classic at Santa Anita on Nov. 2, working four furlongs on the main track in 49.60, breezing.

Martin Garcia was aboard for the drill. Game On Dude’s regular work rider, Garcia replaced the gelding’s regular race rider, Mike Smith, in winning the Pacific Classic on Aug. 25 by 8 ½ lengths.

Asked who would ride Game On Dude in the Breeders’ Cup Classic, Baffert said, “Now that’s a good question.”

Agent Brad Pegram, meanwhile, appears to be sitting pretty. He represents both Garcia and Smith.

“We gave Game On Dude a little time in between his races and so far that’s worked for me,” Baffert said. “I just want to keep him healthy and keep his weight on. I knew he was going to run huge (on Del Mar’s Polytrack), but I didn’t think he was going to do that.

“I knew he could win; he was training great for the race, but the ease with which he won was pretty impressive. He’s doing great. His record speaks for itself. There’s nothing I can really add to it. He’s won six in a row. It’s been a great year.”

Older Comments about Game On Dude Prepares for BC Classic...

Go Dude go! Even though I doubt he will win as I feel he will have too much pace pressure- I Will be cheering him on in the Classic hoping he gets his revenge.