• Texas Chrome (2-1) bravely squeezed through on the rail for an Oklahoma Derby win.Posted 2 days ago
  • Unbridled Mo (4-1) rides the rail to victory in the Remington Park Oaks.Posted 2 days ago
  • Accelerate (1-1) rallies to win the Los Alamitos Derby (G2).Posted 3 days ago
  • Connect (10-1) upsets the Pennsylvania Derby.Posted 3 days ago
  • Songbird (1-5) gets win number 11 in the Cotillion (G1) at Parx Racing.Posted 3 days ago
  • Noholdingback Bear (3-1) wins the Gallant Bob (G3) at Parx Racing.Posted 3 days ago
  • 2015 Turf Champion Big Blue Kitten has been retired from racing, via the Chad Brown barn.Posted 6 days ago
  • No catching Sarah Sis (10-1) in the Presque Isle Downs Masters.Posted 8 days ago
  • Victory to Victory  7-1) pulls clear in the Grade 1 Natalma Stakes.Posted 9 days ago
  • Good Samaritan (3-1) rolls to a Breeders' Cup birth with a Summer Stakes win.Posted 9 days ago

Game On Dude Prepares for BC Classic

Game On Dude moved a step closer Wednesday to possibly dethroning Wise Dan as Horse of the Year should he win the Breeders’ Cup Classic at Santa Anita on Nov. 2, working four furlongs on the main track in 49.60, breezing.

Martin Garcia was aboard for the drill. Game On Dude’s regular work rider, Garcia replaced the gelding’s regular race rider, Mike Smith, in winning the Pacific Classic on Aug. 25 by 8 ½ lengths.

Asked who would ride Game On Dude in the Breeders’ Cup Classic, Baffert said, “Now that’s a good question.”

Agent Brad Pegram, meanwhile, appears to be sitting pretty. He represents both Garcia and Smith.

“We gave Game On Dude a little time in between his races and so far that’s worked for me,” Baffert said. “I just want to keep him healthy and keep his weight on. I knew he was going to run huge (on Del Mar’s Polytrack), but I didn’t think he was going to do that.

“I knew he could win; he was training great for the race, but the ease with which he won was pretty impressive. He’s doing great. His record speaks for itself. There’s nothing I can really add to it. He’s won six in a row. It’s been a great year.”

Older Comments about Game On Dude Prepares for BC Classic...

Go Dude go! Even though I doubt he will win as I feel he will have too much pace pressure- I Will be cheering him on in the Classic hoping he gets his revenge.