• There's no catching Si Sage in the Grade 2 Charles Whittingham Stakes at Santa Anita.Posted 15 hours ago
  • Lexie Lou returns to her winning ways in today's Grade 2 Nassau Stakes.Posted 18 hours ago
  • Enola Gray takes the Melair gate to wire.Posted 1 day ago
  • Surgical Strike charges on the outside to win the Arlington Classic (G3).Posted 1 day ago
  • Diva Express and I'm a Looker make a dead heat run in the Winning Colors (G3).Posted 1 day ago
  • Flipcup game in Arlington Matron (G3) victory.Posted 1 day ago
  • In his first start since the Remsen, Gift Box rolls over a strong allowance field at Belmont.Posted 3 days ago
  • Nyquist has spiked a fever, delaying his trip to Belmont, via DRF's Dave Grening.Posted 7 days ago
  • Second Summer holds off Hard Aces to win the Grade 2 Californian.Posted 7 days ago
  • Exaggerator turns the tables and is victorious in the Preakness (G1).Posted 8 days ago

Game On Dude Has Foot Abscess

Although Bob Baffert’s request for a Dubai World Cup (UAE-I) invitation for his Santa Anita Handicap (gr. I) winner Game On Dude was duly delivered by the Dubai Racing Club, the gelding will be staying in his stall at Santa Anita rather than racing for $10-million on March 26.

Baffert said after Game On Dude galloped on March 14 that he “has got something in his foot … it looks like an abscess ready to pop.”

“I just don’t feel comfortable putting him on a plane,” Baffert added, noting that the American-based horses running in Dubai are flying out for the Middle East on March 15. “If I had an extra week to work with it, it might be OK, but I had to pull the plug on him.

“Everything happens for a reason,” he added philosophically.