• Highland Reel wins another big one, this time in the Prince of Wales's at Royal Ascot.Posted 2 days ago
  • Highland Reel (2-1) powers to victory in the Prince of Wales's Stakes (G1) at Royal AscotPosted 2 days ago
  • Lady Aurelia (2-1) easily wins at Royal Ascot again in the King's Stand (G1).Posted 4 days ago
  • Timeline (1-10) cruises in Monmouth's Pegasus Stakes to remain perfect..Posted 5 days ago
  • Sweeping Paddy (7-2) pounces and scores in the Regret Stakes.Posted 6 days ago
  • Gun Runner (1-2) romps home much the best in the Grade 1 Stephen Foster.Posted 6 days ago
  • Forever Unbridled (1-1) way too much for her Fleur de Lis foes.Posted 6 days ago
  • Kasaqui (3-1) rolls down the lane to victory in the Wise Dan.Posted 6 days ago
  • Faypien (7-2) edges Mopotism in the Grade 2 Summertime Oaks.Posted 6 days ago
  • McCraken (1-5) rolls to a facile score in the Matt Winn.Posted 6 days ago
Breeders Cup 2015
Royal Ascot 2017

Fountain of Youth Quotes

Gulfstream Park
Photo: MEC

FOUNTAIN OF YOUTH

Todd Pletcher (Eskendereya) – “You’ve got to be excited when they perform like that in these kind of races at this time of year. I was particularly pleased with the way he finished. I don’t think we’ve ever gotten to the bottom of him. We threw a lot at him in the Breeders’ Cup (Juvenile) in just his third start and first on synthetic. In the first turn I knew he had no chance. He was jostled badly and sandwiched between horses. At one point I don’t think any of his feet were touching the ground (finished 9th beaten 6 ½ lengths by winner). He’s had two wins over the track here now, so the Florida Derby would seem logical for him, but we will consider all the options.”

John Velazquez (jockey, Eskendereya, 1st) – “I didn’t want to take too good a hold of him out of the gate, and I got to a point early on the backstretch where I started to move forward with him. I was hoping that I didn’t take too much out of him. Obviously I didn’t, because he went on, and did it very well. It was great feeling when he kicked in and accelerated away from them. He galloped out really well, and I hope he can learn to relax just a bit more in the first part of the race. If he does, I don’t think he’ll have any trouble going further.”

Jeremy Rose (jockey, Jackson Bend, 2nd) – “My horse ran his heart out. The two-horse (Buddy’s Saint) never got in our way, he sort of just bounced off the rail but we stayed clear of that.”

Jose Lezcano (jockey, Buddy’s Saint, 9th) - “The other horses came in like nothing (on the first turn). I was already in a spot, and they came in and killed my horse; put him into the rail. He came back a little bit to run, but I was out of the race by then because of what happened.”

Older Comments about Fountain of Youth Quotes...

The question is, does Eskendereya vault ahead of Lucky on your list and everyone else's.
Huge effort by Eskendereya in the FOY. He was #3 on my last Derby Top 10. When my new list comes out next week, the Pletcher runner will almost certainly shoot to the top.