• There's no catching Si Sage in the Grade 2 Charles Whittingham Stakes at Santa Anita.Posted 5 hours ago
  • Lexie Lou returns to her winning ways in today's Grade 2 Nassau Stakes.Posted 8 hours ago
  • Enola Gray takes the Melair gate to wire.Posted 1 day ago
  • Surgical Strike charges on the outside to win the Arlington Classic (G3).Posted 1 day ago
  • Diva Express and I'm a Looker make a dead heat run in the Winning Colors (G3).Posted 1 day ago
  • Flipcup game in Arlington Matron (G3) victory.Posted 1 day ago
  • In his first start since the Remsen, Gift Box rolls over a strong allowance field at Belmont.Posted 3 days ago
  • Nyquist has spiked a fever, delaying his trip to Belmont, via DRF's Dave Grening.Posted 6 days ago
  • Second Summer holds off Hard Aces to win the Grade 2 Californian.Posted 7 days ago
  • Exaggerator turns the tables and is victorious in the Preakness (G1).Posted 8 days ago

Florida Derby Goal for Tulira Castle

Gulfstream Park
Photo: MEC
Veteran trainer Jim DiVito had high hopes for Curtis Green’s Kentucky homebred colt Tulira Castle going into a one-mile allowance test at Gulfstream Park on Dec. 8, and the son of War Pass re-affirmed his confidence when drawing clear to score by 2 ¼ lengths under jockey Javier Castellano. Tulira Castle was making his fourth career start after finishing second in his debut and breaking his maiden in his second start in August at Arlington Park. He finished second again in a Keeneland allowance race in mid-October, all three races run over Polytrack.

"He worked very well since we got here, so I really wasn’t worried whether he would handle dirt,” said DiVito Friday. “He’s run a good race every time. He’s got a great disposition and I’m thinking he’s a stakes horse now. I’m thinking about the Florida Derby. It’s just a matter of how we get there. “I haven’t ruled out running him back around one turn in the Gulfstream Park Derby (Jan. 1), but I would really rather he went two turns, which I think he’ll handle with no trouble. The ($400,000) Holy Bull Stakes (G3) is definitely a possibility,” referring to the 1 1/16 miles test to be run Sat., Jan. 26.