• Olorda takes them all the way in the Bewitch Stakes on closing day at Keeneland.Posted 3 hours ago
  • Nyquist will get in his final Kentucky Derby workout Friday afternoon at Keeneland.Posted 3 days ago
  • Time and Motion wins the Memories of Silver for Jimmy Toner.Posted 5 days ago
  • Finest City sets new track record in Great Lady M.Posted 6 days ago
  • Stanford finds his way back to the winner's circle in the Charles Town Classic.Posted 6 days ago
  • Rose Brier sets new course record in the Henry S. Clark.Posted 6 days ago
  • Da Big Hoss lives up to his name with the Dixiana Elkhorn win.Posted 6 days ago
  • Raging Smoke leads all the way in the Sugar Maple.Posted 6 days ago
  • Highland Sky flies home to Woodhaven victory.Posted 6 days ago
  • Brooklynsway upsets I'm A Chatterbox in the Doubledogdare at 25-1.Posted 7 days ago

Florida Derby Goal for Tulira Castle

Gulfstream Park
Photo: MEC
Veteran trainer Jim DiVito had high hopes for Curtis Green’s Kentucky homebred colt Tulira Castle going into a one-mile allowance test at Gulfstream Park on Dec. 8, and the son of War Pass re-affirmed his confidence when drawing clear to score by 2 ¼ lengths under jockey Javier Castellano. Tulira Castle was making his fourth career start after finishing second in his debut and breaking his maiden in his second start in August at Arlington Park. He finished second again in a Keeneland allowance race in mid-October, all three races run over Polytrack.

"He worked very well since we got here, so I really wasn’t worried whether he would handle dirt,” said DiVito Friday. “He’s run a good race every time. He’s got a great disposition and I’m thinking he’s a stakes horse now. I’m thinking about the Florida Derby. It’s just a matter of how we get there. “I haven’t ruled out running him back around one turn in the Gulfstream Park Derby (Jan. 1), but I would really rather he went two turns, which I think he’ll handle with no trouble. The ($400,000) Holy Bull Stakes (G3) is definitely a possibility,” referring to the 1 1/16 miles test to be run Sat., Jan. 26.