• Long shot Stormy Lucy (65-1) upsets the Matriarch (G1) at Del Mar in the last stride. Posted 13 hours ago
  • Dortmund romps home a winner in the Native Diver.Posted 1 day ago
  • Commissioner much the best in the Hawthorne Gold Cup.Posted 1 day ago
  • Chiropractor edges March for a Hollywood Derby win at 14-1.Posted 1 day ago
  • Airoforce takes to the dirt in a big way, pulling away to win the Kentucky Jockey Club.Posted 1 day ago
  • Carina Mia turns back Stageplay in the Golden Rod.Posted 1 day ago
  • Tonalist with a late rush to just get up in the Cigar Mile!Posted 1 day ago
  • Forever Unbridled outduels Carrumba to the wire in the Comely.Posted 1 day ago
  • Mohaymen an impressive winner of Aqueduct's nine furlong Remsen.Posted 1 day ago
  • Lewis Bay runs to her odds in the Demoiselle.Posted 1 day ago

Five Breeders' Cup longshots to watch

With more than 200 horses to be pre-entered next week for the Breeders' Cup at Churchill Downs, it's not too soon to start studying. I suggest next Friday you pick up the Daily Racing Form Breeders' Cup advance edition to get familiar with the fields.

I've already begun my handicapping, so I thought I'd share five horses I think will sneak under the radar and won't be favored. A lot can change in two weeks, so these are merely horses to think about, not final selections.

Atta Boy Roy will be a huge long shot in the Sprint. His last race, eighth in the grassy Woodford at Keeneland, colored his otherwise fine form. He has a ton of early speed and will be ridden by Calvin Borel, the king of Churchill Downs. He also won the Churchill Downs Handicap on Kentucky Derby day.

I hope trainer Ken McPeek runs Bridgetown in the Turf Sprint. Bridgetown ran an even fifth in the Nearctic last time out but is much better than that. His top race is fast enough to envision an upset at monster odds. If McPeek uses a Churchill jockey such as Borel, Robbie Albarado or Julien Leparoux, he'll be included on all my tickets.