• ZATT's Star of the Week, is ... Winx!Posted 2 days ago
  • Elektrum (5-2) gets up in the final jump to win the Grade 3 Dowager at Keeneland.Posted 3 days ago
  • Roca Rojo (4-1) storms home to romp in Belmont's Athenia.Posted 3 days ago
  • Lightstream (2-1) rolls late to pass Malibu Stacy for the Raven Run win.Posted 3 days ago
  • Royal Posse (5-2) likes the off going and upsets Governor Malibu in the Empire Classic.Posted 4 days ago
  • Bar of Gold (4-5) wins the Empire Distaff by a country mile.Posted 4 days ago
  • Pat On The Back (20-1) puts them to sleep in a sloppy Sleepy Hollow.Posted 4 days ago
  • 2001 Kentucky Derby winner, Monarchos has passed away at the age of 18.Posted 4 days ago
  • Winx absolutely dominant in winning a second Cox Plate.Posted 4 days ago
  • Quidura (7-2) scores another graded stakes win at Keeneland for Graham Motion.Posted 4 days ago
Breeders Cup 2015

Five Breeders' Cup longshots to watch

With more than 200 horses to be pre-entered next week for the Breeders' Cup at Churchill Downs, it's not too soon to start studying. I suggest next Friday you pick up the Daily Racing Form Breeders' Cup advance edition to get familiar with the fields.

I've already begun my handicapping, so I thought I'd share five horses I think will sneak under the radar and won't be favored. A lot can change in two weeks, so these are merely horses to think about, not final selections.

Atta Boy Roy will be a huge long shot in the Sprint. His last race, eighth in the grassy Woodford at Keeneland, colored his otherwise fine form. He has a ton of early speed and will be ridden by Calvin Borel, the king of Churchill Downs. He also won the Churchill Downs Handicap on Kentucky Derby day.

I hope trainer Ken McPeek runs Bridgetown in the Turf Sprint. Bridgetown ran an even fifth in the Nearctic last time out but is much better than that. His top race is fast enough to envision an upset at monster odds. If McPeek uses a Churchill jockey such as Borel, Robbie Albarado or Julien Leparoux, he'll be included on all my tickets.