• Nyquist will get in his final Kentucky Derby workout Friday afternoon at Keeneland.Posted 2 days ago
  • Time and Motion wins the Memories of Silver for Jimmy Toner.Posted 4 days ago
  • Finest City sets new track record in Great Lady M.Posted 5 days ago
  • Stanford finds his way back to the winner's circle in the Charles Town Classic.Posted 5 days ago
  • Rose Brier sets new course record in the Henry S. Clark.Posted 5 days ago
  • Da Big Hoss lives up to his name with the Dixiana Elkhorn win.Posted 5 days ago
  • Raging Smoke leads all the way in the Sugar Maple.Posted 5 days ago
  • Highland Sky flies home to Woodhaven victory.Posted 5 days ago
  • Brooklynsway upsets I'm A Chatterbox in the Doubledogdare at 25-1.Posted 6 days ago
  • Cupid has been removed from consideration from the Kentucky Derby; Mo Tom is now in.Posted 10 days ago

Five Breeders' Cup longshots to watch

With more than 200 horses to be pre-entered next week for the Breeders' Cup at Churchill Downs, it's not too soon to start studying. I suggest next Friday you pick up the Daily Racing Form Breeders' Cup advance edition to get familiar with the fields.

I've already begun my handicapping, so I thought I'd share five horses I think will sneak under the radar and won't be favored. A lot can change in two weeks, so these are merely horses to think about, not final selections.

Atta Boy Roy will be a huge long shot in the Sprint. His last race, eighth in the grassy Woodford at Keeneland, colored his otherwise fine form. He has a ton of early speed and will be ridden by Calvin Borel, the king of Churchill Downs. He also won the Churchill Downs Handicap on Kentucky Derby day.

I hope trainer Ken McPeek runs Bridgetown in the Turf Sprint. Bridgetown ran an even fifth in the Nearctic last time out but is much better than that. His top race is fast enough to envision an upset at monster odds. If McPeek uses a Churchill jockey such as Borel, Robbie Albarado or Julien Leparoux, he'll be included on all my tickets.