• Competitive Edge returns in style at Gulfstream Park, leaving Mr. Jordan in his wake.Posted 9 hours ago
  • Shared Belief will run next in the Charles Town Classic, according to Jim Rome.Posted 1 day ago
  • California Chrome draws the #9 post in the $10 million Dubai World Cup.Posted 2 days ago
  • Firing Line romps home in the Sunland Derby by a pole!Posted 5 days ago
  • Maybellene is put in the Sunland Park Oaks, as Callback is disqualified.Posted 5 days ago
  • El Kabeir works 5F in 59.97 at Belmont Park in preparation for the Wood Memorial on April 4Posted 5 days ago
  • Ashleyluvssugar surprises in the San Luis Rey at Santa AnitaPosted 6 days ago
  • Dubai Sky upsets Turfway Park's Spiral Stakes Posted 6 days ago
  • Don't Leave Me takes the Bourbonette Oaks (G3) at Turfway ParkPosted 6 days ago
  • By The Moon rolls in the Caeser's Wish.Posted 6 days ago

Final Breeders' Cup Race Order Announced

Breeders' Cup 2012 logo.
The Breeders’ Cup announced today the final race order for the Breeders’ Cup World Championships, November 2-3 at Santa Anita Park. While all of the Friday races will remain in the same order when announced earlier this month, there were three changes made to the Saturday program.

The $1 million Breeders’ Cup Dirt Mile (formerly Race #8) will now be run as the sixth race on Saturday. The $2 million Grey Goose Breeders’ Cup Juvenile (formerly Race #10) will now be run as the eighth race and the $1.5 million Xpressbet Breeders’ Cup Sprint (formerly Race #6) will now be run as the 10th race.

“With the Sprint drawing a large and talented field this year, we thought it would be best for our fans to bolster the latter portion of Saturday’s card by placing it in third to last position, preceding the Mile and the Classic,” said Bob Elliston, Breeders’ Cup Chief Operating Officer. “Closing Saturday’s card with the Turf, Sprint, Mile and Classic should reward the sharp handicapper with big value returns.”

The official race order and post times for the November 2-3 programs at Santa Anita are as follows with Breeders’ Cup World Championships races listed in bold:

Friday, November 2

1. Allowance 11:15 am
2. Allowance 11:48 am
3. Allowance 12:23 pm
4. $500,000 Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Sprint 1:06 p.m.
5. $500,000 Breeders’ Cup Marathon (gr. II) 1:48 p.m.
6. $1 million Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf (gr. I) 2:28 p.m.
7. $2 million Grey Goose Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I) 3:08 p.m.
8. $2 million Breeders’ Cup Filly & Mare Turf (gr. I) 3:48 p.m.
9. $2 million Breeders’ Cup Ladies’ Classic (gr. I) 4:30 p.m.
10. Twilight Derby (GII) 5:15 pm

Saturday, November 3

1. Damascus Stakes 10:05 am
2. Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Turf Sprint Preview Stakes 10:35 a.m.
3. Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Filly Sprint Preview Stakes 11:10 a.m.
4. $1 million Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Turf (gr. I) 11:50 a.m.
5. $1 million Breeders’ Cup Filly & Mare Sprint (gr. I) 12:35 p.m.
6. $1 million Breeders’ Cup Dirt Mile (gr. I) 1:14 p.m.
7. $1 million Breeders’ Cup Turf Sprint (gr. I) 1:57 p.m.
8. $2 million Grey Goose Breeders’ Cup Juvenile (gr. I) 2:36 p.m.
9. $3 million Breeders’ Cup Turf (gr. I) 3:18 p.m.
10. $1.5million Xpressbet Breeders’ Cup Sprint (gr. I) 3:58 p.m.
11. $2 million Breeders’ Cup Mile (gr. I) 4:40 p.m.
12. $5 million Breeders’ Cup Classic (gr. I) 5:30 p.m.