• Cupid (2-5) holds off Curlin Rules in the Harry F. Brubaker.Posted 2 hours ago
  • Ulysses (Galileo) powers by Churchill and Barney Roy in the Group 1 Juddmonte International.Posted 12 hours ago
  • Cracksman (Frankel) cruises to a big victory in the Group 2 Great Voltigeur Stakes at York.Posted 13 hours ago
  • Diversify (1-2) rolls home a big winner in the Evan Shipman.Posted 2 days ago
  • Blackjackcat (8-1) holds off Vyjack to win the Del Mar Mile.Posted 3 days ago
  • Dak Attack (2-1) is an impressive winner of the Ellis Park Juvenile.Posted 3 days ago
  • Channel Maker (8-5) wins the photo and survives multiple objections to win the Breeders' Stakes.Posted 3 days ago
  • Kelly's Humor (11-1) rolls late to win Ellis Park Debutante.Posted 3 days ago
  • Dream Dancing (6-1) nips Beau Recall in the Del Mar Oaks.Posted 4 days ago
  • Collected (3-1) holds off Arrogate in the TVG Pacific Classic.Posted 4 days ago
Saratoga and Del Mar 2017

Final Breeders' Cup Race Order Announced

Breeders' Cup 2012 logo.
The Breeders’ Cup announced today the final race order for the Breeders’ Cup World Championships, November 2-3 at Santa Anita Park. While all of the Friday races will remain in the same order when announced earlier this month, there were three changes made to the Saturday program.

The $1 million Breeders’ Cup Dirt Mile (formerly Race #8) will now be run as the sixth race on Saturday. The $2 million Grey Goose Breeders’ Cup Juvenile (formerly Race #10) will now be run as the eighth race and the $1.5 million Xpressbet Breeders’ Cup Sprint (formerly Race #6) will now be run as the 10th race.

“With the Sprint drawing a large and talented field this year, we thought it would be best for our fans to bolster the latter portion of Saturday’s card by placing it in third to last position, preceding the Mile and the Classic,” said Bob Elliston, Breeders’ Cup Chief Operating Officer. “Closing Saturday’s card with the Turf, Sprint, Mile and Classic should reward the sharp handicapper with big value returns.”

The official race order and post times for the November 2-3 programs at Santa Anita are as follows with Breeders’ Cup World Championships races listed in bold:

Friday, November 2

1. Allowance 11:15 am
2. Allowance 11:48 am
3. Allowance 12:23 pm
4. $500,000 Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Sprint 1:06 p.m.
5. $500,000 Breeders’ Cup Marathon (gr. II) 1:48 p.m.
6. $1 million Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf (gr. I) 2:28 p.m.
7. $2 million Grey Goose Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I) 3:08 p.m.
8. $2 million Breeders’ Cup Filly & Mare Turf (gr. I) 3:48 p.m.
9. $2 million Breeders’ Cup Ladies’ Classic (gr. I) 4:30 p.m.
10. Twilight Derby (GII) 5:15 pm

Saturday, November 3

1. Damascus Stakes 10:05 am
2. Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Turf Sprint Preview Stakes 10:35 a.m.
3. Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Filly Sprint Preview Stakes 11:10 a.m.
4. $1 million Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Turf (gr. I) 11:50 a.m.
5. $1 million Breeders’ Cup Filly & Mare Sprint (gr. I) 12:35 p.m.
6. $1 million Breeders’ Cup Dirt Mile (gr. I) 1:14 p.m.
7. $1 million Breeders’ Cup Turf Sprint (gr. I) 1:57 p.m.
8. $2 million Grey Goose Breeders’ Cup Juvenile (gr. I) 2:36 p.m.
9. $3 million Breeders’ Cup Turf (gr. I) 3:18 p.m.
10. $1.5million Xpressbet Breeders’ Cup Sprint (gr. I) 3:58 p.m.
11. $2 million Breeders’ Cup Mile (gr. I) 4:40 p.m.
12. $5 million Breeders’ Cup Classic (gr. I) 5:30 p.m.