• There will be a Pick Six carryover of $167,021 when racing resumes Friday at Los Alamitos.Posted 13 hours ago
  • There will be a Pick Six carryover of $42,460 when racing resumes Thursday at Los Alamitos.Posted 1 day ago
  •  Assateague goes wire to wire in the Dr. James Penny Memorial!Posted 2 days ago
  • Clearly Now breaks the 7f track record at Belmont - 1:19.96.Posted 5 days ago
  • There will be a Pick Six carryover of $28,880 when racing resumes July 4 at Los Al.Posted 6 days ago
  • 1-9 Frac Daddy upset by Sky Captain in the Dominion Day! Posted 9 days ago
  •  Size holds off Ria Antonia in the Iowa Oaks!Posted 12 days ago
  •  Declassify game in the Triple Bend!Posted 12 days ago
  •  Riposte proves best in the New York Handicap!Posted 12 days ago

Fairplex King Pedroza Dethroned

After a run of 13 straight years, Martin Pedroza was dethroned as leading rider at Fairplex Park by Edwin Maldonado, who captured the crown, 26-19, at the 13-day meet that ended Sunday.

Pedroza’s long-time agent, Richie Silverstein took a rational view of end of the reign. “Over the last year and a half Martin’s had a lot of injuries,” Silverstein said, “and a lot of the big stables didn’t race over there this year. I didn’t win a race for any trainer in the top 10 and still finished second. The track was very tiring and there were a lot of longshots."

"We had 26 seconds and I missed two full days of riding. Had I not, it would have been a little better race, but all in all, you can’t finish second that many times and win. I went there to be leading money winner and we were, so I was very happy with that. Of course it was disappointing not be leading rider again but I didn’t have the lower claiming horses to ride because trainers like (Jack) Carava and (Jeff) Mullins weren’t there.”