• Olorda takes them all the way in the Bewitch Stakes on closing day at Keeneland.Posted 5 hours ago
  • Nyquist will get in his final Kentucky Derby workout Friday afternoon at Keeneland.Posted 3 days ago
  • Time and Motion wins the Memories of Silver for Jimmy Toner.Posted 5 days ago
  • Finest City sets new track record in Great Lady M.Posted 6 days ago
  • Stanford finds his way back to the winner's circle in the Charles Town Classic.Posted 6 days ago
  • Rose Brier sets new course record in the Henry S. Clark.Posted 6 days ago
  • Da Big Hoss lives up to his name with the Dixiana Elkhorn win.Posted 6 days ago
  • Raging Smoke leads all the way in the Sugar Maple.Posted 6 days ago
  • Highland Sky flies home to Woodhaven victory.Posted 6 days ago
  • Brooklynsway upsets I'm A Chatterbox in the Doubledogdare at 25-1.Posted 7 days ago

Fairplex King Pedroza Dethroned

After a run of 13 straight years, Martin Pedroza was dethroned as leading rider at Fairplex Park by Edwin Maldonado, who captured the crown, 26-19, at the 13-day meet that ended Sunday.

Pedroza’s long-time agent, Richie Silverstein took a rational view of end of the reign. “Over the last year and a half Martin’s had a lot of injuries,” Silverstein said, “and a lot of the big stables didn’t race over there this year. I didn’t win a race for any trainer in the top 10 and still finished second. The track was very tiring and there were a lot of longshots."

"We had 26 seconds and I missed two full days of riding. Had I not, it would have been a little better race, but all in all, you can’t finish second that many times and win. I went there to be leading money winner and we were, so I was very happy with that. Of course it was disappointing not be leading rider again but I didn’t have the lower claiming horses to ride because trainers like (Jack) Carava and (Jeff) Mullins weren’t there.”