The world of reality TV is no stranger to horse racing, but on January 21 the unflinching eye of the camera turns from the backside antics of the jockeys to the high-stakes action at the windows with Esquire TV's "Horseplayers."
Check out this video preview and get ready to win with Esquire Network's "Horseplayers" on Jan. 21!
The show follows six handicappers as they travel across the country in pursuit of the ultimate prize: the National Handicapping Championship (NHC). Along the way, they experience racing at the country's best tracks - from Saratoga to Churchill Downs to Del Mar - and put their money on some of the best horses, all for a chance to go after the $1 Million purse in Las Vegas!
The show's stars run the gamut of personality and experience:
- Matt Bernier, 23-year-old from Mass. who was the youngest player at the 2013 NHC.
- California's Christian Hellmers, a stats junkie who placed second in the Breeders' Cup Betting Challenge, one of the biggest real-money contests.
- Kevin Cox, known as "The Brooklyn Cowboy", who chases the NHC Tour leader bonus of $2 Million.
- John Conte, a previous NHC winner who has qualified for the big dance 7 times.
- Team Rotondo, which is made up of 63-year-old Peter Rotondo, Sr. and business partner Lee Davis, as well as Rotondo's son, Peter Jr. Adding to the fun is Rotondo Sr.'s 23-year-old wife.
- Reigning NHC Champ Michael Beychok, out to do what no NHC winner has done in the history of the game - repeat as champ!
Follow the action each week on Esquire TV's "Horseplayers" and find out if the guys catch their ultimate Las Vegas dreams!
Horse Racing Nation will have all the action from the tournament floor - stay tuned here for episode recaps, player profiles, winning insights and more!