• Texas Chrome (2-1) bravely squeezed through on the rail for an Oklahoma Derby win.Posted 1 day ago
  • Unbridled Mo (4-1) rides the rail to victory in the Remington Park Oaks.Posted 1 day ago
  • Accelerate (1-1) rallies to win the Los Alamitos Derby (G2).Posted 2 days ago
  • Connect (10-1) upsets the Pennsylvania Derby.Posted 3 days ago
  • Songbird (1-5) gets win number 11 in the Cotillion (G1) at Parx Racing.Posted 3 days ago
  • Noholdingback Bear (3-1) wins the Gallant Bob (G3) at Parx Racing.Posted 3 days ago
  • 2015 Turf Champion Big Blue Kitten has been retired from racing, via the Chad Brown barn.Posted 6 days ago
  • No catching Sarah Sis (10-1) in the Presque Isle Downs Masters.Posted 7 days ago
  • Victory to Victory  7-1) pulls clear in the Grade 1 Natalma Stakes.Posted 9 days ago
  • Good Samaritan (3-1) rolls to a Breeders' Cup birth with a Summer Stakes win.Posted 9 days ago

Eddie Delahoussaye, Gamely, Angel Cordero Jr. - June 29th

Jockey Ray Sibille won his first career race, at Evangeline Downs. ~1969

Jockey Eddie Delahoussaye won his first race, at Evangeline Downs, aboard Brown Shill. ~1968

Gamely, Princessnesian and Desert Law - all owned by William Haggin Perry and trained by Jim Maloney -finished 1, 1A and 1B, respectively, in the Vanity Handicap at Hollywood Park. ~1968

Jockey Angel Cordero Jr. won his 5,000th career race, aboard Another Rodger, in the ninth race at Belmont Park. He was the fourth rider in history, behind John Longden, Bill Shoemaker and Laffit Pincay Jr., to hit that mark. ~1983

Older Comments about Eddie Delahoussaye, Gamely, Angel Cordero Jr. - June 29th...

Nice Michael! I just posted my complete Top 10 yesterday.
Wow Brian, you and me have similar perspectives. Check out my profile and you will see Eddie D. is my favorite.
Eddie D. broke his maiden in 1968, eh? If he is not my all-time favorite jockey, he is in my top 3.