• Far From Over wins his return today at Belmont after more than 16 months away.Posted 18 hours ago
  • Champion Untapable has been retired from racing, according to owner, Ron Winchell.Posted 5 days ago
  • Cheekaboo wins a blanket finish in the Honeymoon at 23-1.Posted 5 days ago
  • Donegal Moon scores after Unified comes up empty in the Pegasus Stakes.Posted 5 days ago
  • Ancient Secret just gets up to win the Wild Applause Stakes at Belmont Park.Posted 5 days ago
  • Bradester (9-1) upsets the Stephen Foster (G1) in gate to wire fashionPosted 6 days ago
  • Pleuven (Fr), with a stalking move, wins the Wise Dan (G2) at 7-1Posted 6 days ago
  • Paid Up Subscriber (6-1) rallies and draws off to win the Fleur de Lis Handicap (G2)Posted 6 days ago
  • Songbird (1-9) stays unbeaten in the Summertime Oaks (G2) at Santa Anita.Posted 6 days ago
  • Gun Runner (1-9) goes gate to wire to easily take the Matt Winn (G3).Posted 6 days ago

Eddie Delahoussaye, Gamely, Angel Cordero Jr. - June 29th

Jockey Ray Sibille won his first career race, at Evangeline Downs. ~1969

Jockey Eddie Delahoussaye won his first race, at Evangeline Downs, aboard Brown Shill. ~1968

Gamely, Princessnesian and Desert Law - all owned by William Haggin Perry and trained by Jim Maloney -finished 1, 1A and 1B, respectively, in the Vanity Handicap at Hollywood Park. ~1968

Jockey Angel Cordero Jr. won his 5,000th career race, aboard Another Rodger, in the ninth race at Belmont Park. He was the fourth rider in history, behind John Longden, Bill Shoemaker and Laffit Pincay Jr., to hit that mark. ~1983

Older Comments about Eddie Delahoussaye, Gamely, Angel Cordero Jr. - June 29th...

Nice Michael! I just posted my complete Top 10 yesterday.
Wow Brian, you and me have similar perspectives. Check out my profile and you will see Eddie D. is my favorite.
Eddie D. broke his maiden in 1968, eh? If he is not my all-time favorite jockey, he is in my top 3.