• Highland Reel wins another big one, this time in the Prince of Wales's at Royal Ascot.Posted 2 days ago
  • Highland Reel (2-1) powers to victory in the Prince of Wales's Stakes (G1) at Royal AscotPosted 2 days ago
  • Lady Aurelia (2-1) easily wins at Royal Ascot again in the King's Stand (G1).Posted 3 days ago
  • Timeline (1-10) cruises in Monmouth's Pegasus Stakes to remain perfect..Posted 5 days ago
  • Sweeping Paddy (7-2) pounces and scores in the Regret Stakes.Posted 6 days ago
  • Gun Runner (1-2) romps home much the best in the Grade 1 Stephen Foster.Posted 6 days ago
  • Forever Unbridled (1-1) way too much for her Fleur de Lis foes.Posted 6 days ago
  • Kasaqui (3-1) rolls down the lane to victory in the Wise Dan.Posted 6 days ago
  • Faypien (7-2) edges Mopotism in the Grade 2 Summertime Oaks.Posted 6 days ago
  • McCraken (1-5) rolls to a facile score in the Matt Winn.Posted 6 days ago
Breeders Cup 2015
Royal Ascot 2017

Eclair De Lune Wins Beverly D

Arlington Park chairman Richard L. Duchossois won the most important race to him when his Éclair de Lune, trained by Hall of Fame conditioner Ron McAnally, overtook pacesetter Romacaca in the stretch to the score a 1 ½-length victory in the Grade I $750,000 Beverly D., which is named for Duchossois’ late wife.

“Winning this race means more to me than winning the Kentucky Derby,” said the 88-year-old Duchossois in accepting the Beverly D. trophy from his children and grandchildren,

Ridden by Arlington Park’s leading jockey Junior Alvarado, Éclair de Lune covered the mile and three-sixteenths over “good” turf in 1:56.56

“This is one race I’ve wanted to win for (Mr. Duchossois),” said McAnally.  “He’s a first class man and I knew he wanted to win this race for his late wife.  He’s one of the greatest guys and very generous to everyone.

“Same type of race she ran the last time,” the trainer said of the trip by the 4-year-old daughter of Marchand de Sable.  “Alvarado rode her last time and he felt he could win with her today.”

“I’m very proud to have been given the chance to ride this filly,” Alvarado said.  “This was a wonderful race for me to win.  When I rode her the last time, I knew I could win this race with her because the pace was so slow last time that I had every confidence today.”

Hot Cha Cha, winner of the Grade III Pucker Up over this course last year, made a three-wide move to get up for second over the fast closing Gypsy’s Warning, who finished third in the nine-horse line-up.  Romacaca, a locally based 11-1 longshot, led for more than three quarters of a mile before fading a bit to finish fourth.

“I had a perfect trip but couldn’t catch them,” Graham said of the runner-up. “Plus, she is in season.”

Éclair de Lune won for first time since being purchased by Duchossois last year. She earned $436,500 to move her bankroll past the half-million dollar mark to $547,843.

Sent off at odds of more than 6-1, Éclair de Lune paid $14.80, $7.40 and $4.80.  Hot Cha Cha returned $5.40 and $3.40.  Gypsy’s Warning paid $5.80.

Romacaca, Treat Gently, Pachattack, Acoma, Ave and Biased completed the order of finish.