• Nyquist will get in his final Kentucky Derby workout Friday afternoon at Keeneland.Posted 3 days ago
  • Time and Motion wins the Memories of Silver for Jimmy Toner.Posted 4 days ago
  • Finest City sets new track record in Great Lady M.Posted 5 days ago
  • Stanford finds his way back to the winner's circle in the Charles Town Classic.Posted 5 days ago
  • Rose Brier sets new course record in the Henry S. Clark.Posted 5 days ago
  • Da Big Hoss lives up to his name with the Dixiana Elkhorn win.Posted 5 days ago
  • Raging Smoke leads all the way in the Sugar Maple.Posted 5 days ago
  • Highland Sky flies home to Woodhaven victory.Posted 5 days ago
  • Brooklynsway upsets I'm A Chatterbox in the Doubledogdare at 25-1.Posted 6 days ago
  • Cupid has been removed from consideration from the Kentucky Derby; Mo Tom is now in.Posted 11 days ago

Easy Whitney Breeze For Endorsement

Saratoga Race Course 2012 logo
Photo: NYRA
Endorsement had his final serious work for Saturday’s Grade 1, $750,000 Whitney Handicap this morning, traveling an easy five furlongs in 1:04.52 after the renovation break on the main track.

“It wasn’t nearly as fast as last week. I didn’t want him to go nearly as fast as last week,” said trainer Eoin Harty of Endorsement, who on July 23 breezed five furlongs in a bullet 58.96. “I’m not sure what the official time was, but he did it very easily and came back very well. I don’t think his fitness is in question.”

The 5-year-old son of Distorted Humor is 2-1-1 from five starts this year, including a victory in the Grade 3 Texas Mile, in which he earned a career-high Beyer Speed Figure of 102. Endorsement also was third behind Alternation in the Grade 3 Pimlico Special, in which he led until the final yards, and seventh in the Grade 2 Suburban Handicap after becoming unruly in the paddock.

Harty said he anticipates the Casner Racing color-bearer to be forwardly placed in Saturday’s 1 1/8-mile race.

“I don’t know what’s in there, but I envision myself being on the lead as long as possible,” he said. “Hopefully, that’s long enough.”