• Arrogate draws post position #9 for Saturday's Dubai World Cup.Posted 1 day ago
  • Vale Dori (6-5) wins a virtual match race over Finest City in the G1 Santa Margarita.Posted 5 days ago
  • Malagacy (3-1) remains unbeaten with an impressive Rebel win.Posted 5 days ago
  • Enola Gray (2-5) much the best down the hill in the Irish O'Brien.Posted 5 days ago
  • Jenda's Agenda (2-5) stays unbeaten with a facile win in the Caeser's Wish.Posted 5 days ago
  • Mor Spirit (1-2) too good in the Essex at Oaklawn Park.Posted 5 days ago
  • Distinta (11-1) gets up on the shadow of the wire in the Inside Information.Posted 5 days ago
  • Twisted Tom (4-1) gets up in the final jump to win the Private Terms.Posted 5 days ago
  • Streamline (12-1) upsets the Azeri; rough trip for favorite Terra Promessa.Posted 5 days ago
  • Clothes Fall Off (6-5) undresses the competition in the Correction.Posted 5 days ago
Breeders Cup 2015
Dubai World Cup 2017

Drosselmeyer Flying Under the Radar

Despite losing by less than two lengths in his first stakes try, Drosselmeyer seems to have fallen off the Kentucky Derby (gr. I) radar of many. Winstar Farm's racing manager Elliott Walden thinks it could be a mistake.

“We like him as much as our other ones,” said Walden, referring to WinStar’s other top 3-year-olds, Rule and Super Saver. “I know Billy (Hall of Fame trainer Bill Mott) still really likes him. I think he is flying under the radar a bit.”

Older Comments about Drosselmeyer Flying Under the Radar...

Elliott told TVG on Saturday that Drosselmeyer was going to the La Derby.
WinStar racing manager Elliott Walden said Drosselmeyer would go in the Louisiana Derby if Rule opted for the Florida Derby. That looks like the scenario with Eskendereya skipping the Florida Derby in favor of the Wood.
He isn't under my radar. I've had my eye on him for months and don't think that last race told us much. Where are they pointing him, Louisiana?
I am looking for Drosselmeyer to go much better next time. He will have to, because he needs graded earnings and time is running out.