• Lady Shipman breezes home much the best in Belmont's License Fee.Posted 4 days ago
  • Ben's Cat sprints home late to win his 10yo seasonal debut in thrilling fashion.Posted 4 days ago
  • Minding shows her class, easily winning the 1000 Guineas.Posted 4 days ago
  • Uncle Lino digs in to win the inaugural California Chrome Stakes.Posted 5 days ago
  • A Lot holds off favored Green Mask by a whisker to win the Elusive Quality.Posted 5 days ago
  • Galileo Gold, under Frankie Dettori, rolls in the 2000 Guineas.Posted 5 days ago
  • Olorda takes them all the way in the Bewitch Stakes on closing day at Keeneland.Posted 6 days ago
  • Nyquist will get in his final Kentucky Derby workout Friday afternoon at Keeneland.Posted 9 days ago
  • Time and Motion wins the Memories of Silver for Jimmy Toner.Posted 11 days ago
  • Finest City sets new track record in Great Lady M.Posted 12 days ago

Drosselmeyer Flying Under the Radar

Despite losing by less than two lengths in his first stakes try, Drosselmeyer seems to have fallen off the Kentucky Derby (gr. I) radar of many. Winstar Farm's racing manager Elliott Walden thinks it could be a mistake.

“We like him as much as our other ones,” said Walden, referring to WinStar’s other top 3-year-olds, Rule and Super Saver. “I know Billy (Hall of Fame trainer Bill Mott) still really likes him. I think he is flying under the radar a bit.”

Older Comments about Drosselmeyer Flying Under the Radar...

Elliott told TVG on Saturday that Drosselmeyer was going to the La Derby.
WinStar racing manager Elliott Walden said Drosselmeyer would go in the Louisiana Derby if Rule opted for the Florida Derby. That looks like the scenario with Eskendereya skipping the Florida Derby in favor of the Wood.
He isn't under my radar. I've had my eye on him for months and don't think that last race told us much. Where are they pointing him, Louisiana?
I am looking for Drosselmeyer to go much better next time. He will have to, because he needs graded earnings and time is running out.