• ZATT's Star of the Week, is ... Winx!Posted 4 days ago
  • Elektrum (5-2) gets up in the final jump to win the Grade 3 Dowager at Keeneland.Posted 4 days ago
  • Roca Rojo (4-1) storms home to romp in Belmont's Athenia.Posted 4 days ago
  • Lightstream (2-1) rolls late to pass Malibu Stacy for the Raven Run win.Posted 5 days ago
  • Royal Posse (5-2) likes the off going and upsets Governor Malibu in the Empire Classic.Posted 5 days ago
  • Bar of Gold (4-5) wins the Empire Distaff by a country mile.Posted 5 days ago
  • Pat On The Back (20-1) puts them to sleep in a sloppy Sleepy Hollow.Posted 5 days ago
  • 2001 Kentucky Derby winner, Monarchos has passed away at the age of 18.Posted 5 days ago
  • Winx absolutely dominant in winning a second Cox Plate.Posted 5 days ago
  • Quidura (7-2) scores another graded stakes win at Keeneland for Graham Motion.Posted 6 days ago
Breeders Cup 2015

Dominguez Not Ready to Resume Riding

Jockey Ramon Dominguez
Following an appointment with his neurosurgeon on March 25, jockey Ramon Dominguez said he will continue physical and cognitive therapy for a fractured skull sustained in a spill at Aqueduct Racetrack on January 18.

“I had an MRI and saw my doctor this morning,” said the three-time reigning Eclipse Award winner for Outstanding Jockey. “While he is very pleased with the progress I have made, I am not completely healed and need to continue my therapy. I feel very good physically and mentally, but my injury was serious and I need to take more time to allow myself to fully recover.”

Dominguez said he would continue to follow-up with his doctors, and that there is no timetable for his return to riding.

“I miss riding and I’m excited to come back when my doctors release me,” Dominguez said. “It’s hard because I feel so good, but I know I need to be patient and focus on my recovery.”