• Nyquist will get in his final Kentucky Derby workout Friday afternoon at Keeneland.Posted 2 days ago
  • Time and Motion wins the Memories of Silver for Jimmy Toner.Posted 4 days ago
  • Finest City sets new track record in Great Lady M.Posted 5 days ago
  • Stanford finds his way back to the winner's circle in the Charles Town Classic.Posted 5 days ago
  • Rose Brier sets new course record in the Henry S. Clark.Posted 5 days ago
  • Da Big Hoss lives up to his name with the Dixiana Elkhorn win.Posted 5 days ago
  • Raging Smoke leads all the way in the Sugar Maple.Posted 5 days ago
  • Highland Sky flies home to Woodhaven victory.Posted 5 days ago
  • Brooklynsway upsets I'm A Chatterbox in the Doubledogdare at 25-1.Posted 6 days ago
  • Cupid has been removed from consideration from the Kentucky Derby; Mo Tom is now in.Posted 10 days ago

Dominguez Not Ready to Resume Riding

Jockey Ramon Dominguez
Following an appointment with his neurosurgeon on March 25, jockey Ramon Dominguez said he will continue physical and cognitive therapy for a fractured skull sustained in a spill at Aqueduct Racetrack on January 18.

“I had an MRI and saw my doctor this morning,” said the three-time reigning Eclipse Award winner for Outstanding Jockey. “While he is very pleased with the progress I have made, I am not completely healed and need to continue my therapy. I feel very good physically and mentally, but my injury was serious and I need to take more time to allow myself to fully recover.”

Dominguez said he would continue to follow-up with his doctors, and that there is no timetable for his return to riding.

“I miss riding and I’m excited to come back when my doctors release me,” Dominguez said. “It’s hard because I feel so good, but I know I need to be patient and focus on my recovery.”