• Lady Shipman breezes home much the best in Belmont's License Fee.Posted 1 day ago
  • Ben's Cat sprints home late to win his 10yo seasonal debut in thrilling fashion.Posted 1 day ago
  • Minding shows her class, easily winning the 1000 Guineas.Posted 2 days ago
  • Uncle Lino digs in to win the inaugural California Chrome Stakes.Posted 2 days ago
  • A Lot holds off favored Green Mask by a whisker to win the Elusive Quality.Posted 2 days ago
  • Galileo Gold, under Frankie Dettori, rolls in the 2000 Guineas.Posted 3 days ago
  • Olorda takes them all the way in the Bewitch Stakes on closing day at Keeneland.Posted 3 days ago
  • Nyquist will get in his final Kentucky Derby workout Friday afternoon at Keeneland.Posted 7 days ago
  • Time and Motion wins the Memories of Silver for Jimmy Toner.Posted 8 days ago
  • Finest City sets new track record in Great Lady M.Posted 9 days ago

Derby Day Montage

Just for fun this Derby morning, I have put together a Derby field montage. And although this year I have some tough names to work with, it presents Twice the Appeal (3). So sit back, relax and Watch Me Go (20)…

Everyone knows that it takes Brilliant Speed (2) to claim victory under the Twinspired (10) grandstand on the first Saturday in May. The Roman descendants of Nehro (19) have been pursuing the Derby dream for two millennia, and even Soldat (17) Santiva (12) island in a Decisive Moment (5) to finance their lavish equine spending.

Meanwhile, my crazy Uncle Mo (18) – yes, the one with the stupid tagline “I don’t usually drink beer, but when I do, I prefer Dos Equis. Stay Thirsty (4) my friends” – thinks that his Mucho Macho Man (13) status may lead to a Midnight Interlude (15) with his lady friend if he correctly picks the Derby winner.

And here they come around the far turn, as Shackleford (14) appears to be lulled into a Comma to the Top (6) of the stretch, as Dialed In (8) rushes past him as if his Pants On Fire (7). Wow -- what a finish, Dialed In wins Derby 137!

After the race all the horses, the Derby Kitten (9) and the Master of Hounds (11) were ushered back to their Animal Kingdom (16) through the Archarcharch (1) to live happily ever after.

THE END.

Older Comments about Derby Day Montage...

Well done!
Fun stuff, Eric!
Very Nice ... gave me a great chuckle!