• In his first start since the Remsen, Gift Box rolls over a strong allowance field at Belmont.Posted 23 hours ago
  • Nyquist has spiked a fever, delaying his trip to Belmont, via DRF's Dave Grening.Posted 4 days ago
  • Second Summer holds off Hard Aces to win the Grade 2 Californian.Posted 4 days ago
  • Exaggerator turns the tables and is victorious in the Preakness (G1).Posted 5 days ago
  • Takeover Target flies home late to win from last in the Grade 2 Dixie.Posted 5 days ago
  • American Freedom fights back for Sir Barton victory.Posted 6 days ago
  • Mizz Money holds on to take the Gallorette (G3) by a nose.Posted 6 days ago
  • Justin Squared was too fast to catch in the Chick Lang.Posted 6 days ago
  • Lady Shipman does not disappoint with a victory in The Very One.Posted 6 days ago
  • Marengo Road gets ahead to take the James W. Murphy.Posted 6 days ago

Derby Day Montage

Just for fun this Derby morning, I have put together a Derby field montage. And although this year I have some tough names to work with, it presents Twice the Appeal (3). So sit back, relax and Watch Me Go (20)…

Everyone knows that it takes Brilliant Speed (2) to claim victory under the Twinspired (10) grandstand on the first Saturday in May. The Roman descendants of Nehro (19) have been pursuing the Derby dream for two millennia, and even Soldat (17) Santiva (12) island in a Decisive Moment (5) to finance their lavish equine spending.

Meanwhile, my crazy Uncle Mo (18) – yes, the one with the stupid tagline “I don’t usually drink beer, but when I do, I prefer Dos Equis. Stay Thirsty (4) my friends” – thinks that his Mucho Macho Man (13) status may lead to a Midnight Interlude (15) with his lady friend if he correctly picks the Derby winner.

And here they come around the far turn, as Shackleford (14) appears to be lulled into a Comma to the Top (6) of the stretch, as Dialed In (8) rushes past him as if his Pants On Fire (7). Wow -- what a finish, Dialed In wins Derby 137!

After the race all the horses, the Derby Kitten (9) and the Master of Hounds (11) were ushered back to their Animal Kingdom (16) through the Archarcharch (1) to live happily ever after.

THE END.

Older Comments about Derby Day Montage...

Well done!
Fun stuff, Eric!
Very Nice ... gave me a great chuckle!