• Family Tree game down the lane in winning the Iowa Oaks.Posted 4 minutes ago
  • Minding rolls home an easy winner of the Group 1 Pretty Polly Stakes at The Curragh.Posted 4 days ago
  • Melatonin powers home a strong winner of the Gold Cup at Santa Anita.Posted 5 days ago
  • Lord Nelson lunges late to nip Subtle Indian in the Triple Bend.Posted 5 days ago
  • By the Moon proves best in the Grade 3 Bed O' Roses at Belmont Park.Posted 5 days ago
  • Mo Tom finds a trouble free trip, and rolls home an easy Ohio Derby winner.Posted 5 days ago
  • Isabella Sings strolls to victory in Monmouth's Eatontown.Posted 5 days ago
  • Sarah Sis makes all the running as the Chicago Handicap favorite.Posted 5 days ago
  • Harzand holds off Idaho in the Irish Derby to become a dual Derby winnerPosted 5 days ago
  • Far From Over wins his return today at Belmont after more than 16 months away.Posted 6 days ago

Derby Day Montage

Just for fun this Derby morning, I have put together a Derby field montage. And although this year I have some tough names to work with, it presents Twice the Appeal (3). So sit back, relax and Watch Me Go (20)…

Everyone knows that it takes Brilliant Speed (2) to claim victory under the Twinspired (10) grandstand on the first Saturday in May. The Roman descendants of Nehro (19) have been pursuing the Derby dream for two millennia, and even Soldat (17) Santiva (12) island in a Decisive Moment (5) to finance their lavish equine spending.

Meanwhile, my crazy Uncle Mo (18) – yes, the one with the stupid tagline “I don’t usually drink beer, but when I do, I prefer Dos Equis. Stay Thirsty (4) my friends” – thinks that his Mucho Macho Man (13) status may lead to a Midnight Interlude (15) with his lady friend if he correctly picks the Derby winner.

And here they come around the far turn, as Shackleford (14) appears to be lulled into a Comma to the Top (6) of the stretch, as Dialed In (8) rushes past him as if his Pants On Fire (7). Wow -- what a finish, Dialed In wins Derby 137!

After the race all the horses, the Derby Kitten (9) and the Master of Hounds (11) were ushered back to their Animal Kingdom (16) through the Archarcharch (1) to live happily ever after.

THE END.

Older Comments about Derby Day Montage...

Well done!
Fun stuff, Eric!
Very Nice ... gave me a great chuckle!