• 2-time Arc winner Treve is an impressive winner in her seasonal debut today at Saint-Cloud.Posted 18 hours ago
  • Majestic City fights off Carve to win the Lone Star Handicap.Posted 4 days ago
  • Hard Not To Like skims the rail to score in the Grade 1 Gamely.Posted 4 days ago
  • Street Story proves best in a sloppy edition of the Winning Colors.Posted 4 days ago
  • Lubash blows by his competition late to win the Kingston.Posted 4 days ago
  • Distinctiv Passion just holds off favored San Onofre in the Los Angeles.Posted 4 days ago
  • Quezon rolls up late to score in the Bouwerie.Posted 4 days ago
  • Ostrolenka sharp in victory in Belmont's Mike Lee.Posted 4 days ago
  • Ashleyluvssugar gets the job done as the Charles Whittingham favorite.Posted 5 days ago
  • Pleascach holds off Found in the Irish 1,000 Guineas.Posted 5 days ago

Derby Day Montage

Just for fun this Derby morning, I have put together a Derby field montage. And although this year I have some tough names to work with, it presents Twice the Appeal (3). So sit back, relax and Watch Me Go (20)…

Everyone knows that it takes Brilliant Speed (2) to claim victory under the Twinspired (10) grandstand on the first Saturday in May. The Roman descendants of Nehro (19) have been pursuing the Derby dream for two millennia, and even Soldat (17) Santiva (12) island in a Decisive Moment (5) to finance their lavish equine spending.

Meanwhile, my crazy Uncle Mo (18) – yes, the one with the stupid tagline “I don’t usually drink beer, but when I do, I prefer Dos Equis. Stay Thirsty (4) my friends” – thinks that his Mucho Macho Man (13) status may lead to a Midnight Interlude (15) with his lady friend if he correctly picks the Derby winner.

And here they come around the far turn, as Shackleford (14) appears to be lulled into a Comma to the Top (6) of the stretch, as Dialed In (8) rushes past him as if his Pants On Fire (7). Wow -- what a finish, Dialed In wins Derby 137!

After the race all the horses, the Derby Kitten (9) and the Master of Hounds (11) were ushered back to their Animal Kingdom (16) through the Archarcharch (1) to live happily ever after.

THE END.

Older Comments about Derby Day Montage...

Well done!
Fun stuff, Eric!
Very Nice ... gave me a great chuckle!