I think at the end of the day the Kentucky Derby goes
- Friesan Fire gets more banged-up than the Ricky Hatton on Saturday night.
stumbles bad twice out of the gate and gives-up.
- The front-runners move along at a fairly solid clip, but aren't good enough
to sustain their speed to the wire.
- There were no quality closers left in the race to pick up their pieces.
- Meanwhile, Borel removes himself from the race, is lucky to have a horse that
loves the slop and distance, and just picks up every dead piece of horse flesh
from the 3/8's to the wire.
- The likely winning exacta, and possibly trifecta, are watching the NBC
telecast from their stalls... Quality Road, Rachel Alexandra and I Want Revenge.