• Nyquist has spiked a fever, delaying his trip to Belmont, via DRF's Dave Grening.Posted 15 hours ago
  • Second Summer holds off Hard Aces to win the Grade 2 Californian.Posted 1 day ago
  • Exaggerator turns the tables and is victorious in the Preakness (G1).Posted 2 days ago
  • Takeover Target flies home late to win from last in the Grade 2 Dixie.Posted 2 days ago
  • American Freedom fights back for Sir Barton victory.Posted 2 days ago
  • Mizz Money holds on to take the Gallorette (G3) by a nose.Posted 2 days ago
  • Justin Squared was too fast to catch in the Chick Lang.Posted 2 days ago
  • Lady Shipman does not disappoint with a victory in The Very One.Posted 2 days ago
  • Marengo Road gets ahead to take the James W. Murphy.Posted 2 days ago
  • Awtaad upsets Galileo Gold to win the Irish 2000 Guineas.Posted 2 days ago

Departing to End 3YO Year in OK Derby

Trainer Al Stall Jr. said the $400,000 Oklahoma Derby (gr. III) at Remington Park Sept. 29 will be the last start of the season for Departing, winner of the Sept. 7 Super Derby (gr. II) last time out.

The 3-year-old War Front gelding will be making his eighth outing of 2013 in the 1 1/8-mile test, and looks to add the Oklahoma Derby to a list of five conquests including the West Virginia Derby (gr. II), Illinois Derby (gr. III), and Texas Heritage Stakes.

"This will be his last start of the year," Stall said Sept. 24. "He's a gelding, and if he's good enough to be considered for the Breeders' Cup as a 3-year-old, he's good enough to be in it as a 4-year-old."

Older Comments about Departing to End 3YO Year in OK Derby...

Had 2 in the super also--will send photo.
Yes, icy and I wish I'd played my other selections to show, too.
nice picks Mary, did you have Broadway Empire across? I've never seen show payoffs that large
The 4 came up in the PPs of some Fairplex runner I was looking at for the torturous bh contest, which helped pass the time during the lull between Del Mar and Santa Anita, so I added Broadway Empire to my virtual stable. And here he is, blazing fast creature sent up North. So, just in case Departing can be beaten here, I'll say 4,7, 6,1. 1 is Texas Bling.