• Family Tree game down the lane in winning the Iowa Oaks.Posted 2 hours ago
  • Minding rolls home an easy winner of the Group 1 Pretty Polly Stakes at The Curragh.Posted 4 days ago
  • Melatonin powers home a strong winner of the Gold Cup at Santa Anita.Posted 5 days ago
  • Lord Nelson lunges late to nip Subtle Indian in the Triple Bend.Posted 5 days ago
  • By the Moon proves best in the Grade 3 Bed O' Roses at Belmont Park.Posted 5 days ago
  • Mo Tom finds a trouble free trip, and rolls home an easy Ohio Derby winner.Posted 5 days ago
  • Isabella Sings strolls to victory in Monmouth's Eatontown.Posted 5 days ago
  • Sarah Sis makes all the running as the Chicago Handicap favorite.Posted 5 days ago
  • Harzand holds off Idaho in the Irish Derby to become a dual Derby winnerPosted 5 days ago
  • Far From Over wins his return today at Belmont after more than 16 months away.Posted 6 days ago

Departing to End 3YO Year in OK Derby

Trainer Al Stall Jr. said the $400,000 Oklahoma Derby (gr. III) at Remington Park Sept. 29 will be the last start of the season for Departing, winner of the Sept. 7 Super Derby (gr. II) last time out.

The 3-year-old War Front gelding will be making his eighth outing of 2013 in the 1 1/8-mile test, and looks to add the Oklahoma Derby to a list of five conquests including the West Virginia Derby (gr. II), Illinois Derby (gr. III), and Texas Heritage Stakes.

"This will be his last start of the year," Stall said Sept. 24. "He's a gelding, and if he's good enough to be considered for the Breeders' Cup as a 3-year-old, he's good enough to be in it as a 4-year-old."

Older Comments about Departing to End 3YO Year in OK Derby...

Had 2 in the super also--will send photo.
Yes, icy and I wish I'd played my other selections to show, too.
nice picks Mary, did you have Broadway Empire across? I've never seen show payoffs that large
The 4 came up in the PPs of some Fairplex runner I was looking at for the torturous bh contest, which helped pass the time during the lull between Del Mar and Santa Anita, so I added Broadway Empire to my virtual stable. And here he is, blazing fast creature sent up North. So, just in case Departing can be beaten here, I'll say 4,7, 6,1. 1 is Texas Bling.