• The longest shot Zakaroff (45-1) rallies to upset the El Camino Real Derby (G3) at Golden Gate Fields.Posted 17 hours ago
  • Stonestreet's Terra Promessa (1-2) blitzes the field in the Bayakoa (G3) at Oaklawn Park.Posted 18 hours ago
  • Imperial Hint (5-2) takes the General George (G3) at Laurel. Posted 19 hours ago
  • High Ridge Road (3-1) runs them down to take the Barbara Fritchie (G2) at Laurel.Posted 20 hours ago
  • Curlin's Approval (4-5) dominates in the Royal Delta.Posted 21 hours ago
  • Multiple graded stakes winner, Alsvid, has been retired from racing.Posted 4 days ago
  • In her 2017 debut, Winx was sensational again, raising her winning streak to 14.Posted 6 days ago
  • Iliad (2-1) much the best in the San Vicente Stakes.Posted 6 days ago
  • Chanel's Legacy (13-1) pulls off the upset in the Martha Washington Stakes.Posted 7 days ago
  • Bolo (6-1) surges late to win the Arcadia for a second straight year.Posted 7 days ago

Departing to End 3YO Year in OK Derby

Trainer Al Stall Jr. said the $400,000 Oklahoma Derby (gr. III) at Remington Park Sept. 29 will be the last start of the season for Departing, winner of the Sept. 7 Super Derby (gr. II) last time out.

The 3-year-old War Front gelding will be making his eighth outing of 2013 in the 1 1/8-mile test, and looks to add the Oklahoma Derby to a list of five conquests including the West Virginia Derby (gr. II), Illinois Derby (gr. III), and Texas Heritage Stakes.

"This will be his last start of the year," Stall said Sept. 24. "He's a gelding, and if he's good enough to be considered for the Breeders' Cup as a 3-year-old, he's good enough to be in it as a 4-year-old."

Older Comments about Departing to End 3YO Year in OK Derby...

Had 2 in the super also--will send photo.
Yes, icy and I wish I'd played my other selections to show, too.
nice picks Mary, did you have Broadway Empire across? I've never seen show payoffs that large
The 4 came up in the PPs of some Fairplex runner I was looking at for the torturous bh contest, which helped pass the time during the lull between Del Mar and Santa Anita, so I added Broadway Empire to my virtual stable. And here he is, blazing fast creature sent up North. So, just in case Departing can be beaten here, I'll say 4,7, 6,1. 1 is Texas Bling.