• Texas Chrome (2-1) bravely squeezed through on the rail for an Oklahoma Derby win.Posted 4 days ago
  • Unbridled Mo (4-1) rides the rail to victory in the Remington Park Oaks.Posted 4 days ago
  • Accelerate (1-1) rallies to win the Los Alamitos Derby (G2).Posted 5 days ago
  • Connect (10-1) upsets the Pennsylvania Derby.Posted 5 days ago
  • Songbird (1-5) gets win number 11 in the Cotillion (G1) at Parx Racing.Posted 5 days ago
  • Noholdingback Bear (3-1) wins the Gallant Bob (G3) at Parx Racing.Posted 5 days ago
  • 2015 Turf Champion Big Blue Kitten has been retired from racing, via the Chad Brown barn.Posted 9 days ago
  • No catching Sarah Sis (10-1) in the Presque Isle Downs Masters.Posted 10 days ago
  • Victory to Victory  7-1) pulls clear in the Grade 1 Natalma Stakes.Posted 11 days ago
  • Good Samaritan (3-1) rolls to a Breeders' Cup birth with a Summer Stakes win.Posted 11 days ago

Departing to End 3YO Year in OK Derby

Trainer Al Stall Jr. said the $400,000 Oklahoma Derby (gr. III) at Remington Park Sept. 29 will be the last start of the season for Departing, winner of the Sept. 7 Super Derby (gr. II) last time out.

The 3-year-old War Front gelding will be making his eighth outing of 2013 in the 1 1/8-mile test, and looks to add the Oklahoma Derby to a list of five conquests including the West Virginia Derby (gr. II), Illinois Derby (gr. III), and Texas Heritage Stakes.

"This will be his last start of the year," Stall said Sept. 24. "He's a gelding, and if he's good enough to be considered for the Breeders' Cup as a 3-year-old, he's good enough to be in it as a 4-year-old."

Older Comments about Departing to End 3YO Year in OK Derby...

Had 2 in the super also--will send photo.
Yes, icy and I wish I'd played my other selections to show, too.
nice picks Mary, did you have Broadway Empire across? I've never seen show payoffs that large
The 4 came up in the PPs of some Fairplex runner I was looking at for the torturous bh contest, which helped pass the time during the lull between Del Mar and Santa Anita, so I added Broadway Empire to my virtual stable. And here he is, blazing fast creature sent up North. So, just in case Departing can be beaten here, I'll say 4,7, 6,1. 1 is Texas Bling.