• There's no catching Si Sage in the Grade 2 Charles Whittingham Stakes at Santa Anita.Posted 16 hours ago
  • Lexie Lou returns to her winning ways in today's Grade 2 Nassau Stakes.Posted 19 hours ago
  • Enola Gray takes the Melair gate to wire.Posted 1 day ago
  • Surgical Strike charges on the outside to win the Arlington Classic (G3).Posted 1 day ago
  • Diva Express and I'm a Looker make a dead heat run in the Winning Colors (G3).Posted 1 day ago
  • Flipcup game in Arlington Matron (G3) victory.Posted 1 day ago
  • In his first start since the Remsen, Gift Box rolls over a strong allowance field at Belmont.Posted 3 days ago
  • Nyquist has spiked a fever, delaying his trip to Belmont, via DRF's Dave Grening.Posted 7 days ago
  • Second Summer holds off Hard Aces to win the Grade 2 Californian.Posted 7 days ago
  • Exaggerator turns the tables and is victorious in the Preakness (G1).Posted 8 days ago

Dealbata Finds Spot in De La Rose

Saratoga Race Course 2012 logo
Photo: NYRA

Chad Brown’s 4-year-old filly Dealbata will make her second U.S. start in the De La Rose on Saturday. After making her first five starts in France (3-1-0), she won her first stateside race at Belmont in June in the Mohegan Sky Stakes. While confident of his filly’s chances, Brown’s not thrilled with the post position she drew. Dealbata will break from post 10 in a 10-horse field.

“She’s doing really well, and I’m expecting her to do well,” he said, “but I am concerned about the post.

“I’m going to leave it up to [jockey] Ramon [Dominguez] off the break,” he said. “She has just enough speed to maybe get herself in trouble. She’s not really a come-from-behinder, and I don’t think she’s an on-the-lead horse. She’s probably a mid-pack horse, and if she leaves too well, she could get hung out there.” Though he said that he’ll let Dominguez play it ear, he’d like to see Dealbata tucked in by the first turn.

Brown was pleased by his filly’s first performance in the United States but not surprised.

“Sometimes it takes horses a few months to get adjusted to being here, sometimes it takes longer,” he said. “I don’t run them until I know that they’re ready, so it doesn’t surprise me when they fire, and she fired in her first race.”