• ZATT's Star of the Week, is ... Winx!Posted 2 days ago
  • Elektrum (5-2) gets up in the final jump to win the Grade 3 Dowager at Keeneland.Posted 2 days ago
  • Roca Rojo (4-1) storms home to romp in Belmont's Athenia.Posted 2 days ago
  • Lightstream (2-1) rolls late to pass Malibu Stacy for the Raven Run win.Posted 3 days ago
  • Royal Posse (5-2) likes the off going and upsets Governor Malibu in the Empire Classic.Posted 3 days ago
  • Bar of Gold (4-5) wins the Empire Distaff by a country mile.Posted 3 days ago
  • Pat On The Back (20-1) puts them to sleep in a sloppy Sleepy Hollow.Posted 3 days ago
  • 2001 Kentucky Derby winner, Monarchos has passed away at the age of 18.Posted 3 days ago
  • Winx absolutely dominant in winning a second Cox Plate.Posted 3 days ago
  • Quidura (7-2) scores another graded stakes win at Keeneland for Graham Motion.Posted 4 days ago
Breeders Cup 2015

Dealbata Finds Spot in De La Rose

Saratoga Race Course 2012 logo
Photo: NYRA

Chad Brown’s 4-year-old filly Dealbata will make her second U.S. start in the De La Rose on Saturday. After making her first five starts in France (3-1-0), she won her first stateside race at Belmont in June in the Mohegan Sky Stakes. While confident of his filly’s chances, Brown’s not thrilled with the post position she drew. Dealbata will break from post 10 in a 10-horse field.

“She’s doing really well, and I’m expecting her to do well,” he said, “but I am concerned about the post.

“I’m going to leave it up to [jockey] Ramon [Dominguez] off the break,” he said. “She has just enough speed to maybe get herself in trouble. She’s not really a come-from-behinder, and I don’t think she’s an on-the-lead horse. She’s probably a mid-pack horse, and if she leaves too well, she could get hung out there.” Though he said that he’ll let Dominguez play it ear, he’d like to see Dealbata tucked in by the first turn.

Brown was pleased by his filly’s first performance in the United States but not surprised.

“Sometimes it takes horses a few months to get adjusted to being here, sometimes it takes longer,” he said. “I don’t run them until I know that they’re ready, so it doesn’t surprise me when they fire, and she fired in her first race.”