• Unique Bella is off the Kentucky Oaks trail with a sore shin, per Steve Anderson.Posted 9 hours ago
  • Hence (10-1) rallies to win the Sunland Park Derby going away.Posted 2 days ago
  • Ghalia (2-1) edges a game Kell Paso in the Sunland Park Oaks.Posted 2 days ago
  • Itsinthepost (6-1) drives home the win in the Grade 2 San Luis Rey.Posted 3 days ago
  • Fear the Cowboy (7-2) comes running late to capture the Grade 3 Skip Away.Posted 3 days ago
  • Fast and Accurate (24-1) bursts through to upset the Grade 3 Spiral.Posted 3 days ago
  • Purely a Dream (12-1) pulls ahead in the stretch to take the Grade 3 Bourbonette Oaks.Posted 3 days ago
  • Arrogate, despite a dreadful break, wins the Dubai World Cup easily.Posted 3 days ago
  • Jack Hobbs is much the best in the Sheema Classic.Posted 3 days ago
  • Vivlos flies late to get up for the win in the $6 million Dubai Turf.Posted 3 days ago

Dealbata Finds Spot in De La Rose

Saratoga Race Course 2012 logo
Photo: NYRA

Chad Brown’s 4-year-old filly Dealbata will make her second U.S. start in the De La Rose on Saturday. After making her first five starts in France (3-1-0), she won her first stateside race at Belmont in June in the Mohegan Sky Stakes. While confident of his filly’s chances, Brown’s not thrilled with the post position she drew. Dealbata will break from post 10 in a 10-horse field.

“She’s doing really well, and I’m expecting her to do well,” he said, “but I am concerned about the post.

“I’m going to leave it up to [jockey] Ramon [Dominguez] off the break,” he said. “She has just enough speed to maybe get herself in trouble. She’s not really a come-from-behinder, and I don’t think she’s an on-the-lead horse. She’s probably a mid-pack horse, and if she leaves too well, she could get hung out there.” Though he said that he’ll let Dominguez play it ear, he’d like to see Dealbata tucked in by the first turn.

Brown was pleased by his filly’s first performance in the United States but not surprised.

“Sometimes it takes horses a few months to get adjusted to being here, sometimes it takes longer,” he said. “I don’t run them until I know that they’re ready, so it doesn’t surprise me when they fire, and she fired in her first race.”