• Texas Chrome (2-1) bravely squeezed through on the rail for an Oklahoma Derby win.Posted 1 day ago
  • Unbridled Mo (4-1) rides the rail to victory in the Remington Park Oaks.Posted 1 day ago
  • Accelerate (1-1) rallies to win the Los Alamitos Derby (G2).Posted 2 days ago
  • Connect (10-1) upsets the Pennsylvania Derby.Posted 2 days ago
  • Songbird (1-5) gets win number 11 in the Cotillion (G1) at Parx Racing.Posted 2 days ago
  • Noholdingback Bear (3-1) wins the Gallant Bob (G3) at Parx Racing.Posted 2 days ago
  • 2015 Turf Champion Big Blue Kitten has been retired from racing, via the Chad Brown barn.Posted 6 days ago
  • No catching Sarah Sis (10-1) in the Presque Isle Downs Masters.Posted 7 days ago
  • Victory to Victory  7-1) pulls clear in the Grade 1 Natalma Stakes.Posted 8 days ago
  • Good Samaritan (3-1) rolls to a Breeders' Cup birth with a Summer Stakes win.Posted 8 days ago

Dealbata Finds Spot in De La Rose

Saratoga Race Course 2012 logo
Photo: NYRA

Chad Brown’s 4-year-old filly Dealbata will make her second U.S. start in the De La Rose on Saturday. After making her first five starts in France (3-1-0), she won her first stateside race at Belmont in June in the Mohegan Sky Stakes. While confident of his filly’s chances, Brown’s not thrilled with the post position she drew. Dealbata will break from post 10 in a 10-horse field.

“She’s doing really well, and I’m expecting her to do well,” he said, “but I am concerned about the post.

“I’m going to leave it up to [jockey] Ramon [Dominguez] off the break,” he said. “She has just enough speed to maybe get herself in trouble. She’s not really a come-from-behinder, and I don’t think she’s an on-the-lead horse. She’s probably a mid-pack horse, and if she leaves too well, she could get hung out there.” Though he said that he’ll let Dominguez play it ear, he’d like to see Dealbata tucked in by the first turn.

Brown was pleased by his filly’s first performance in the United States but not surprised.

“Sometimes it takes horses a few months to get adjusted to being here, sometimes it takes longer,” he said. “I don’t run them until I know that they’re ready, so it doesn’t surprise me when they fire, and she fired in her first race.”