• Nyquist will get in his final Kentucky Derby workout Friday afternoon at Keeneland.Posted 2 days ago
  • Time and Motion wins the Memories of Silver for Jimmy Toner.Posted 4 days ago
  • Finest City sets new track record in Great Lady M.Posted 5 days ago
  • Stanford finds his way back to the winner's circle in the Charles Town Classic.Posted 5 days ago
  • Rose Brier sets new course record in the Henry S. Clark.Posted 5 days ago
  • Da Big Hoss lives up to his name with the Dixiana Elkhorn win.Posted 5 days ago
  • Raging Smoke leads all the way in the Sugar Maple.Posted 5 days ago
  • Highland Sky flies home to Woodhaven victory.Posted 5 days ago
  • Brooklynsway upsets I'm A Chatterbox in the Doubledogdare at 25-1.Posted 6 days ago
  • Cupid has been removed from consideration from the Kentucky Derby; Mo Tom is now in.Posted 10 days ago

Del Mar Derby Next for La Jolla Top 3

Enterprising La Jolla 615 X 400
Photo: Benoit Photo

Enterprising, I’ll Wrap It Up and Sammy Mandeville, the top three finishers in Saturday’s $150,000 Grade II La Jolla Handicap, all came out of the race in good shape.

Trainer Tom Proctor indicated after the event that Enterprisng would be given much consideration for the $300,000 Grade II Del Mar Derby on Sunday, August 31. That would put the son of Elusive Quality in position to be the first to sweep Del Mar’s stakes series for three-year-olds – the Oceanside, La Jolla and Del Mar Derby – since Blackdoun in 2004.

Doug O’Neill, who trains both I’ll Wrap It Up and Sammy Mandeville, said the colts were “fantastic” following the race.

“I have to talk to the horses’ owners, but I expect we’ll be going on to the Del Mar Derby with both of them,” O’Neill said. “That was freakishly impressive by (Enterprising) but I thought both of our horses ran great.

“Sammy Mandeville is a lightly raced horse who is just getting better and better. I’ll Wrap It Up, with the addition of blinkers, made a huge move forward.”