•  California Chrome works 4f over Del Mar turf course in :52.00Posted 6 minutes ago
  • Belmont runner-up Commissioner returned to the work tab Nov 22 (3f in :38.12 at Palm Beach).Posted 9 minutes ago
  • Sunbean raises his career record to 12-for-19 lifetime with a Delta Mile victory! Posted 19 hours ago
  • Ocho Ocho Ocho edges Mr. Z in the Delta Downs Jackpot! Posted 20 hours ago
  • Take Charge Brandi scores again, this time in the Delta Downs Princess!Posted 20 hours ago
  • Strike Charmer flew away with the Cardinal! Posted 21 hours ago
  • Yahilwa and Mike Smith get the job done in the Treasure Chest!Posted 21 hours ago
  • Honor Code returns a winner in an Aqueduct allowance! Posted 22 hours ago
  • Ben's Cat vs. Bern Identity in 2014 Fabulous Strike at Penn National.Posted 1 day ago
  • Cigar Mile hopeful Itsmyluckyday drilled a 5f bullet in 1:00.40 at GPW on Nov 20.Posted 1 day ago

Decisive Moment Back in Allowance Ranks

Gulfstream Park
Photo: MEC

Just For Fun Stable’s 4-year-old Florida homebred colt Decisive Moment has banked more than $707,000 with four victories in 21 career starts for trainer Juan Arias, but hasn’t visited the winner’s circle since capturing the $125,000 Delta Mile at Delta Downs on Nov. 19, 2011.

Wednesday, Decisive Moment is entered to run in the $60,500 allowance feature at Gulfstream Park going one mile in a field of six, marking the first time he has run in anything but a stakes race since the third start of his career as a 2-year-old at Calder. The son of With Distinction finished fourth last out behind Prospective when attempting to defend his Delta Mile title.

Career highlights for Decisive Moment have included finishing second in the $1 million Delta Jackpot (G3) in the fall of 2010 and runner-up to Animal Kingdom in the Spiral Stakes (G3) at Turfway Park in 2011 before finishing 14th of 19 behind that one in the Kentucky Derby (G1).

Decisive Moment will be equipped with ‘blinkers on’ for Wednesday race. “As horses get older you sometimes have to change their menu a little bit, shake them up,” said Arias Saturday morning from his Calder headquarters.

“This is a tough little field, but he ran pretty well over there against tougher horses last winter,” referring to finishing fifth behind Jackson Bend in the Hal’s Hope Stakes (G3) and fifth behind Force Freeze in the Gulfstream Sprint Championship (G2). “We hope he’ll get a little confidence back in this race.”

The field for Wednesday’s feature may be small, but Decisive Moment is not the only experienced stakes performer in the field with his rivals including Golden Goose Enterprises and James Covell’s 5-year-old Citrus Kid for trainer john Terranova and Lets Go Stable’s 3-year-old El Padrino for trainer Todd Pletcher.

Older Comments about Decisive Moment Back in Allowance Ranks...

Ah HA! See? I'm not the only one! Who likes DM, I mean. Well I doubt rafirox is about as obsessed with him as I am, but, you know.
That is true. But, since it is a tune-up for El Padrino, we can not tell for sure. I have never been a fan of El Padrino, but he does have talent. I'll be rooting hard for Decisive Moment. He is kind of a sentimental favorite, he is just a beautiful animal. I won't be betting this race, BTW. Unpredictable, and I don't bet my faves very often, I don't like too.
That is IF El Padrino doesn't cause him any problems
Ya. He should respond well to a drop in class though, I think it could only benefit him.
**you know what I mean
**obviously
He does well on dirt, obiously
I'd rather see him on the dirt. This allowance field isn't an easy victory, El Padrino is in there.
Yea, but turf isn't exactly going to help him
He needed some class relief, I think this is a good move.
I didn't say anything denying that...but he tends to make a fast pace when he leads, aside from when he is forced to rate and take a slow step and then grab the lead at the endand fight for it
ANY Horse who gets the lead, ANY HORSE, that has the capabilty to rate, has a huge advantage over the field. THEY CONTROL the race and can slow it down ALL to their advantage.
Woah woah woah, why??? He better not make the pace...he fades when he does. He better not be forced to be in an uncomfortable place coming out of the gates, and he better be on dirt next time, turf isn't his surface. I hope he wins..he needs it...Ok I'm done lecturing on how to let this horse win.