• Nyquist will get in his final Kentucky Derby workout Friday afternoon at Keeneland.Posted 2 days ago
  • Time and Motion wins the Memories of Silver for Jimmy Toner.Posted 4 days ago
  • Finest City sets new track record in Great Lady M.Posted 5 days ago
  • Stanford finds his way back to the winner's circle in the Charles Town Classic.Posted 5 days ago
  • Rose Brier sets new course record in the Henry S. Clark.Posted 5 days ago
  • Da Big Hoss lives up to his name with the Dixiana Elkhorn win.Posted 5 days ago
  • Raging Smoke leads all the way in the Sugar Maple.Posted 5 days ago
  • Highland Sky flies home to Woodhaven victory.Posted 5 days ago
  • Brooklynsway upsets I'm A Chatterbox in the Doubledogdare at 25-1.Posted 6 days ago
  • Cupid has been removed from consideration from the Kentucky Derby; Mo Tom is now in.Posted 10 days ago

DeCarlo Secures 1,000th Career Win

Jockey Chris DeCarlo reached an important milestone at Monmouth Park on Saturday when he won his 1,000th career race.

DeCarlo booted home Oconee Gold ($5.00) in the eighth race for trainer Ramon Moya and accepted congratulations in a winner’s circle celebration afterward. He scored his 999th victory just one race earlier on Dontwait Toolong ($18.20) for trainer Jane Cibelli.

“It’s exciting,” said DeCarlo, 44, who began riding at 16 and has been a member of the jockey colony at tracks all over the East Coast and around the world. “I just want to continue to win races and I know that if I do that, I’ll keep being successful and keep getting to do what I love.”

DeCarlo won the 1986 Haskell Invitational on Wise Times when he was only 17 and led all riders in stakes wins at Monmouth in 2005. The following year he piloted Park Avenue Ball to three stakes wins, including Monmouth’s Iselin. Recently, he spent the 2010-2011winter in Saudi Arabia riding first call for King Aziz.