• Long shot Stormy Lucy (65-1) upsets the Matriarch (G1) at Del Mar in the last stride. Posted 1 day ago
  • Dortmund romps home a winner in the Native Diver.Posted 2 days ago
  • Commissioner much the best in the Hawthorne Gold Cup.Posted 2 days ago
  • Chiropractor edges March for a Hollywood Derby win at 14-1.Posted 2 days ago
  • Airoforce takes to the dirt in a big way, pulling away to win the Kentucky Jockey Club.Posted 2 days ago
  • Carina Mia turns back Stageplay in the Golden Rod.Posted 2 days ago
  • Tonalist with a late rush to just get up in the Cigar Mile!Posted 2 days ago
  • Forever Unbridled outduels Carrumba to the wire in the Comely.Posted 2 days ago
  • Mohaymen an impressive winner of Aqueduct's nine furlong Remsen.Posted 2 days ago
  • Lewis Bay runs to her odds in the Demoiselle.Posted 2 days ago

Dance To My Tune to face Zenyatta

Del Mar logo

Though run down by Zenyatta in Santa Anita's Grade I Santa Margarita Handicap in March, the appropriately named Dance to My Tune provided quite a challenge for the two-time champion older female's surging late-run style.

Dan Ward, assistant to trainer Jerry Hollendorfer, thinks the front-running Dance to My Tune could be more dangerous in Saturday's Grade I, $300,000 Clement L. Hirsch Stakes at 1 1/16 miles -- 1/16 of a mile shorter than the Santa Margarita.

Ward, who pointed out that all of Dance to My Tune's wins have been on a surface much like Del Mar's, isn't predicting a victory, but he did say, "We'll do our best in the Hirsch. We expect to make her [Zenyatta] work for it [a potential victory]."

The possible field for the Hirsch remains at four, with the chance of three more. Potential starters besides Dance to My Tune are Princess Taylor, Rinterval and, of course, Zenyatta. Listed as possible are Made for Magic, Will O Way and Wynning Ride.