• Ulysses (Galileo) powers by Churchill and Barney Roy in the Group 1 Juddmonte International.Posted 1 hour ago
  • Cracksman (Frankel) cruises to a big victory in the Group 2 Great Voltigeur Stakes at York.Posted 1 hour ago
  • Diversify (1-2) rolls home a big winner in the Evan Shipman.Posted 1 day ago
  • Blackjackcat (8-1) holds off Vyjack to win the Del Mar Mile.Posted 2 days ago
  • Dak Attack (2-1) is an impressive winner of the Ellis Park Juvenile.Posted 2 days ago
  • Channel Maker (8-5) wins the photo and survives multiple objections to win the Breeders' Stakes.Posted 2 days ago
  • Kelly's Humor (11-1) rolls late to win Ellis Park Debutante.Posted 2 days ago
  • Dream Dancing (6-1) nips Beau Recall in the Del Mar Oaks.Posted 3 days ago
  • Collected (3-1) holds off Arrogate in the TVG Pacific Classic.Posted 3 days ago
  • Hunt (3-1) scores his second graded stakes win of the meet, this time in the Del Mar Handicap.Posted 3 days ago
Saratoga and Del Mar 2017

Dance To My Tune to face Zenyatta

Del Mar logo

Though run down by Zenyatta in Santa Anita's Grade I Santa Margarita Handicap in March, the appropriately named Dance to My Tune provided quite a challenge for the two-time champion older female's surging late-run style.

Dan Ward, assistant to trainer Jerry Hollendorfer, thinks the front-running Dance to My Tune could be more dangerous in Saturday's Grade I, $300,000 Clement L. Hirsch Stakes at 1 1/16 miles -- 1/16 of a mile shorter than the Santa Margarita.

Ward, who pointed out that all of Dance to My Tune's wins have been on a surface much like Del Mar's, isn't predicting a victory, but he did say, "We'll do our best in the Hirsch. We expect to make her [Zenyatta] work for it [a potential victory]."

The possible field for the Hirsch remains at four, with the chance of three more. Potential starters besides Dance to My Tune are Princess Taylor, Rinterval and, of course, Zenyatta. Listed as possible are Made for Magic, Will O Way and Wynning Ride.