• Minding rolls home an easy winner of the Group 1 Pretty Polly Stakes at The Curragh.Posted 2 days ago
  • Melatonin powers home a strong winner of the Gold Cup at Santa Anita.Posted 2 days ago
  • Lord Nelson lunges late to nip Subtle Indian in the Triple Bend.Posted 2 days ago
  • By the Moon proves best in the Grade 3 Bed O' Roses at Belmont Park.Posted 3 days ago
  • Mo Tom finds a trouble free trip, and rolls home an easy Ohio Derby winner.Posted 3 days ago
  • Isabella Sings strolls to victory in Monmouth's Eatontown.Posted 3 days ago
  • Sarah Sis makes all the running as the Chicago Handicap favorite.Posted 3 days ago
  • Harzand holds off Idaho in the Irish Derby to become a dual Derby winnerPosted 3 days ago
  • Far From Over wins his return today at Belmont after more than 16 months away.Posted 4 days ago
  • Champion Untapable has been retired from racing, according to owner, Ron Winchell.Posted 8 days ago

Dance To My Tune to face Zenyatta

Del Mar logo

Though run down by Zenyatta in Santa Anita's Grade I Santa Margarita Handicap in March, the appropriately named Dance to My Tune provided quite a challenge for the two-time champion older female's surging late-run style.

Dan Ward, assistant to trainer Jerry Hollendorfer, thinks the front-running Dance to My Tune could be more dangerous in Saturday's Grade I, $300,000 Clement L. Hirsch Stakes at 1 1/16 miles -- 1/16 of a mile shorter than the Santa Margarita.

Ward, who pointed out that all of Dance to My Tune's wins have been on a surface much like Del Mar's, isn't predicting a victory, but he did say, "We'll do our best in the Hirsch. We expect to make her [Zenyatta] work for it [a potential victory]."

The possible field for the Hirsch remains at four, with the chance of three more. Potential starters besides Dance to My Tune are Princess Taylor, Rinterval and, of course, Zenyatta. Listed as possible are Made for Magic, Will O Way and Wynning Ride.