• ZATT's Star of the Week, is ... Winx!Posted 19 hours ago
  • Elektrum (5-2) gets up in the final jump to win the Grade 3 Dowager at Keeneland.Posted 21 hours ago
  • Roca Rojo (4-1) storms home to romp in Belmont's Athenia.Posted 21 hours ago
  • Lightstream (2-1) rolls late to pass Malibu Stacy for the Raven Run win.Posted 1 day ago
  • Royal Posse (5-2) likes the off going and upsets Governor Malibu in the Empire Classic.Posted 1 day ago
  • Bar of Gold (4-5) wins the Empire Distaff by a country mile.Posted 1 day ago
  • Pat On The Back (20-1) puts them to sleep in a sloppy Sleepy Hollow.Posted 1 day ago
  • 2001 Kentucky Derby winner, Monarchos has passed away at the age of 18.Posted 2 days ago
  • Winx absolutely dominant in winning a second Cox Plate.Posted 2 days ago
  • Quidura (7-2) scores another graded stakes win at Keeneland for Graham Motion.Posted 2 days ago
Breeders Cup 2015

Dance To My Tune to face Zenyatta

Del Mar logo

Though run down by Zenyatta in Santa Anita's Grade I Santa Margarita Handicap in March, the appropriately named Dance to My Tune provided quite a challenge for the two-time champion older female's surging late-run style.

Dan Ward, assistant to trainer Jerry Hollendorfer, thinks the front-running Dance to My Tune could be more dangerous in Saturday's Grade I, $300,000 Clement L. Hirsch Stakes at 1 1/16 miles -- 1/16 of a mile shorter than the Santa Margarita.

Ward, who pointed out that all of Dance to My Tune's wins have been on a surface much like Del Mar's, isn't predicting a victory, but he did say, "We'll do our best in the Hirsch. We expect to make her [Zenyatta] work for it [a potential victory]."

The possible field for the Hirsch remains at four, with the chance of three more. Potential starters besides Dance to My Tune are Princess Taylor, Rinterval and, of course, Zenyatta. Listed as possible are Made for Magic, Will O Way and Wynning Ride.