• Far Right shoots up the rail again to score in the Southwest Stakes. Posted 4 days ago
  • Khozan demolishes a Gulfstream Park allowance field to remain perfect in two starts. Posted 4 days ago
  • No beating North Slope as he returns to dirt a winner in the Evening Attire. Posted 4 days ago
  •  International Star scrapes the paint to win the Risen Star.Posted 5 days ago
  • I'm A Chatterbox speaks loud and clear in the Rachel Alexandra. Posted 5 days ago
  • Itsaknockout wins the Fountain of Youth on the DQ of Upstart. Posted 5 days ago
  •  Chocolate Ride sneaks away in the Fair Grounds Handicap.Posted 5 days ago
  • Long On Value clearly Best in the Canadian Turf. Posted 5 days ago
  •  Street Babe surprise the Mineshaft field at Fair Grounds.Posted 5 days ago
  • Main Sequence storms home late to win the Mac Diarmida! Posted 5 days ago

Creative Cause Will Ship to Louisville April 28

I'll Have Another nips Creative Cause in Santa Anita Derby.

I’ll Have Another and Creative Cause, featured players in the Santa Anita Derby drama that unfolded Saturday in the closest finish in the 3-year-old classic since 1985, when Skywalker nosed out Fast Account, came out of their mano-a-mano in good order and it’s on to Louisville for the Kentucky Derby on May 5, albeit on different paths.

Plans were undecided Sunday morning on when I’ll Have Another will head to Kentucky, but Creative Cause is set to ship on April 28.

“He came out great,” said trainer Doug O’Neill of 4-1 second choice I’ll Have Another, who edged 9-10 favorite Creative Cause by a nose in a thrilling three-horse photo finish in which 42-1 outsider Blueskiesnrainbows finished third by a half-length after setting the pace in the Grade I race that awarded $450,000 to the winner and $150,000 to the runner-up. Blueskiesnrainbows earned $90,000 for his third in the 1 1/8-mile test.

“He ate up his dinner and his legs were ice cold this morning,” O’Neill said about I’ll Have Another, a son of Flower Alley ridden by Mario Gutierrez for owner J. Paul Reddam. “I’m not sure whether we’ll ship to Kentucky a few weeks out or a week out. Plans haven’t been finalized.”

Gutierrez, meanwhile, earned the mount on Reddam’s Handsome Mike in next Saturday’s $1 million Arkansas Derby at Oaklawn Park.

“He looks good this morning,” trainer Mike Harrington said of Creative Cause. “He was a little tired but none the worse for wear. He’ll ship on the 28th.”