• There's no catching Si Sage in the Grade 2 Charles Whittingham Stakes at Santa Anita.Posted 10 hours ago
  • Lexie Lou returns to her winning ways in today's Grade 2 Nassau Stakes.Posted 13 hours ago
  • Enola Gray takes the Melair gate to wire.Posted 1 day ago
  • Surgical Strike charges on the outside to win the Arlington Classic (G3).Posted 1 day ago
  • Diva Express and I'm a Looker make a dead heat run in the Winning Colors (G3).Posted 1 day ago
  • Flipcup game in Arlington Matron (G3) victory.Posted 1 day ago
  • In his first start since the Remsen, Gift Box rolls over a strong allowance field at Belmont.Posted 3 days ago
  • Nyquist has spiked a fever, delaying his trip to Belmont, via DRF's Dave Grening.Posted 6 days ago
  • Second Summer holds off Hard Aces to win the Grade 2 Californian.Posted 7 days ago
  • Exaggerator turns the tables and is victorious in the Preakness (G1).Posted 8 days ago

Cozi Rosie After Grade One Glory

February 21, 2012.Cozi Rosie riden by Mike Smith wins The Buena Vista Handicap at Santa Anita Park, Arcadia, CA..
Cozi Rosie has one significant item missing on an otherwise impressive resume: a Grade I victory. John Sadler hopes to fill that void when the 4-year-old filly runs in Saturday’s Grade I Yellow Ribbon Stakes presented by Emirates Airline.

“Absolutely,” Sadler said when asked if he had designs on a Grade I win for the chestnut daughter of Pleasantly Perfect owned by Jerry and Ann Moss. “Cozi Rosie is doing really, really well. She comes off a nice win the (Grade II) John Mabee (at Del Mar on Aug. 14) and was unlucky at Hollywood. She had a few trips that weren’t very good (finishing third in the Grade I Gamely as the 19-10 favorite and second in the Grade I Beverly Hills Handicap at 9-10).

“But she’s been ultra-consistent all year,” Sadler continued. “She ran really well here last winter (winning the Grade II Buena Vista), then got beat a lip (a half-length) in the Santa Barbara, so this is her time, I’m hoping.” Cozi Rosie has a 5-3-2 record from 13 starts, with earnings of $477,280.

Probable for the Yellow Ribbon: Cambina, City to City, Cozi Rosie, Dubawi Heights, Malibu Pier, Medaglia d’Amour and Well Monied.