• Lady Shipman breezes home much the best in Belmont's License Fee.Posted 1 hour ago
  • Ben's Cat sprints home late to win his 10yo seasonal debut in thrilling fashion.Posted 4 hours ago
  • Minding shows her class, easily winning the 1000 Guineas.Posted 6 hours ago
  • Uncle Lino digs in to win the inaugural California Chrome Stakes.Posted 22 hours ago
  • A Lot holds off favored Green Mask by a whisker to win the Elusive Quality.Posted 1 day ago
  • Galileo Gold, under Frankie Dettori, rolls in the 2000 Guineas.Posted 1 day ago
  • Olorda takes them all the way in the Bewitch Stakes on closing day at Keeneland.Posted 2 days ago
  • Nyquist will get in his final Kentucky Derby workout Friday afternoon at Keeneland.Posted 5 days ago
  • Time and Motion wins the Memories of Silver for Jimmy Toner.Posted 7 days ago
  • Finest City sets new track record in Great Lady M.Posted 7 days ago

Grove basking in Preakness spotlight

Maryland trainer Chris Grove grew up in Frederick, lives in Frederick and stables his horses at the Bowie Training Center. His favorite race has always been the Preakness. Saturday, one of his horses, Norman Asbjornson, is about to make Grove's longest-held dream -- a dream so unimaginable he never really believed in its possibility -- come true.

Saturday, Grove will see Norman, as he calls him, go to post in The 136th Preakness Stakes.

"Did I ever think I'd have a Preakness horse?" Grove said, taking on the role of self interviewer. "Did I think I'd ever have one? Ever?"

Older Comments about Grove basking in Preakness spotlight...

@Chris Grove. I love your horse and I hope you have got him ready to go. No question he go the distance. All the horses this year except Shakleford are slower than usual.