• Nyquist has spiked a fever, delaying his trip to Belmont, via DRF's Dave Grening.Posted 2 days ago
  • Second Summer holds off Hard Aces to win the Grade 2 Californian.Posted 3 days ago
  • Exaggerator turns the tables and is victorious in the Preakness (G1).Posted 4 days ago
  • Takeover Target flies home late to win from last in the Grade 2 Dixie.Posted 4 days ago
  • American Freedom fights back for Sir Barton victory.Posted 4 days ago
  • Mizz Money holds on to take the Gallorette (G3) by a nose.Posted 4 days ago
  • Justin Squared was too fast to catch in the Chick Lang.Posted 4 days ago
  • Lady Shipman does not disappoint with a victory in The Very One.Posted 4 days ago
  • Marengo Road gets ahead to take the James W. Murphy.Posted 4 days ago
  • Awtaad upsets Galileo Gold to win the Irish 2000 Guineas.Posted 4 days ago

Grove basking in Preakness spotlight

Maryland trainer Chris Grove grew up in Frederick, lives in Frederick and stables his horses at the Bowie Training Center. His favorite race has always been the Preakness. Saturday, one of his horses, Norman Asbjornson, is about to make Grove's longest-held dream -- a dream so unimaginable he never really believed in its possibility -- come true.

Saturday, Grove will see Norman, as he calls him, go to post in The 136th Preakness Stakes.

"Did I ever think I'd have a Preakness horse?" Grove said, taking on the role of self interviewer. "Did I think I'd ever have one? Ever?"

Older Comments about Grove basking in Preakness spotlight...

@Chris Grove. I love your horse and I hope you have got him ready to go. No question he go the distance. All the horses this year except Shakleford are slower than usual.