• Minding rolls home an easy winner of the Group 1 Pretty Polly Stakes at The Curragh.Posted 4 days ago
  • Melatonin powers home a strong winner of the Gold Cup at Santa Anita.Posted 4 days ago
  • Lord Nelson lunges late to nip Subtle Indian in the Triple Bend.Posted 4 days ago
  • By the Moon proves best in the Grade 3 Bed O' Roses at Belmont Park.Posted 5 days ago
  • Mo Tom finds a trouble free trip, and rolls home an easy Ohio Derby winner.Posted 5 days ago
  • Isabella Sings strolls to victory in Monmouth's Eatontown.Posted 5 days ago
  • Sarah Sis makes all the running as the Chicago Handicap favorite.Posted 5 days ago
  • Harzand holds off Idaho in the Irish Derby to become a dual Derby winnerPosted 5 days ago
  • Far From Over wins his return today at Belmont after more than 16 months away.Posted 6 days ago
  • Champion Untapable has been retired from racing, according to owner, Ron Winchell.Posted 10 days ago

Grove basking in Preakness spotlight

Maryland trainer Chris Grove grew up in Frederick, lives in Frederick and stables his horses at the Bowie Training Center. His favorite race has always been the Preakness. Saturday, one of his horses, Norman Asbjornson, is about to make Grove's longest-held dream -- a dream so unimaginable he never really believed in its possibility -- come true.

Saturday, Grove will see Norman, as he calls him, go to post in The 136th Preakness Stakes.

"Did I ever think I'd have a Preakness horse?" Grove said, taking on the role of self interviewer. "Did I think I'd ever have one? Ever?"

Older Comments about Grove basking in Preakness spotlight...

@Chris Grove. I love your horse and I hope you have got him ready to go. No question he go the distance. All the horses this year except Shakleford are slower than usual.