• Texas Chrome (2-1) bravely squeezed through on the rail for an Oklahoma Derby win.Posted 4 days ago
  • Unbridled Mo (4-1) rides the rail to victory in the Remington Park Oaks.Posted 4 days ago
  • Accelerate (1-1) rallies to win the Los Alamitos Derby (G2).Posted 5 days ago
  • Connect (10-1) upsets the Pennsylvania Derby.Posted 5 days ago
  • Songbird (1-5) gets win number 11 in the Cotillion (G1) at Parx Racing.Posted 5 days ago
  • Noholdingback Bear (3-1) wins the Gallant Bob (G3) at Parx Racing.Posted 6 days ago
  • 2015 Turf Champion Big Blue Kitten has been retired from racing, via the Chad Brown barn.Posted 9 days ago
  • No catching Sarah Sis (10-1) in the Presque Isle Downs Masters.Posted 10 days ago
  • Victory to Victory  7-1) pulls clear in the Grade 1 Natalma Stakes.Posted 11 days ago
  • Good Samaritan (3-1) rolls to a Breeders' Cup birth with a Summer Stakes win.Posted 12 days ago

Centralinteligence Okay After Malibu Adventure

Centralinteligence, who was vying for the lead in the opening day Malibu Stakes when he inexplicably took up sharply going into the far turn and dropped back to eventually finish last in the field of 10, came out of the Grade I affair in good shape, according to co-owner Bob Feld, who represents Bongo Racing Stable.

“He was sound after the race,” said Feld Thursday morning from Clockers’ Corner. “Ron (Ellis) jogged him and he seems fine. He’ll probably walk for a week and then jog another week and we might look for a two-other-than (allowance race).

“We went from being in front to being eliminated, so that was very disappointing. It’s hard to say what happened for sure, but Hoorayforhollywood was outside of us and he came in and it looked like our horse shied from that. It looked like Joel (Rosario) took hold of him and at that point, he threw his head and we got shuffled way back.

“I really think that had that not happened, he would have been no worse than second and I think he’d have been head and head with The Factor to the wire. I think he’d have made a race of it.”

Centralinteligence, a 3-year-old Kentucky-bred gelding by Smarty Jones, came into the Malibu off a strong second-place allowance finish on Nov. 27 at Hollywood Park to highly regarded Smash, who ended up running seventh in the Malibu. Centralinteligence was dispatched at odds of 7-1.

Despite his misfortune in the Malibu, Feld was impressed with the opening day crowd of 44,579.

“It was a phenomenal day,” said Feld. “At this point in my life, and I’ve been coming here for more than 40 years, I do remember the glory days and this was just like that. I haven’t seen that many cars in the infield parking lot in many years. Everywhere I went, the place was just jammed and people were having a great time.”