• Olorda takes them all the way in the Bewitch Stakes on closing day at Keeneland.Posted 16 hours ago
  • Nyquist will get in his final Kentucky Derby workout Friday afternoon at Keeneland.Posted 3 days ago
  • Time and Motion wins the Memories of Silver for Jimmy Toner.Posted 5 days ago
  • Finest City sets new track record in Great Lady M.Posted 6 days ago
  • Stanford finds his way back to the winner's circle in the Charles Town Classic.Posted 6 days ago
  • Rose Brier sets new course record in the Henry S. Clark.Posted 6 days ago
  • Da Big Hoss lives up to his name with the Dixiana Elkhorn win.Posted 6 days ago
  • Raging Smoke leads all the way in the Sugar Maple.Posted 6 days ago
  • Highland Sky flies home to Woodhaven victory.Posted 6 days ago
  • Brooklynsway upsets I'm A Chatterbox in the Doubledogdare at 25-1.Posted 7 days ago

Calvin Borel Still Without Kentucky Derby Mount

Calvin Borel recently worked Stay Thirsty but Ramon Dominguez was given the mount for the Kentucky Derby.

Is it possible that the winning Derby rider in three of the last four years will be without a mount on the first Saturday in May?

Horses pointing to the Derby that still need a rider are Master of Hounds and Twinspired.

Uncle Mo's stablemate Stay Thirsty, owned by Mike Repole and trained by Todd Pletcher, won the Gotham Stakes (G3) under Ramon Dominguez before finishing up the track in the Florida Derby (G1). He drilled a five furlong bullet in 1:00 at Churchill Downs on April 24.

Older Comments about Calvin Borel Still Without Kentucky Derby Mount...

If it turns up muddy and he gets in, I'll be watching
cocoa- no one thought MTB had much of a kick either. I think Den's Legacy has a kick somewhere in there, it just needs to be unlocked. And this is one horse that I think would do VERY well in the mud against others.
Interesting. Den's Legacy doesn't have as much of a kick... hope he doesn't ride Mylute, he hates going inside of horses. Hope the lute picks up Desormeaux
Now that I've gotten to the thinking about it.....I actually would like to see him aboard Den's Legacy
He will easily get a ride..still at least 13-15 spots up for grabs. May not be the best horse, but as we've seen, that doesn't always matter with Borel
If I was a trainer with a horse in the derby, and they were predicting mud, I'd pick Bo-rail in a heartbeat
His horse is one to watch
It seems kind of ironic, that Todd Pletcher's only Derby victory(Super Saver) is thanks to Calvin. If a jockey has multiple horses to opt from(highly likely), Calvin would be a nice backup plan. Remember(this might also apply to Super Saver), he had never ridden Mine That Bird prior to his victory.
I'm pulling for Calvin again. He's the best!
Master of Hounds is my bet.
I'm sure Calvin will get in.