• ZATT's Star of the Week, is ... Winx!Posted 2 days ago
  • Elektrum (5-2) gets up in the final jump to win the Grade 3 Dowager at Keeneland.Posted 2 days ago
  • Roca Rojo (4-1) storms home to romp in Belmont's Athenia.Posted 2 days ago
  • Lightstream (2-1) rolls late to pass Malibu Stacy for the Raven Run win.Posted 3 days ago
  • Royal Posse (5-2) likes the off going and upsets Governor Malibu in the Empire Classic.Posted 3 days ago
  • Bar of Gold (4-5) wins the Empire Distaff by a country mile.Posted 3 days ago
  • Pat On The Back (20-1) puts them to sleep in a sloppy Sleepy Hollow.Posted 3 days ago
  • 2001 Kentucky Derby winner, Monarchos has passed away at the age of 18.Posted 3 days ago
  • Winx absolutely dominant in winning a second Cox Plate.Posted 4 days ago
  • Quidura (7-2) scores another graded stakes win at Keeneland for Graham Motion.Posted 4 days ago
Breeders Cup 2015

Calder: My Pal Chrisy Surprises

Tony’s Investments’ 3-year-old filly My Pal Chrisy was the surprise winner of the $75,000 Stage Door Betty Handicap at Calder Casino & Race Course on Saturday, upsetting the field of five as the 14-to-1 longshot. She is trained by Padarath Lutchman and was ridden to victory by jockey Luca Panici.

My Pal Chrisy ran the 1 1/16 miles over a fast main track in 1:47.38, defeating Successful Song by a half-length.  It was two lengths back to Diosa Indian in third.

It marked the fifth career victory for the Florida-bred filly and her first stakes win.  At the mutuel windows, My Pal Chrisy paid $30.40, $6.00, and $3.20.

Winning trainer’s quotes:

Padarath Lutchman — “I’ve always thought she would go a mile. She just wasn’t strong enough when I tried her in the Suncoast at Tampa Bay early this year (last of 10). This is my first stakes win. I’m from Trinidad. I’ve been training here (Calder) for about four years now. I don’t look ahead, just one race at a time, so I haven’t thought about where she might run next.”

Winning jockey’s quotes:

Luca Panici – “The key to this filly running good is getting her to relax early, but not fall too far back that she loses interest in the race.  She has done well sprinting when the pace isn’t too fast, like in the Azalea Stakes (where she finished third), but Mr. Lutchman felt she would do even better going around two turns at this point in her career.  She settled perfectly today and I just waited until the others made their move, then I made mine at the quarter-pole and she fired big time.”