• Capla Temptress (5-1) rolls home in the Natalma, while making her North American debut.Posted 4 days ago
  • Untamed Domain (3-1) kicks it in late to win the Summer Stakes at Woodbine.Posted 4 days ago
  • World Approval (2-1) shows he is much the best in the Grade 1 Woodbine Mile.Posted 5 days ago
  • Patrona Margarita (23-1) draws clear in the Grade 2 Pocahontas.Posted 5 days ago
  • Uni (6-5) runs down La Coronel in the Grade 2 Sands Point.Posted 5 days ago
  • Johnny Bear (9-1) noses out Hawkbill in the Grade 1 Northern Dancer Turf.Posted 5 days ago
  • Chublicious (10-1) upsets the Grade 3 Frank J. De Francis Memorial Dash.Posted 5 days ago
  • The Tabulator (4-1) holds on in the Grade 3 Iroquois despite drifting out.Posted 5 days ago
  • Quidura (2-5) proves best in Grade 2 Canadian.Posted 5 days ago
  • Winx rolls late in the Colgate Optic White Stakes for her 20th straight victory!Posted 5 days ago

Caffe D' Oro Has Speed to Succeed

After three starts in less than two weeks, trainer Juan Serey decided to give Caffe D’ Oro a little bit of a breather heading into Saturday’s My Frenchman Stakes.

Not that the 5-year-old needed the time off – Serey just couldn’t find any other options.

“He’s doing really well,” Serey said.  “The best of his life.  He’s not tired at all.”

Caffe D’ Oro started his three-race-in-two-week stretch back on July 3 with a 6 ½-length win in a $9,000 claimer on the main track.

The son of Medaglia d’Oro then moved to the turf where he finished second in a first-level allowance race on July 8 and then set a new course record for five furlongs on the grass on July 15.

“I truly don’t think any horse is quicker than he is,” Serey said.  “Plus, there’s no speed in the race.  I think we can do it.”

Serey was happy to be able to get his gelding back onto his preferred surface this summer.

“I ran him on the dirt a couple times earlier because I had to,” Serey said.  “The first chance I had to get him on the turf, I did, and now he’s back running well again.”