• Frosted is pointing to the Breeders' Cup Classic, per his connections.Posted 2 days ago
  • Erupt (IRE) at 12-1 closes to win the $1,000,000 Pattison Canadian International (G1)Posted 4 days ago
  • Al's Gal (6-1) wins the head bob and the E. P. Taylor (G1) at WoodbinePosted 4 days ago
  • Blanket finish in the Nearctic (G2) at Woodbine goes to Calgary Cat (15-1)Posted 4 days ago
  • Arella Rockstar (12-1) upsets the Matron (G3) at Belmont Park.Posted 5 days ago
  • Time and Motion (3-1) wins a three-filly photo in the QE II Challenge Cup.Posted 5 days ago
  • Undefeated Theory (3-10) kicks away to a Futurity scorePosted 6 days ago
  • Almanzor turns away Found in the Group 1 British Champions Stakes.Posted 6 days ago
  • Minding better than the boys in the Queen Elizabeth II at Ascot.Posted 6 days ago
  • 2nd last year, Journey romps home in this year's Champions Day Fillies & Mares.Posted 6 days ago
Breeders Cup 2015

Caffe D' Oro Has Speed to Succeed

After three starts in less than two weeks, trainer Juan Serey decided to give Caffe D’ Oro a little bit of a breather heading into Saturday’s My Frenchman Stakes.

Not that the 5-year-old needed the time off – Serey just couldn’t find any other options.

“He’s doing really well,” Serey said.  “The best of his life.  He’s not tired at all.”

Caffe D’ Oro started his three-race-in-two-week stretch back on July 3 with a 6 ½-length win in a $9,000 claimer on the main track.

The son of Medaglia d’Oro then moved to the turf where he finished second in a first-level allowance race on July 8 and then set a new course record for five furlongs on the grass on July 15.

“I truly don’t think any horse is quicker than he is,” Serey said.  “Plus, there’s no speed in the race.  I think we can do it.”

Serey was happy to be able to get his gelding back onto his preferred surface this summer.

“I ran him on the dirt a couple times earlier because I had to,” Serey said.  “The first chance I had to get him on the turf, I did, and now he’s back running well again.”