• Nyquist has spiked a fever, delaying his trip to Belmont, via DRF's Dave Grening.Posted 1 day ago
  • Second Summer holds off Hard Aces to win the Grade 2 Californian.Posted 2 days ago
  • Exaggerator turns the tables and is victorious in the Preakness (G1).Posted 3 days ago
  • Takeover Target flies home late to win from last in the Grade 2 Dixie.Posted 3 days ago
  • American Freedom fights back for Sir Barton victory.Posted 3 days ago
  • Mizz Money holds on to take the Gallorette (G3) by a nose.Posted 3 days ago
  • Justin Squared was too fast to catch in the Chick Lang.Posted 3 days ago
  • Lady Shipman does not disappoint with a victory in The Very One.Posted 3 days ago
  • Marengo Road gets ahead to take the James W. Murphy.Posted 3 days ago
  • Awtaad upsets Galileo Gold to win the Irish 2000 Guineas.Posted 3 days ago

Caffe D' Oro Has Speed to Succeed

After three starts in less than two weeks, trainer Juan Serey decided to give Caffe D’ Oro a little bit of a breather heading into Saturday’s My Frenchman Stakes.

Not that the 5-year-old needed the time off – Serey just couldn’t find any other options.

“He’s doing really well,” Serey said.  “The best of his life.  He’s not tired at all.”

Caffe D’ Oro started his three-race-in-two-week stretch back on July 3 with a 6 ½-length win in a $9,000 claimer on the main track.

The son of Medaglia d’Oro then moved to the turf where he finished second in a first-level allowance race on July 8 and then set a new course record for five furlongs on the grass on July 15.

“I truly don’t think any horse is quicker than he is,” Serey said.  “Plus, there’s no speed in the race.  I think we can do it.”

Serey was happy to be able to get his gelding back onto his preferred surface this summer.

“I ran him on the dirt a couple times earlier because I had to,” Serey said.  “The first chance I had to get him on the turf, I did, and now he’s back running well again.”