• The longest shot Zakaroff (45-1) rallies to upset the El Camino Real Derby (G3) at Golden Gate Fields.Posted 1 day ago
  • Stonestreet's Terra Promessa (1-2) blitzes the field in the Bayakoa (G3) at Oaklawn Park.Posted 1 day ago
  • Imperial Hint (5-2) takes the General George (G3) at Laurel. Posted 1 day ago
  • High Ridge Road (3-1) runs them down to take the Barbara Fritchie (G2) at Laurel.Posted 1 day ago
  • Curlin's Approval (4-5) dominates in the Royal Delta.Posted 1 day ago
  • Multiple graded stakes winner, Alsvid, has been retired from racing.Posted 4 days ago
  • In her 2017 debut, Winx was sensational again, raising her winning streak to 14.Posted 6 days ago
  • Iliad (2-1) much the best in the San Vicente Stakes.Posted 7 days ago
  • Chanel's Legacy (13-1) pulls off the upset in the Martha Washington Stakes.Posted 8 days ago
  • Bolo (6-1) surges late to win the Arcadia for a second straight year.Posted 8 days ago

Caffe D' Oro Has Speed to Succeed

After three starts in less than two weeks, trainer Juan Serey decided to give Caffe D’ Oro a little bit of a breather heading into Saturday’s My Frenchman Stakes.

Not that the 5-year-old needed the time off – Serey just couldn’t find any other options.

“He’s doing really well,” Serey said.  “The best of his life.  He’s not tired at all.”

Caffe D’ Oro started his three-race-in-two-week stretch back on July 3 with a 6 ½-length win in a $9,000 claimer on the main track.

The son of Medaglia d’Oro then moved to the turf where he finished second in a first-level allowance race on July 8 and then set a new course record for five furlongs on the grass on July 15.

“I truly don’t think any horse is quicker than he is,” Serey said.  “Plus, there’s no speed in the race.  I think we can do it.”

Serey was happy to be able to get his gelding back onto his preferred surface this summer.

“I ran him on the dirt a couple times earlier because I had to,” Serey said.  “The first chance I had to get him on the turf, I did, and now he’s back running well again.”