• Gold Rush Dancer (14-1) pulls the upset in Del Mar's Real Good Deal Stakes.Posted 1 minutes ago
  • Haveyougoneaway (7-2) wears down Paulassilverlining to win the Honorable Miss at Saratoga.Posted 3 hours ago
  • Exaggerator is going in the Haskell, according to Steve Edelson of the Asbury Park Press.Posted 7 hours ago
  • The Gurkha wins a Sussex thriller over Galileo Gold and Ribchester.Posted 9 hours ago
  • Amis Gizmo romps home in the Prince of Wales at Fort Erie.Posted 1 day ago
  • Long On Value (7-2) cuts back and rolls in the Lucky Coin Stakes.Posted 2 days ago
  • Songbird repels the challenge of Carina Mia, and romps home in the CCA Oaks.Posted 3 days ago
  • Up With the Birds swings to victory in Woodbine's Nijinsky Stakes.Posted 3 days ago
  • Tin Type Gal rides the rail to victory in Monmouth's Boiling Springs.Posted 3 days ago
  • California Chrome edges Dortmund in a San Diego Handicap showdown.Posted 3 days ago

Caffe D' Oro Has Speed to Succeed

After three starts in less than two weeks, trainer Juan Serey decided to give Caffe D’ Oro a little bit of a breather heading into Saturday’s My Frenchman Stakes.

Not that the 5-year-old needed the time off – Serey just couldn’t find any other options.

“He’s doing really well,” Serey said.  “The best of his life.  He’s not tired at all.”

Caffe D’ Oro started his three-race-in-two-week stretch back on July 3 with a 6 ½-length win in a $9,000 claimer on the main track.

The son of Medaglia d’Oro then moved to the turf where he finished second in a first-level allowance race on July 8 and then set a new course record for five furlongs on the grass on July 15.

“I truly don’t think any horse is quicker than he is,” Serey said.  “Plus, there’s no speed in the race.  I think we can do it.”

Serey was happy to be able to get his gelding back onto his preferred surface this summer.

“I ran him on the dirt a couple times earlier because I had to,” Serey said.  “The first chance I had to get him on the turf, I did, and now he’s back running well again.”