• Abel Tasman (12-1) gets up in time to beat American Gal in the Grade 1 Starlet.Posted 11 hours ago
  • Mastery (1-5) shrugs off his competition in the Grade 1 Los Alamitos CashCall Futurity.Posted 12 hours ago
  • Party Boat (5-2) gets her head down to win the Wait a While.Posted 14 hours ago
  • Fact Finding (8-5) draws clear of the Smooth Air field and keeps a perfect record.Posted 14 hours ago
  • Lovable Lady (12-1) blasts away in the Willa On the Move Stakes.Posted 14 hours ago
  • Paulassilverlining (1-9) makes easy work of the Garland of Roses field.Posted 15 hours ago
  • Sonic Mule (3-1) keeps the wins for Todd Pletcher rolling in the Buffalo Man.Posted 15 hours ago
  • Tapwrit (3-2) holds off stablemate Master Plan to win the Pulpit.Posted 15 hours ago
  • Lirica (5-2) finds a clear path to take the Hut Hut Stakes.Posted 17 hours ago
  • Bode's Dream (5-2) returns victorious in the House Party to remain undefeated.Posted 18 hours ago

Brown Says Two Grade I Wins "Incredible"

Trainer Chad Brown was in excellent spirits Sunday morning, the day after enjoying the biggest day of his training career.

At 5:15 p.m. Saturday, Brown was at Saratoga to watch as his Big Blue Kitten rallied from 12th and last place to win the Grade 1, $600,000 Sword Dancer Invitational, a length ahead of Twilight Eclipse. Less than two hours later, sitting in front of the TV in his barn office, Brown and his staff watched Real Solution duel with The Apache in the stretch and then get put up to first by disqualification to win the Grade 1 Arlington Million.

Two Grade 1s in the same day was a first for Brown, and they came in two of the most important grass races in the country.

"I'll tell you, it was incredible," Brown said. "Like I said, so much planning goes into these races. They're on a calendar, and you work backwards a long way out, often, and with horses, the best-laid plans rarely work out. But this time, we pointed to those two races and hit them both. It's a tremendous feeling."

Brown said he had been fielding congratulations throughout the night and into the morning, in person and via text message. Some people, however, didn't realize he had won the Million.

"I had a couple [texts] late, to be honest with you, that said, 'Great win in the Sword Dancer. I'm sorry; your horse ran great in the Million. Good job,'" Brown said. "I had an owner today tell me, came up to me just now, one of my clients, and he said, 'Hey, great win yesterday, but in the Million, tough beat.' Some people just walked away."