• Minding rolls home an easy winner of the Group 1 Pretty Polly Stakes at The Curragh.Posted 2 days ago
  • Melatonin powers home a strong winner of the Gold Cup at Santa Anita.Posted 2 days ago
  • Lord Nelson lunges late to nip Subtle Indian in the Triple Bend.Posted 2 days ago
  • By the Moon proves best in the Grade 3 Bed O' Roses at Belmont Park.Posted 2 days ago
  • Mo Tom finds a trouble free trip, and rolls home an easy Ohio Derby winner.Posted 2 days ago
  • Isabella Sings strolls to victory in Monmouth's Eatontown.Posted 2 days ago
  • Sarah Sis makes all the running as the Chicago Handicap favorite.Posted 2 days ago
  • Harzand holds off Idaho in the Irish Derby to become a dual Derby winnerPosted 3 days ago
  • Far From Over wins his return today at Belmont after more than 16 months away.Posted 3 days ago
  • Champion Untapable has been retired from racing, according to owner, Ron Winchell.Posted 8 days ago

Brown Says Two Grade I Wins "Incredible"

Trainer Chad Brown was in excellent spirits Sunday morning, the day after enjoying the biggest day of his training career.

At 5:15 p.m. Saturday, Brown was at Saratoga to watch as his Big Blue Kitten rallied from 12th and last place to win the Grade 1, $600,000 Sword Dancer Invitational, a length ahead of Twilight Eclipse. Less than two hours later, sitting in front of the TV in his barn office, Brown and his staff watched Real Solution duel with The Apache in the stretch and then get put up to first by disqualification to win the Grade 1 Arlington Million.

Two Grade 1s in the same day was a first for Brown, and they came in two of the most important grass races in the country.

"I'll tell you, it was incredible," Brown said. "Like I said, so much planning goes into these races. They're on a calendar, and you work backwards a long way out, often, and with horses, the best-laid plans rarely work out. But this time, we pointed to those two races and hit them both. It's a tremendous feeling."

Brown said he had been fielding congratulations throughout the night and into the morning, in person and via text message. Some people, however, didn't realize he had won the Million.

"I had a couple [texts] late, to be honest with you, that said, 'Great win in the Sword Dancer. I'm sorry; your horse ran great in the Million. Good job,'" Brown said. "I had an owner today tell me, came up to me just now, one of my clients, and he said, 'Hey, great win yesterday, but in the Million, tough beat.' Some people just walked away."