• Abel Tasman (12-1) gets up in time to beat American Gal in the Grade 1 Starlet.Posted 26 minutes ago
  • Mastery (1-5) shrugs off his competition in the Grade 1 Los Alamitos CashCall Futurity.Posted 1 hour ago
  • Party Boat (5-2) gets her head down to win the Wait a While.Posted 2 hours ago
  • Fact Finding (8-5) draws clear of the Smooth Air field and keeps a perfect record.Posted 3 hours ago
  • Lovable Lady (12-1) blasts away in the Willa On the Move Stakes.Posted 3 hours ago
  • Paulassilverlining (1-9) makes easy work of the Garland of Roses field.Posted 3 hours ago
  • Sonic Mule (3-1) keeps the wins for Todd Pletcher rolling in the Buffalo Man.Posted 3 hours ago
  • Tapwrit (3-2) holds off stablemate Master Plan to win the Pulpit.Posted 4 hours ago
  • Lirica (5-2) finds a clear path to take the Hut Hut Stakes.Posted 6 hours ago
  • Bode's Dream (5-2) returns victorious in the House Party to remain undefeated.Posted 6 hours ago

Breen Eyes Belmont Repeat With My Adonis

My Adonis
All eyes, well most eyes, will be glued to post 11 for Saturday’s Belmont Stakes - that’s where I’ll Have Another will break from as he goes for the Triple Crown.  But one stall to his outside will be My Adonis, and Monmouth Park-based trainer Kelly John Breen will have his eyes focused on him as the 3-year-old colt looks to give the 43-year-old trainer back-to-back upsets in Saturday’s Classic.

“We’re just trying to repeat what we did last year,” said Breen, who conditioned Ruler On Ice to a 24-1 victory in last year’s Belmont Stakes.  “I like being on the outside.  In a race like this, post position doesn’t really come into play.”

My Adonis, a colt by Pleasantly Perfect, broke his maiden at Monmouth last September, drawing off in the mud to a nearly five-length score.  He followed that up with a stakes win at Delta Downs.

This season, the George and Lori Hall color bearer was third in the Holy Bull (G3), second in the Gotham (G3) and most recently third, beaten just a half-length in the Canonero II Stakes at Pimlico on May 5.

While he’s shown versatility in his running style, Breen was not offering any indication what we can expect from My Adonis come Saturday.

“We’ll all sit down and talk about it,” said Breen.  “The Halls, myself, Ramon (jockey Dominguez) will get together and discuss the best course of action.”

As for last year’s Belmont Stakes winner, Breen said the Breeders’ Cup Classic is the ultimate goal this year for his now 4-year-old gelding by Roman Ruler.

“We’ll let him tell us when he’s ready,” the trainer said.  “He worked well last Sunday (3 furlongs in :36 flat at Monmouth).  There’s no race picked out for him, no definitive plan, we’ll just wait until he’s says he’s ready.”

Ruler On Ice was third in last year’s Breeders’ Cup Classic, earning $495,000 in the process.  He’s made one start in 2012, an eighth-place finish in the Donn Handicap (G1) at Gulfstream Park on February 11.

Older Comments about Breen Eyes Belmont Repeat With My Adonis...

Hes going on my gimmicks, Why? Nick Zito & Birdstone at 36-1, that's why? Anything can happen in this race.
I think the best course of action would be to scrath My Adonis