• If you bet A Lot in the Paradise Creek, then the winning margin was "a lot" more than the wagering return!Posted 9 hours ago
  • The Nassau goes to Sky Treasure!Posted 9 hours ago
  • Sunday Rules runs them off their feet in the Spring Fever to remain undefeated!Posted 9 hours ago
  • Xtra Luck gets his first stakes win in the Louisville Handicap!Posted 9 hours ago
  • Joe Bravo earned win #5,000 with a victory aboard Boss Man today at Monmouth Park.Posted 10 hours ago
  • There's no catching Black Hornet in the Vigil Stakes at Woodbine.Posted 6 days ago
  • American Pharoah romps home in the Preakness!Posted 7 days ago
  • Ironicus explodes to win the Dixie going away.Posted 7 days ago
  • Ageless best in The Very One again, this time with a course record.Posted 7 days ago
  • Holy Boss much the best in the six furlong Chick Lang.Posted 7 days ago

Breeders' Cup Contender- Dyrdek's Weemissfrankie Still Perfect (Video)

After winning the third straight race to start her career while capturing her second Grade I victory in the $250,000 Oak Leaf Stakes, Weemissfrankie and her connections, which include popular MTV reality star Rob Dyrdek, put on one of the most exuberant celebrations in quite some time in Santa Anita’s winner’s circle.

“I’m such a huge fan of horse racing in general and how much fun it is,” said Dyrdek, who set many Guinness World Records for skateboarding on his shows Fantasy Factory and Rob & Big. “I hope to inspire other friends in my world to start kicking in a little money into some horses and see what happens. It’s a heck of a thrill.”

Making her first start on dirt and going two turns, the 9-to-5 favorite sat in mid-pack early before swinging out turning for home and just getting up by half a length after the mile and a sixteenth journey under a strong ride from Rafael Bejarano.

“I think she beat a good group of fillies over a track that might be slightly speed biased,” said trainer Peter Eurton, who can thank the New York-bred daughter of Sunriver for both Grade I wins of his career. “(The enjoyment she’s brought) has been so short and quick that it hasn’t really sunk in yet.”

The next stop for Weemissfrankie is likely the $2 million Grey Goose Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Fillies (Grade I) at Churchill Downs on November 4; although Eurton said the Juvenile Fillies Turf would also be a consideration.

Both runner-up Candrea, the second choice at 3-to-1, and third-place finisher Charm the Maker, the 9-to-2 fourth choice who finished another half length back, are also under consideration for trips to Kentucky for the Breeders’ Cup World Thoroughbred Championships.

Make sure to follow me on Twitter @mdoche for much more and visit www.pick4blog.com for daily selections and analysis!

To view my horse racing channel on YouTube click here!

Older Comments about Breeders' Cup Contender- Dyrdek's Weemissfrankie Still Perfect (Video)...

Not sure why Weemissfrankie is not getting more respect. She looks good to me!