• Danzing Candy (3-10) makes it look easy going all the way in a muddy Lone Star Handicap.Posted 13 hours ago
  • Ashleyluvssugar (5-2) bursts through under Gary Stevens to win his 2nd Charles Whittingham.Posted 14 hours ago
  • In his first race since the Travers, Destin finishes 3rd in the 8th at Belmont.Posted 16 hours ago
  • The well bred Souper Tapit (9-5) runs to the money in the Marine Stakes.Posted 16 hours ago
  • Cloud Computing will not run in the Belmont Stakes, instead waiting for Saratoga's Jim Dandy.Posted 17 hours ago
  • Cupid (7-1) makes a winning comeback in the Grade 1 Gold Cup at Santa Anita.Posted 1 day ago
  • Illuminant (8-5) sneaks up the rail to capture the Grade 2 Monrovia.Posted 1 day ago
  • Cowboy Culture (5-2) is the clear victor in the Grade 3 Arlington Classic.Posted 1 day ago
  • Lady Eli (3-5) keeps Goodyearforroses at bay to win the Grade 1 Gamely.Posted 1 day ago
  • Finley'sluckycharm (1-5) runs away with the Grade 3 Winning Colors.Posted 1 day ago
Breeders Cup 2015
Belmont Stakes 2017

Breeders' Cup Contender- Dyrdek's Weemissfrankie Still Perfect (Video)

After winning the third straight race to start her career while capturing her second Grade I victory in the $250,000 Oak Leaf Stakes, Weemissfrankie and her connections, which include popular MTV reality star Rob Dyrdek, put on one of the most exuberant celebrations in quite some time in Santa Anita’s winner’s circle.

“I’m such a huge fan of horse racing in general and how much fun it is,” said Dyrdek, who set many Guinness World Records for skateboarding on his shows Fantasy Factory and Rob & Big. “I hope to inspire other friends in my world to start kicking in a little money into some horses and see what happens. It’s a heck of a thrill.”

Making her first start on dirt and going two turns, the 9-to-5 favorite sat in mid-pack early before swinging out turning for home and just getting up by half a length after the mile and a sixteenth journey under a strong ride from Rafael Bejarano.

“I think she beat a good group of fillies over a track that might be slightly speed biased,” said trainer Peter Eurton, who can thank the New York-bred daughter of Sunriver for both Grade I wins of his career. “(The enjoyment she’s brought) has been so short and quick that it hasn’t really sunk in yet.”

The next stop for Weemissfrankie is likely the $2 million Grey Goose Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Fillies (Grade I) at Churchill Downs on November 4; although Eurton said the Juvenile Fillies Turf would also be a consideration.

Both runner-up Candrea, the second choice at 3-to-1, and third-place finisher Charm the Maker, the 9-to-2 fourth choice who finished another half length back, are also under consideration for trips to Kentucky for the Breeders’ Cup World Thoroughbred Championships.

Make sure to follow me on Twitter @mdoche for much more and visit www.pick4blog.com for daily selections and analysis!

To view my horse racing channel on YouTube click here!

Older Comments about Breeders' Cup Contender- Dyrdek's Weemissfrankie Still Perfect (Video)...

Not sure why Weemissfrankie is not getting more respect. She looks good to me!