• Nyquist will get in his final Kentucky Derby workout Friday afternoon at Keeneland.Posted 2 days ago
  • Time and Motion wins the Memories of Silver for Jimmy Toner.Posted 4 days ago
  • Finest City sets new track record in Great Lady M.Posted 4 days ago
  • Stanford finds his way back to the winner's circle in the Charles Town Classic.Posted 5 days ago
  • Rose Brier sets new course record in the Henry S. Clark.Posted 5 days ago
  • Da Big Hoss lives up to his name with the Dixiana Elkhorn win.Posted 5 days ago
  • Raging Smoke leads all the way in the Sugar Maple.Posted 5 days ago
  • Highland Sky flies home to Woodhaven victory.Posted 5 days ago
  • Brooklynsway upsets I'm A Chatterbox in the Doubledogdare at 25-1.Posted 6 days ago
  • Cupid has been removed from consideration from the Kentucky Derby; Mo Tom is now in.Posted 10 days ago

Breeders' Cup Contender- Dyrdek's Weemissfrankie Still Perfect (Video)

After winning the third straight race to start her career while capturing her second Grade I victory in the $250,000 Oak Leaf Stakes, Weemissfrankie and her connections, which include popular MTV reality star Rob Dyrdek, put on one of the most exuberant celebrations in quite some time in Santa Anita’s winner’s circle.

“I’m such a huge fan of horse racing in general and how much fun it is,” said Dyrdek, who set many Guinness World Records for skateboarding on his shows Fantasy Factory and Rob & Big. “I hope to inspire other friends in my world to start kicking in a little money into some horses and see what happens. It’s a heck of a thrill.”

Making her first start on dirt and going two turns, the 9-to-5 favorite sat in mid-pack early before swinging out turning for home and just getting up by half a length after the mile and a sixteenth journey under a strong ride from Rafael Bejarano.

“I think she beat a good group of fillies over a track that might be slightly speed biased,” said trainer Peter Eurton, who can thank the New York-bred daughter of Sunriver for both Grade I wins of his career. “(The enjoyment she’s brought) has been so short and quick that it hasn’t really sunk in yet.”

The next stop for Weemissfrankie is likely the $2 million Grey Goose Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Fillies (Grade I) at Churchill Downs on November 4; although Eurton said the Juvenile Fillies Turf would also be a consideration.

Both runner-up Candrea, the second choice at 3-to-1, and third-place finisher Charm the Maker, the 9-to-2 fourth choice who finished another half length back, are also under consideration for trips to Kentucky for the Breeders’ Cup World Thoroughbred Championships.

Make sure to follow me on Twitter @mdoche for much more and visit www.pick4blog.com for daily selections and analysis!

To view my horse racing channel on YouTube click here!

Older Comments about Breeders' Cup Contender- Dyrdek's Weemissfrankie Still Perfect (Video)...

Not sure why Weemissfrankie is not getting more respect. She looks good to me!