• Minding rolls home an easy winner of the Group 1 Pretty Polly Stakes at The Curragh.Posted 3 days ago
  • Melatonin powers home a strong winner of the Gold Cup at Santa Anita.Posted 4 days ago
  • Lord Nelson lunges late to nip Subtle Indian in the Triple Bend.Posted 4 days ago
  • By the Moon proves best in the Grade 3 Bed O' Roses at Belmont Park.Posted 4 days ago
  • Mo Tom finds a trouble free trip, and rolls home an easy Ohio Derby winner.Posted 4 days ago
  • Isabella Sings strolls to victory in Monmouth's Eatontown.Posted 4 days ago
  • Sarah Sis makes all the running as the Chicago Handicap favorite.Posted 4 days ago
  • Harzand holds off Idaho in the Irish Derby to become a dual Derby winnerPosted 4 days ago
  • Far From Over wins his return today at Belmont after more than 16 months away.Posted 5 days ago
  • Champion Untapable has been retired from racing, according to owner, Ron Winchell.Posted 10 days ago

Bradley Not Happy With Groupie Doll

Groupie Doll returned to the racetrack at Gulfstream last week, but her trainer isn’t happy with the manner in which the newly crowned Female Sprinter has been training.
“I’m not real happy with her right now. We just started back with her, but she’s just not comfortable on the track,” Bradley said Monday morning. “I haven’t told anyone about it yet, except the vet. He’s supposed to come later.”

After shipping to Gulfstream on Dec. 29, Groupie Doll missed several days of training on the racetrack due to unsatisfactory blood work. Bradley said the 5-year-old daughter of Bowman’s Band is happy and feeling fine.

“The blood’s good. That’s not the problem,” he said. “On the track, she just doesn’t seem the same. I don’t know what it is. We haven’t seen anything. It’ll take me a couple days to check her out and find out what’s going on with her.”

Groupie Doll, who captured the Breeders’ Cup Filly & Mare Sprint last time out, is scheduled to walk the next couple of days while Bradley and the vet try to figure out what’s ailing her.

“The smaller the problem, the harder it is to find,” Bradley said.

Older Comments about Bradley Not Happy With Groupie Doll...

That was sweet, benji.
Maybe she misses Brass Hat?
having a slight lung infection and the other needed hock injections. Could be something wrong with her, but it's just not showing up yet. Like right before you get sick and you feel a bit like crap, but don't have any true symptoms.
Sounds like something is wrong. I've had a few horses who just didn't "feel" or "look" right, but when the vet came out, there was nothing wrong with them- at that moment. I kept the workouts VERY light and had her come back a few months later. One ended up ga
If she's done, she's done. I'd love for her to race another season, but if she's not interested anymore, then I guess retirement or hopefully just time off is the best option
Try turf
I hadn't heard that Blind Luck lost interest. I hope Groupie Doll does not have to retire yet, but certainly her trainer/owner/breeder knows her the best.
Sometimes they just lose interest, as Blind Luck did and best to retire and become a mommy.