• Royal Posse (3-5) repeats in the Claiming Crown Jewel and becomes a millionaire.Posted 32 minutes ago
  • King and His Court (8-5) flies home to win the Display Stakes.Posted 38 minutes ago
  • R Angel Katelyn (8-5) leads all the way in the Sandpiper.Posted 49 minutes ago
  • Rapid Rhythm runs them down in the Battle of New Orleans.Posted 52 minutes ago
  • Highway Star (7-1) is up in time to win the Go for Wand.Posted 1 hour ago
  • Chance of Luck (7-2) holds on to take the Inaugural StakesPosted 1 hour ago
  • Whitmore wins the 6th race at Aqueduct, his first race back since the Kentucky Derby.Posted 2 hours ago
  • Even Thunder (5-2) holds on to win the King's Swan.Posted 1 day ago
  • Effinex, earner of more than $3.3 million, has been retired to stud in New York.Posted 4 days ago
  • Back on dirt, Midnight Storm (8-5) rolls home in the Native Diver.Posted 5 days ago

Bradley Not Happy With Groupie Doll

Groupie Doll returned to the racetrack at Gulfstream last week, but her trainer isn’t happy with the manner in which the newly crowned Female Sprinter has been training.
“I’m not real happy with her right now. We just started back with her, but she’s just not comfortable on the track,” Bradley said Monday morning. “I haven’t told anyone about it yet, except the vet. He’s supposed to come later.”

After shipping to Gulfstream on Dec. 29, Groupie Doll missed several days of training on the racetrack due to unsatisfactory blood work. Bradley said the 5-year-old daughter of Bowman’s Band is happy and feeling fine.

“The blood’s good. That’s not the problem,” he said. “On the track, she just doesn’t seem the same. I don’t know what it is. We haven’t seen anything. It’ll take me a couple days to check her out and find out what’s going on with her.”

Groupie Doll, who captured the Breeders’ Cup Filly & Mare Sprint last time out, is scheduled to walk the next couple of days while Bradley and the vet try to figure out what’s ailing her.

“The smaller the problem, the harder it is to find,” Bradley said.

Older Comments about Bradley Not Happy With Groupie Doll...

That was sweet, benji.
Maybe she misses Brass Hat?
having a slight lung infection and the other needed hock injections. Could be something wrong with her, but it's just not showing up yet. Like right before you get sick and you feel a bit like crap, but don't have any true symptoms.
Sounds like something is wrong. I've had a few horses who just didn't "feel" or "look" right, but when the vet came out, there was nothing wrong with them- at that moment. I kept the workouts VERY light and had her come back a few months later. One ended up ga
If she's done, she's done. I'd love for her to race another season, but if she's not interested anymore, then I guess retirement or hopefully just time off is the best option
Try turf
I hadn't heard that Blind Luck lost interest. I hope Groupie Doll does not have to retire yet, but certainly her trainer/owner/breeder knows her the best.
Sometimes they just lose interest, as Blind Luck did and best to retire and become a mommy.