• Indycott (7-5) wins the opener, as they're off at Saratoga!Posted 1 hour ago
  • Bowies Hero (3-1) much the best in the Oceanside Stakes on opening day at Del Mar.Posted 1 day ago
  • Irap (7-5) romps home a big winner of the Indiana Derby.Posted 5 days ago
  • Eagle (5-2) rides the rail to victory in the Schaefer Memorial.Posted 5 days ago
  • West Coast (2-5) powers home nicely in the Los Alamitos Derby.Posted 5 days ago
  • Songbird (1-9) wins the Delaware Handicap by only a length.Posted 5 days ago
  • Disco Partner (7-5) runs away from his Forbidden Apple competition.Posted 5 days ago
  • Frostmourne (1-2) turns the Kent Stakes into his own private party.Posted 5 days ago
  • Harry Angel defeats Limato and Caravaggio in the Group 1 July Cup.Posted 6 days ago
  • European champion filly Minding has been retired from racing.Posted 8 days ago
Saratoga and Del Mar 2017

Boynton Beach Stakes Quotes

Gulfstream Park
Photo: MEC

Boynton Beach Quotes

Stanley Hough (Sea Road) – “It’s been a good day (Hough-trained 5-year-old mare Tar Heel Mom won Aqueduct’s $150,000 Distaff Handicap (G2) a half-hour before the Boynton Beach). I stayed here with this filly. I’m not that good a shipper. She (Sea Road) runs her race every time – gives it her A-effort and has taken each step up in stride. We’ll get her back home (Belmont Park) and look around for the right spot.”

(Note: Sea Road’s co-owner and co-breeder Alex Rankin also bred and owns Tar Heel Mom, who placed in all three Graded stakes for fillies and mares at Gulfstream earlier this season.)

Joe Bravo (jockey, Sea Road, 1st) – “There was a very soft pace, but my filly was always giving me the confidence that at any time she could go and get the front runners. It was my first time on her, and she was giving me the feeling that whenever we wanted to, we’d go and get this. She was real push-button today.”