• In his first start since the Remsen, Gift Box rolls over a strong allowance field at Belmont.Posted 1 day ago
  • Nyquist has spiked a fever, delaying his trip to Belmont, via DRF's Dave Grening.Posted 4 days ago
  • Second Summer holds off Hard Aces to win the Grade 2 Californian.Posted 4 days ago
  • Exaggerator turns the tables and is victorious in the Preakness (G1).Posted 5 days ago
  • Takeover Target flies home late to win from last in the Grade 2 Dixie.Posted 6 days ago
  • American Freedom fights back for Sir Barton victory.Posted 6 days ago
  • Mizz Money holds on to take the Gallorette (G3) by a nose.Posted 6 days ago
  • Justin Squared was too fast to catch in the Chick Lang.Posted 6 days ago
  • Lady Shipman does not disappoint with a victory in The Very One.Posted 6 days ago
  • Marengo Road gets ahead to take the James W. Murphy.Posted 6 days ago

Boynton Beach Stakes Quotes

Gulfstream Park
Photo: MEC

Boynton Beach Quotes

Stanley Hough (Sea Road) – “It’s been a good day (Hough-trained 5-year-old mare Tar Heel Mom won Aqueduct’s $150,000 Distaff Handicap (G2) a half-hour before the Boynton Beach). I stayed here with this filly. I’m not that good a shipper. She (Sea Road) runs her race every time – gives it her A-effort and has taken each step up in stride. We’ll get her back home (Belmont Park) and look around for the right spot.”

(Note: Sea Road’s co-owner and co-breeder Alex Rankin also bred and owns Tar Heel Mom, who placed in all three Graded stakes for fillies and mares at Gulfstream earlier this season.)

Joe Bravo (jockey, Sea Road, 1st) – “There was a very soft pace, but my filly was always giving me the confidence that at any time she could go and get the front runners. It was my first time on her, and she was giving me the feeling that whenever we wanted to, we’d go and get this. She was real push-button today.”