• Far Right shoots up the rail again to score in the Southwest Stakes. Posted 5 days ago
  • Khozan demolishes a Gulfstream Park allowance field to remain perfect in two starts. Posted 5 days ago
  • No beating North Slope as he returns to dirt a winner in the Evening Attire. Posted 5 days ago
  •  International Star scrapes the paint to win the Risen Star.Posted 6 days ago
  • I'm A Chatterbox speaks loud and clear in the Rachel Alexandra. Posted 6 days ago
  • Itsaknockout wins the Fountain of Youth on the DQ of Upstart. Posted 6 days ago
  •  Chocolate Ride sneaks away in the Fair Grounds Handicap.Posted 6 days ago
  • Long On Value clearly Best in the Canadian Turf. Posted 6 days ago
  •  Street Babe surprise the Mineshaft field at Fair Grounds.Posted 6 days ago
  • Main Sequence storms home late to win the Mac Diarmida! Posted 6 days ago

Boynton Beach Stakes Quotes

Gulfstream Park
Photo: MEC

Boynton Beach Quotes

Stanley Hough (Sea Road) – “It’s been a good day (Hough-trained 5-year-old mare Tar Heel Mom won Aqueduct’s $150,000 Distaff Handicap (G2) a half-hour before the Boynton Beach). I stayed here with this filly. I’m not that good a shipper. She (Sea Road) runs her race every time – gives it her A-effort and has taken each step up in stride. We’ll get her back home (Belmont Park) and look around for the right spot.”

(Note: Sea Road’s co-owner and co-breeder Alex Rankin also bred and owns Tar Heel Mom, who placed in all three Graded stakes for fillies and mares at Gulfstream earlier this season.)

Joe Bravo (jockey, Sea Road, 1st) – “There was a very soft pace, but my filly was always giving me the confidence that at any time she could go and get the front runners. It was my first time on her, and she was giving me the feeling that whenever we wanted to, we’d go and get this. She was real push-button today.”